Drive 7 in Read only mode - Looking for Options

jarredh

Hey all,

One of my drives in my array is stuck in read only mode. The drive is formatted to reiserfs. I ran reiserfsck and it wanted me to run --rebuild-tree option but I would ideally not have to do that option because it will create the lost+found folder and I dont really have time to go through the files.

I have space on my array to take all the data off and reformat the drive to xfs to potentially fix this issue but the problem is the permissions on that drive wont allow me to copy or move the data with unbalanced. I tried to run the Docker Safe new Perms in tools but it did not work on the drive and I still could not move or copy my files.

Do I have any other options here other then running --rebuild-tree? What if I just reformatted the drive to XFS and let the parity rebuild when I readd the drive to the array? Will That work?

I should also add that my mover does not seem to working. When I manually invoke the mover it doesnt seem to be moving any files. I don't know if that is related to this issue or not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by jarredh
9 hours ago, jarredh said:

What if I just reformatted the drive to XFS and let the parity rebuild when I readd the drive to the array? Will That work?

This option will definitely NOT work.   A rebuild cannot be used to change the file system type or to repair file system corruption (which is what you appear to gave).   If you attempt to format the drive to XFS you would lose the contents of the drive as Unraid would write an empty file system to the drive and update parity to reflect this.