[SUPPORT] Spants photostructure template

Is there an ETA for the developer supported Unraid docker?   I tried the one currently in the apps section and it went down in flames.    Won’t start anymore. 

When it did run, initial import lit up my server, but eventually slowed to a crawl.    After 30 something hours of processing, I had to pause the sync process to manage something else and when I tried restarting the docker, it just crashes.  

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, shrekfx said:

How is this for photo storage?

It's designed for photo and video storage, and handles most image and video types (including JPEG, most RAW formats, and tons of different video formats). Truth be told, I made it to clean up my own mess.

If she's using other software already, know that I've tried to make it interoperable (especially with XMP sidecars and Google Takeouts).

Looking at possibly using this vs nextcloud maybe??

Nextcloud provides as a folder view of your files.

PhotoStructure is designed specifically to intelligently deduplicate and organize photos and videos, with instant browsing of photos and videos (by date, filesystem, type, keywords, and albums).

Wife is a photographer and have a good number of images...

My own library is tracking 500k+ files (I have a lot of duplicate files, and ~300k unique "assets"). Many other users have similarly sized libraries.

Edited by mrm
2 hours ago, shrekfx said:

Question regarding the setup.  Reading the instructions, the /ps/tmp location.  If I have the /ps/ location for the general files on my array, how do i map the /ps/tmp to a ssd cache drive?

Click "show more settings...", and click "edit" by "Temp/Scratch disk". Click "Host Path" and pick a directory your SSD (mine is set to /mnt/cache/appdata/photostructure/tmp/ )

Feel free to hop into the PhotoStructure#unraid discord room if you want more real-time help!

Edited by mrm
1 hour ago, mrm said:

Click "show more settings...", and click "edit" by "Temp/Scratch disk". Click "Host Path" and pick a directory your SSD (mine is set to /mnt/cache/appdata/photostructure/tmp/ )

Feel free to hop into the PhotoStructure#unraid discord room if you want more real-time help!

O.k. found it.. Should have known it was there.  Looks like it's on my ssd already that i use for cache so that will work.

• 5 months later...

After a successful install, I get this error log

Error: code EACCES: EACCES: permission denied, open '/ps/config/settings.toml'
Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/ps/config/settings.toml'
{"fatal":true,"exit":true,"status":14,"pid":26,"ppid":19,"error":"main setup failed: Error: code EACCES: EACCES: permission denied, open '/ps/config/settings.toml'¹"}
This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason:
Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/ps/config/settings.toml'

Solution?

1 hour ago, Profezor said:

Error: code EACCES: EACCES: permission denied, open '/ps/config/settings.toml'

Howdy, thanks for trying out PhotoStructure!

I suspect you may be missing a bind mound for `/ps/config`. PhotoStructure v1.1 requires several bind mounts (which the template should guide you through), but more details about what's going on is here: https://photostructure.com/server/photostructure-for-docker/#docker-volume-setup

Note that the next release will only require one bind mount, which should simplify this setup. More details here: https://forum.photostructure.com/t/new-easy-mode-for-docker-coming-in-v2-1/1278

• 2 months later...

Since upgrading to Unraid 6.10 I can't get the PhotoStructure docker to load. It looks like it's not recognizing the user even though it was before and has a permission issue. Here is the error I'm seeing in the log:

usermod: invalid user ID 'XXXXXX'
{"fatal":true,"exit":true,"status":12,"pid":25,"ppid":18,"error":"Library setup failed: ¹: Error: Please check directory permissions for /ps/library/.photostructure: it must be read/write/execute by user 1000/group 1000."}
Error: Please check directory permissions for /ps/library/.photostructure: it must be read/write/execute by user 1000/group 1000.: Library setup failed: ¹
Error: Please check directory permissions for /ps/library/.photostructure: it must be read/write/execute by user 1000/group 1000.
    at L.assertReadWriteExecutable (/ps/app/bin/main.js:9:191324)
    at async Object.t.setupLibraryDataDir_ (/ps/app/bin/main.js:9:387513)
    at async /ps/app/bin/main.js:9:626510
{"fatal":true,"exit":true,"status":14,"pid":25,"ppid":18,"error":"main setup failed: Error: Please check directory permissions for /ps/library/.photostructure: it must be read/write/execute by user 1000/group 1000.: Library setup failed: ¹"}
This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason:
Error: Please check directory permissions for /ps/library/.photostructure: it must be read/write/execute by user 1000/group 1000.
    at L.assertReadWriteExecutable (/ps/app/bin/main.js:9:191324)
    at async Object.t.setupLibraryDataDir_ (/ps/app/bin/main.js:9:387513)
    at async /ps/app/bin/main.js:9:626510
usermod: invalid user ID 'XXXXXX'

Username has been X'd out. Any ideas?

Edited by thunderclap