Ryzen and Pass-through

joecool169

Hi everyone,

My current setup is:

Ryzen 2600X Asus PRIME X470-PRO 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram

NVIDIA 8800 GTX

LSI SAS 9211-8i

Broadcom 10Gbe network adapter

After putting forth much effort I am unable to successfully and reliably pass-through my gpu. My question is if I upgraded to an x570 board would I have a better chance? Or should I just be thinking about Intel?

Hi everyone,
 My current setup is:
Ryzen 2600X Asus PRIME X470-PRO 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram
NVIDIA 8800 GTX
LSI SAS 9211-8i
Broadcom 10Gbe network adapter

After putting forth much effort I am unable to successfully and reliably pass-through my gpu. My question is if I upgraded to an x570 board would I have a better chance? Or should I just be thinking about Intel?

Correct me if I’m wrong but UnRaid will always default the gfx to UnRaid and not the VM. There is a work around floating around I thought but I couldn’t find it. Try adding a second gpu if you have one to see if thatll work. Sorry that wasn’t helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, 

I don't think it's a motherboard issue, if a card is sticking in D3 is a reset issue with a card.

The code 43 was a different issue but again, Nvidia driver specific.

Can you try the GTX1070 in there? 

I find that I have no issues with SeaBIOS + FX chipset on GT710, P1000, GTX1650

I had random issues with AMD so have pulled that card for now.

I am on an Intel chipset, however the errors you describe seem to suggest GPU compatibility and the GTX8800 is 14 years old now from a time when VM's were very niche.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after having tried everything I was finally able to upgrade the video card in my gaming rig. So I popped the GTX1070 I retired from there into my Unraid server.

The Arch Linux VM immediately booted up with GPU passthrough working. Windows still does not work, but I fiddled with it so much I am guessing I may need to delete my xml and start over.