[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

What are the steps to remove this plugin?  I have installed it and enjoyed it, but I am moving to a different system.  If I just move my USB drive to the newer server, it doesn't boot correctly.  I wondered if this is the reason why? I do not have an nvidia card in the new server.
Go to the plugin page and click the checkbox at the Nvidia Driver plugin and on top click "Remove".

Why should the plugin prevent the boot on other hardware, have you any indication or logs that this plugin is causing that, if so, please post the log or a picture from the error.

Sent from my C64

On 10/20/2021 at 1:03 PM, ich777 said:

Go to the plugin page and click the checkbox at the Nvidia Driver plugin and on top click "Remove".

Why should the plugin prevent the boot on other hardware, have you any indication or logs that this plugin is causing that, if so, please post the log or a picture from the error.

Sent from my C64

I don't know that is the issue, I just know that it is a change from the previous hardware and I am trying to find the thing that is preventing the boot from completing. I think that I have it narrowed down to an incompatibility between the USB drive and motherboard. I will know more this weekend.

I don't know that is the issue, I just know that it is a change from the previous hardware and I am trying to find the thing that is preventing the boot from completing. I think that I have it narrowed down to an incompatibility between the USB drive and motherboard. I will know more this weekend.
Try antoher USB port, maybe there is a internal USB 2.0 header that you can use to connect the USB Boot device.

Sent from my C64

4 minutes ago, SkyHead said:

There is  a method to use your RAMA to temporarily store video files in ram instead of hdd - does it work with this aswell?

7 minutes ago, SkyHead said:

But will it work?

You are talking about Plex and transcoding I think? If yes, why should it not work? This has nothing to do with the used encoder whether it be Software, AMD, Intel, Nvidia.

You are talking about that method or am I wrong:

7 minutes ago, SkyHead said:

I dont get anything on watch nvidia-smi

You have to force a transcode within Plex and of course follow the tutorial from the second post so that this can work and nvidia-smi will output something.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

You are talking about Plex and transcoding I think? If yes, why should it not work? This has nothing to do with the used encoder whether it be Software, AMD, Intel, Nvidia.

You are talking about that method or am I wrong:

You have to force a transcode within Plex and of course follow the tutorial from the second post so that this can work and nvidia-smi will output something.

Yes I was indeed speaking about that method and Plex, sorry I see I wasn't clear on what software I Used. I was thinking of the nvidia plugin and forgot to mention plex

I got both things working now :) Thank you

• Like 1

I'm having some trouble getting this to see my second GPU. I have a GTX 1060 that I will eventually setup to passthrough to VM, but I also have a Quadro P400 to use for Plex/Tdarr transcoding.

I see the P400 in system devices, but not in the Nvidia Driver plugin or in the output of nvidia-smi. I did my best to search but I have not found a solution to this.

Anything I can try to make it appear? I have checked and the P400 is supported on the driver version I have selected.

Screenshot 2021-10-25 173940.png

Screenshot 2021-10-25 174037.png

Screenshot 2021-10-25 174109.png

14 minutes ago, yakboyslim said:

Attached. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

codraid-diagnostics-20211026-2318.zip 150.29 kB · 0 downloads

Seems like your Motherboard is causing this and is related to PCI re allocation when having multiple Nvidia cards installed, this is a known issue with some hardware combinations:

Oct 24 20:45:35 CODraid kernel: NVRM: request_mem_region failed for 0M @ 0x0. This can
Oct 24 20:45:35 CODraid kernel: NVRM: occur when a driver such as rivatv is loaded and claims
Oct 24 20:45:35 CODraid kernel: NVRM: ownership of the device's registers.
Oct 24 20:45:35 CODraid kernel: nvidia: probe of 0000:03:00.0 failed with error -1
Oct 24 20:45:35 CODraid kernel: NVRM: The NVIDIA probe routine failed for 1 device(s).

Try to add pci=realloc=off to your syslinux.conf like:

grafik.png.f8bdead6561a6cd0d74a61fa7eca4425.png

Go to your unRAID Main tab -> click on the blue text "Flash" -> scroll a little down and append pci=realloc=off like in the screenshot -> scroll down to the bottom -> click "Apply" -> reboot your server.

