Controller card brackets (IBM ServerRaid Br10i brackets - all claimed)

Anyone know of any sources where I might be able to pick up a full height bracket for the IBM ServeRAID BR10i SAS controller card?

edit:

I acquired 7 IBM ServerRaid Br10i brackets from a forum in Australia (see below), here is the current status of them:

BRiT - 2

pantner - 1

bjp999 - 1

queeg - 2

sorry no more available!

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS I'M SHIPPING FROM NEW JERSEY - I can at least share that info now :).

Was scouring around for something more definitive and ran across a thread where someone suggested Mouser carried several Brackets and Bracket Number 9203 ($2.33 for 1) worked for their Dell Perc 6i (LSI 1068E) card.

It looks like part 9203-2 includes 3 small holes for leds and 1 larger hole for NIC bracket. If only there was a 9203-3 that only included the small holes for leds, it might work out perfect for the BR10i cards.

After looking closer at the measurements, it seems like the 9203 bracket has the holes spaced too far apart, at 85.39 mm. My BR10i card seems to need something around the 53-54 mm range.

The part number 9231 has 53.9 mm between the 4-40 Thread mounting holes, but it's a low-profile bracket.

The part number 9202 has 56.5 mm between the 4-40 Thread mounting holes and is listed as EISA/ISA.

I did some more searching and the magic part needed is a Purcel P174-0000 Bracket. Their entire line of blank brackets is available here.

Another suitable bracket is the Gompf 9795-0000.

The distance between the 4-40 Thread mounting holes is indeed 53.9mm.

This appears to be a standard low-profile to full profile adaptor bracket.

I'm trying to track down sources that accept smaller orders. Most of the sites which claim to have surplus inventory of either bracket are not setup for web orders, so I'm hoping to hear back on some of my email questions.

Awesome work BRiT, however I too tracked down the original supplier (Purcel) and they wouldn't even give me the dignity of responding to my email when I tried about a month ago. I found another out though that hopefully will come through, http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=921063. They went to Purcel and bought a large order of the brackets and are now dishing them out in smaller quantities to members that need them. I joined the forum (it was a pain since I couldn't use a free email address) and PMed the thread starter, hopefully there's some left and I'll be able to order one. The biggest issue with this is that obviously it's an Australian forum meaning I'll be paying a decent amount for shipping (especially since the original order they got came from the States hahaha), but it's better than nothing.

Ah, how freaking typical... That's just too damn funny and sad. For this being a standard low-profile to full profile adaptor bracket, it's amazing difficult to find for purchase.

If you get a response, I'm in need of 2 of them. If they're game, maybe we can get a small portion of them back into the states to then redistribute to our members here.

Ok there's 7 left and he's charging me $33.83 for the lot of them (that's total including shipping). If you're still interested I can pick them up off him then redistribute here (shouldn't cost more than $2 to usps them from here to wherever in the states), otherwise I'll just get what I need, let me know.

Ok I just PayPal'd the money to him it came out to $35.22 after whatever the hell PayPal uses for currency conversions (not to mention their fee to convert). So with that in mind it will be $5.03 per bracket + whatever shipping will be which shouldn't be much.

I have 4 still unclaimed if anyone else is in need (now or in future).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I tested out a bracket last night on my card and it worked great except there's no hole drilled for the LED extension (so that you can see the indicator light out the back of the card). You can either A) drill a hole yourself which should be reasonable easy or B) just remove the LED indicator which is even easier (just a piece of plastic with plastic pins that connect it to the board).

I'm going to find out how much it costs to ship and see if I can scrounge up some bubble wrap packaging.

Haha you kids are silly :).

I was actually short 1 set of screws but I managed to find a perfectly threaded set on a very old COMM card from 1989.

Just wanted to report that mine arrived as well.  I have been so busy at work this week that didn't even have a chance to plug in the board to make sure it wasn't DOA. But late last night I added the bracket and plugged it up (in my HTPC - still waiting for parts for new build) with a couple drives and it is working great.  I did pop off the little plastic doohickey (technical term) preventing the bracked from screwing on.  I may drill a hole so I can leave it installed, but don't really see the point.  If the controller isn't working, I think I'd know without the light.

Thanks again!