Unraid Dual NIC Network Docker Config- Web GUI's not loading

Hi all, I searched around the forums and google for the passed almost 3 days but didn't see my exact situation. Apologies in advanced if this has been asked already. 

-Unraid 6.8.3

-Admin console is being run from eth0 (192.168.1.165)

-I have a motherboard with 2x 1gig NICs. 

-I want eth1 to only be used for certain docker instances (e.g. qbittorrentvpn for downloading on a separate IP - in this case 192.168.1.133)
-Everything else I want to default to eth0 (Via Bridge/host)

-I am pretty sure I have the eth0/eth1 Network settings configured wrong. 

The problem I am facing, is getting the all the web GUI's for the docker containers to pull up.  

In this current configuration all my bridge/host docker containers web GUI's start fine, with the exception of Qbittorrentvpn (br0) . 
image.thumb.png.913bb9eb47ae58ef050895dba0073a95.png

Here are my current docker settings... If I select IPv4 Custom network on interface br1 (instead of br0) only Plex (host) and qbittorrent (br1) web GUI's work. 

image.thumb.png.2dda7782ec47125da8ab6b4260b6fbcd.png

Here are my current network settings (feel free to post suggestions of what I need to change to get it working the way I want) 

image.thumb.png.93ee27bf8d2e3bbccf9902cbb9ff1bfb.png

You could create separate bridges, allocating different physical ethernet NICs to each Bridge as seen fit....but also a single bridge with VLANs will do (if your switch and router can handle it).

I have  a Quad-NIC in my rig and created a single bridge and bond (hence 4gBit bandwidth to my Switch), but also created a VLAN setup.

With that I can allocate/assign each docker with an individual IP-Address out of the associated VLAN configured in its docker template.

Edit: a VLAN setup even works with only a single, physical NIC in your rig

Edited by Ford Prefect
1 hour ago, Ford Prefect said:

You could create separate bridges, allocating different physical ethernet NICs to each Bridge as seen fit....but also a single bridge with VLANs will do (if your switch and router can handle it).

I have  a Quad-NIC in my rig and created a single bridge and bond (hence 4gBit bandwidth to my Switch), but also created a VLAN setup.

With that I can allocate/assign each docker with an individual IP-Address out of the associated VLAN configured in its docker template.

Edit: a VLAN setup even works with only a single, physical NIC in your rig

Thanks for the reply - Unfortunately I don't have a manage switched/router that can handle VLANs.  Can you provide some instructions on how I can the separate bridges set up? I tried setting both eth0 and eth1 to bonding off, and each having bridging enabled but I run into an issue where I cannot see both bridges (br0 and br1) in the docker container network settings.

When I go Settings > Docker, I can enable both, but only br0 shows up in the container settings. 

not clear what your use-case is...an individual IP for each docker can be obtained by using only one bridge, like br0 for example...as long as the address-range allows, of course.

If you can bring up both bridges fine in network settings and can ping both IPs from outside, then probably the problem is inside docker setting, that you configured each bridge to be part of the same network? I'd use a different network for each interface/bridge.

For combining bandwidth, I'd use only one bridge and bond both NICs into one bonding-interface...provided your switch can handle it, I'd suggest to go for for 802.3ad (mode 4).

For splitting bandwidth, use separate networks.

As said, I only uses physical bridges (includes vlan bridges)...in docker settings I also have "host access to custom networks" set to "disabled", as well as "preserve user defines networks" set to "no".

I only use access to the physical bridges (custom network) and host network as an exception of that rule...no other variants offered in the docker template.

1 hour ago, Ford Prefect said:

not clear what your use-case is...an individual IP for each docker can be obtained by using only one bridge, like br0 for example...as long as the address-range allows, of course.

If you can bring up both bridges fine in network settings and can ping both IPs from outside, then probably the problem is inside docker setting, that you configured each bridge to be part of the same network? I'd use a different network for each interface/bridge.

For combining bandwidth, I'd use only one bridge and bond both NICs into one bonding-interface...provided your switch can handle it, I'd suggest to go for for 802.3ad (mode 4).

For splitting bandwidth, use separate networks.

As said, I only uses physical bridges (includes vlan bridges)...in docker settings I also have "host access to custom networks" set to "disabled", as well as "preserve user defines networks" set to "no".

I only use access to the physical bridges (custom network) and host network as an exception of that rule...no other variants offered in the docker template.

Ah I see I was using the same network for both NICs; I'm guessing that's why Docker network settings didn't allow me to see or use both br0 & br1. 

For now I have disconnected the cable for eth1, disabled br1  (set bonding off on eth0 + enabled bridging) and everything is working flawlessly. I will have to look into creating a separate network this weekend (for the secondary NIC)

If anyone has a guide/reference they can refer me to that would be much appreciated. 

...you do the same for eth1 as you did with eth0, and configure a different network/IP. The "challenge" will be to enable this network on your local router, outside of the unraid rig. This includes routing between your lical networks and enabling the firewall for security.

What router do you have in your setup? I'd recommend a "real" one...the ones from Mikrotik have a sweet spot for price/value, IMHO.
You can even put it in between your ISP-Router or Modem-Bridge if you must.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk