Split USB device from IOMMU group?

I want to pass a keyboard and mouse to my Windows 10 VM but they are of the same IOMMU group as a bunch of other things, including the unRaid USB stick. How can i separate the keyboard and mouse from the IOMMU group?

I've tried all USB ports on my mother board and it doesn't change the group.

1980582865_Screenshot2020-11-05at20_41_47.png.6e79932323b5bac5fdeccbd85908d323.png

Thanks!

Switching USB ports on the same controller won't change the IOMMU group. I'm thinking you're probably going to have to use the ACS Override patch to get that controller into its own group. Once it's in its own group, you should be able to select the devices individually in the VM settings. This video should be able to help you out:

Edited by Vairfoley
2 hours ago, Vairfoley said:

Switching USB ports on the same controller won't change the IOMMU group. I'm thinking you're probably going to have to use the ACS Override patch to get that controller into its own group. Once it's in its own group, you should be able to select the devices individually in the VM settings. This video should be able to help you out:

I already have the ACS override to Both to be able to pass through my graphicscard, which now works. I've tried all three options (Downstream, multi-function, both) but only Both works for me. And never was the USB separated sadly.

• 4 months later...

hello, guys,  I have exactly the same issue. I watched the Space invaders' video, but there's one thing that he taken for granted : that you might have the number/code in the square bracket for any single row, but it's not..the number is one and any device is listed as Bus 00x and device 00x,

therefore there's no chance to split them.  even overraiding the PCIe ACS it doesn't change.  

Has been mentioned that you might replace the MB,  but mine is a new model (AsRock B365M Pro ) with two NMVe slots and 6 SATA, so I don't want believe that the only chance is to replace it.  

I'm lloking for different suggestion / tips that can help me to solve the problem

THX in advance for your support

BR

IOMMU groups.jpg

• 2 weeks later...