Please report back if it is working then, also try to enable "Above 4G decoding" in your BIOS.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Go to your unRAID Main tab -> click on the blue text "Flash" -> scroll a little down and append pci=realloc=off like in the screenshot -> scroll down to the bottom -> click "Apply" -> reboot your server.

Please report back if it is working then, also try to enable "Above 4G decoding" in your BIOS.

Thanks for the suggestion. Did both the pci=realloc=off and enabled "Above 4G Decoding". No luck though.

After that, I also saw SR-IOV disabled in the BIOS, so I tried enabling that since it sounded related (to my uneducated self). No change either.

11 minutes ago, yakboyslim said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Did both the pci=realloc=off and enabled "Above 4G Decoding". No luck though.

Can you try to swap the cards physically and see if this makes a difference, also maybe try to upgrade your BIOS if there is a update available.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you try to swap the cards physically and see if this makes a difference, also maybe try to upgrade your BIOS if there is a update available.

Well looks like swapping the cards explained a lot. Now the Quadro is recognized instead.

I had to swap them back to get a monitor working on BIOS, so in the current state the 1060 is working now. (Whichever card is in slot 1)

Ensured my BIOS was up to date (it was). And checked that the PCIE slot speeds were all still set to AUTO (also tried GEN3 with no change) Tried enabling PCIE Native mode as well.

So the problem is with the slot, but I don't know what to do past that. The slot has never been used before this, so maybe it's just bad? I feel like that is unlikely though.

Edited by yakboyslim
2 minutes ago, yakboyslim said:

So the problem is with the slot, but I don't know what to do past that. The slot has never been used before this, so maybe it's just bad? I feel like that is unlikely though

No, this has nothing to do with the slot itself, it has something to do how you BIOS handles memory regions, the card is recognized on the bus but the driver can't load it because of some memory re allocation issue.

Are you booting with UEFI or Legacy (CSM)?

If you are booting with UEFI try to boot in Legacy mode and vice versa.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, this has nothing to do with the slot itself, it has something to do how you BIOS handles memory regions, the card is recognized on the bus but the driver can't load it because of some memory re allocation issue.

Are you booting with UEFI or Legacy (CSM)?

If you are booting with UEFI try to boot in Legacy mode and vice versa.

I was in UEFI with no option to boot into CSM. I had to do some digging (switched 'EFI' folder on flash drive '-EFI') but was able to boot up into legacy mode. No change though.

I've followed instructions found in the main couple of posts but I can not get my card (1080TI) to show in emby to use for encoding. 

I've added nvidia driver, runtime variable, device id variable, divice capablities variable. checked spelling/spaces of all values, nvidia driver is latest and showing no errors, disable/enabled docker, restarted server.

As far as I can tell everything is correct. I do not have any errors in plugins or the emby docker. I have no VM's using the card (or even running to test). 

Attached is my diagnostics. Hoping you could point me in the right direction. 

Thanks

Untitled3.png

tower-diagnostics-20211101-0558.zip

36 minutes ago, madpuma13 said:

Hoping you could point me in the right direction. 

Please post a full screenshot from your Docker template from Emby with the Advanced View turned on?

Have you enabled HW transcoding in Emby itself?

What container are you using (repository)?

Have you tried to force a transcode?

Isn't a 1080ti a little overkill for "only" transcoding? :D

Screenshot attached. 

Yes, I have enabled it by checking both Yes and Advanced (no options show under advanced though).  Forcing transcode shows it working via cpu.

Binhex 

Upgraded GPU's recently and this one wasnt doing anything. Absolutely overkill. Untitled4.thumb.png.44a9d3c28dcef230f69bff86d40379e4.png

Edited by madpuma13
18 minutes ago, madpuma13 said:

Screenshot attached. 

Do you also have a valid Emby Premiere subscription, otherwise it will not work.

May I ask if you can setup a second instance on your server just for testing, don't forget to turn off the other one when inserting the Emby Premiere Key in the test instance.

I would recommend the official one from Emby itself.

No problem here with the official one:

grafik.png.e52532b81f5af7862e5edc58e12235ee.png

...and:

grafik.png.8b45e6c1c8f27dc4b8fe0c0d6f5ed114.png