Second NIC Setup and Configuration issues/Question.

I am in need of some help.  I am sure it is something easy that I am missing, but I am fairly new to UnRaid.

I have had my UnRaid machine up and running and everything has been working fine for the last month or two.  I have been using an NVMe for cache and things are blazing fast.  Now, wanting to take advantage of this, I have installed a 10gbe NIC into the UnRaid server and this is where things get weird.

UnRaid Specs

8 Core AMD

MSI A970 Gaming Pro Carbon MoBo

Asus XG-C100C  10gbe NIC

Network Layout.

The Unraid Machine plugs directly into a MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+IN.  There is one other computer (Workstation) plugged directly into the MikroTik.  Then the MikroTik switch is connected to a Unifi 24port switch via DAC.

All the rest of the computers on the network are connected to the Unifi gear.

Problem:

The UnRaid will not “talk” to the network over the 10Gbe NIC.  I have assigned it a static IP address.  The MoBo has a NIC on board that also has a static address.   When both the 1gb and 10gb NIC are connected (via CAT6 cables), I can connect to the UnRaid server.  However all data transfers is limited to 1gb speeds.  I can ping BOTH static IP addresses from the Workstation computer.  Also when this happens, I can connect to the MikroTik and watch the data come in over the DAC to the Workstation. (Vice, coming in over the 10gbe port that is connected to UnRaid).  Even if I initiate a SMB transfer from the IP address of the 10gbe NIC, it still comes over the network from the 1gbe NIC.

When I unplug the 1gbe NIC, I can no longer connect to EITHER IP address and cannot connect to the server at all.

Troubleshooting:

I have watched a number of YouTube tutorials on setting up 10gbe and no one has recommended any settings changes that I have seen that may help.

I have attempted to increase the metric on the 1gbe NIC:  No Change

I have attempted to delete the 1gb NIC from the routing table:  The route never deletes after confirmation.  No Change.

Does anyone have any other places I can look?  I would like to “shut off” the 1gb NIC all together and force all traffic through the 10gbe NIC.

Thanks for the help.

Woodser