VMs on second pool with Unraid Beta 6.9

MiWu

Hello dear Unraid Community,

I am still a Unraid newbie and just built and set up my first server, now I wanted to install an OSX VM with the MacInABox plugin, which also worked well in a first test.

I had the idea to separate my VMs and my cache pool from each other, because thanks to the new beta of Unraid (6.9) it is now possible to create multiple pools. 

What would be the best way to proceed?

I have already done the following:
- created a cache pool with a 1TB SSD (this should only be used for data transfer)
- created a pool with a 256GB NVMe named "vmpool" (this should only be used for the VMs, for now only MAC OSX)

Screenshot 2020-11-14 125702.png

Now I'm wondering which shares have to be switched to the "VMpool" in the cache option? All of the standard shares or just "domains" and "isos"?

StandartShares.jpg

Furthermore I ask myself what I have to enter in the MacInABox installation at "VM Images location" and "XML Location" or is the file path automatically correct when the above question is answered?
MacInABox.png

Sorry for these beginner questions but I didn't really find what I was looking for in the forum or my understanding wasn't good enough to understand the answers.  
I am looking forward to your answers :)

Edited by MiWu
  • 3 weeks later...

What i did last week:

after creating a vmpool i copied the folder "domains" (this is the default folder for vdiks) to the new vmpool.

after that was finished, i changed the domain share to the vmpool:

Screenshot_20201130_120402.thumb.png.52f227708297185171731ec420882119.png

you can also change the share "system" to the vmpool, this one contains the data for Docker (not the appdata configs) and VM's.

no need to change something in that container setting.

Edited by sjaak