[Solved] Problems with Unraid after Hardware upgrades: second Mac Address and Smart Health Errors

Hello! I just did some upgrades to my server and now there has been some strange changes to my server. I installed a LSI 9207-8i and a CyberPower UPS. There are two problems that have now happened.

1) There is a second mac address registering to the internal IP of my server.... Unraid is 10.0.0.5 and I can access it... but it also shows a second mac address with the same IP.  It is only there when the unraid server is on so it has to be something on there. 

I have tried: stopping all dockers, disabling docker, tried setting a static IP to unraid in settings.

2) Some of the drives connected to the LSI card have some problems it seems. SSDs are showing high CRC error counts and Hard drives, I cannot run SMART tests on. One is showing Failing Helium but the value is still 100 like all the rest. (western digital Reds).

I have tried: Re-seat the card, upgraded LSI firmware to 20.00.07.00 which stopped the CRC count from increasing on SSDs.

Any help on either problem is appreciated! Thank you! 

apollo-diagnostics-20201105-1047.zip

On 11/6/2020 at 10:36 AM, JorgeB said:

That is failing because of the normalized value, that's the one that counts, and not a good sign unless it's some firmware glitch, keep an eye on it.

Which drives fail to run SMART tests?

So it is the one plugged into the LSI card and that same HDD fails the SMART test. It makes me think it is a software/firmware glitch. Just got new SAS breakout cables.... will try again tonight and report back

• 2 weeks later...
  • CybranNakh changed the title to [Solved] Problems with Unraid after Hardware upgrades: second Mac Address and Smart Health Errors