Unraid 4.7 - Removing a drive.

I recently added a SATA PCI controller with a single drive attached. I suspect the SATA controller is bad and I need to remove the drive attached to it. My Unraid server has been locking up ever since I installed the card.

Do I unplug the drive connected to the SATA card, remove the card, power on unraid and rebuild Parity?

Been searching the forums and may have missed the easiest (less risky) approach.

Appreciate any help,

Meerkat

I recently added a SATA PCI controller with a single drive attached. I suspect the SATA controller is bad and I need to remove the drive attached to it. My Unraid server has been locking up ever since I installed the card.

Do I unplug the drive connected to the SATA card, remove the card, power on unraid and rebuild Parity?

Been searching the forums and may have missed the easiest (less risky) approach.

Appreciate any help,

Meerkat

Removing the drive, or the card will not do it.  That is treated the same as a failed drive.

You need STOP the array, to un-assign the drive on the devices page and then, with the array STOPPED, log in via telnet or on the system console and type:

initconfig

to set a new initial disk configuration.  Respond to its prompt with

Yes

(Capital "Y", lower case "es")

When you refresh the browser all the drives should have a "blue" indicator.  When you next start the array it will calculate parity on the new configuration.