10GB Upgrade Planning

daze

Hi guys,

I've got a lot of HW buying planning, in order to upgrade my unRAID server. First up is 10GB. I'd need a switch, was looking at:

MicroTik - 10GB 8 port (SPF+) Managed Switch:

https://www.amazon.com/MikroTik-Desktop-Gigabit-Ethernet-CRS309-1G-8S/dp/B07NFXN4SS/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=microtik+10gb&qid=1604875746&sr=8-2

For connectivity, I could pick up a 1 or 2port 10GB card from eBay (Intel X520-DA2)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/942V6-Dell-Intel-X520-DA2-0942V6-10Gb-SFP-DP-Server-Network-Adapter-Low-Profile/233768415570?epid=2286107199&hash=item366daef152:g:ygEAAOSwuDBfoYNo

I believe you can flash the MicroTik to be a router.

And the transceivers, and cables are etc...

Also planning on building a gaming PC with a Ryzen 5950X/nVidia 3080+, but need to find a curved wide screen LCD for high refresh rates (120-144Hz). My HW is all pretty old at this point, getting by on an HP gaming laptop with a 2070, which is not bad, but getting pretty hit. And it's time to get my office setup and get off the couch. :)

Perfectly happy with unRAID, and planning on not going elsewhere, perhaps a better enclosure/case. 

Life is short, might as well splurge and for once, build a monster setup. Please help me if you can -- any constructive questions or advice is more than welcome!

I normally come here, to the forms, and people have guided me perfectly well on what to get, and I've been very happy!

If anyone's interested, I'm a Software Engineer and computers are my hobby and work.