[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

4 minutes ago, GrahamsCrackers said:

I have switched to UEFI in the bios and double checked that both resizable bar and above 4g support are enabled.

Please go back to CSM (Legacy) boot again, I really can't tell why the driver is not loading for the 3070, it seems like something is wrong when mapping memory regions for the card.

When you switch back to CSM please also check if AMD-V and AMD-Vi are turned on.

quasar-diagnostics-3070.zipI have switched back to the 3070 card and enabled CSM boot. It still seems to have the same problem. If it helps, I'm runnning a ryzen 9 5900 and ASUS rog strix x570. Virtualization for my motherboard is SVM mode. Is this a hardware issue? It's all brand new equipment, it just will not run the GPU. Even the 2070 gets a 1003 network error after setting it to HW transcode in plex. I attached diagnostics for the change as well. 

5 hours ago, GrahamsCrackers said:

Is this a hardware issue?

I'm not too sure but it could be.

AMD systems gave me a lot issues over the past with the Nvidia driver.

Have you also checked that you are on the latest BIOS version?

5 hours ago, GrahamsCrackers said:

HW transcode in plex

Can you try if Jellyfin is working for testing purposes? 

I have just installed a Quadro P400 but can't seem to get it recognized.  The Nvidia plugin installs without issue, but the card is not listed in the plugin.  It is listed in its own IOMMU group.  I've rebooted and reseated the card several times but have not had any change.  It's also weird that the Nvidia plugin disappears every time I reboot and I have to reinstall it.  I'm running 6.9.2 on a Supermicro motherboard and diagnostics are attached.

Edited by dpc2
Need to zip digs
4 minutes ago, dpc2 said:

I have just installed a Quadro P400 but can't seem to get it recognized.  The Nvidia plugin installs without issue, but the card is not listed in the plugin.  It is listed in its own IOMMU group.  I've rebooted and reseated the card several times but have not had any change.  It's also weird that the Nvidia plugin disappears every time I reboot and I have to reinstall it.  I'm running 6.9.2 on a Supermicro motherboard and diagnostics are attached.

Please upload the zip file not the extracted files (you can't post that much files in one post here).

11 minutes ago, dpc2 said:

Do you waited for the download to finish, actually for the Done button or did you press the red 'X'?

It seems like the plugin doesn't download the driver properly, do you have the Nvidia Driver plugin visible on the Plugin page?

Do you have a Plugins Error tab on the Plugin page?

Please try to uninstall the plugin and pull a fresh copy from the CA App and wait for the Done button to appear, this can take a little bit since the plugin downloads the driver ~200MB.

I also recommend that you read the first post in this thread again how it should look like.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Do you waited for the download to finish, actually for the Done button or did you press the red 'X'?

It seems like the plugin doesn't download the driver properly, do you have the Nvidia Driver plugin visible on the Plugin page?

Do you have a Plugins Error tab on the Plugin page?

Please try to uninstall the plugin and pull a fresh copy from the CA App and wait for the Done button to appear, this can take a little bit since the plugin downloads the driver ~200MB.

I also recommend that you read the first post in this thread again how it should look like.

Yes, I have waited for the "Done" each time.  Don't think I have cut it short.

It is not present on the Plugin page and there is no error message.  It also doesn't show up as an Installed App in Apps.

I reread Page 1 and I don't get the red box regarding the docker restart.  So something must be short-circuiting the install, despite the driver showing up in Settings (until I reboot).  Attached is what the Driver Package looks like.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 171323.jpg

7 hours ago, dpc2 said:

So something must be short-circuiting the install, despite the driver showing up in Settings (until I reboot).  Attached is what the Driver Package looks like.

Something seems really wrong here since no driver shows up as selected.

Are you sure that you have enough space on your USB Boot device?

Can you try to select a driver, click on Update and then press the Download button?

If that also doesn't work post a screenshot from the plugin installation where I can see what the output is?

Do you have any AdBlocking software installed like AdGuard or PiHole somewhere in your network?

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Something seems really wrong here since no driver shows up as selected.

Are you sure that you have enough space on your USB Boot device?

Can you try to select a driver, click on Update and then press the Download button?

If that also doesn't work post a screenshot from the plugin installation where I can see what the output is?

Do you have any AdBlocking software installed like AdGuard or PiHole somewhere in your network?

I'll take another look tonight, but I'm thinking it must be a space issue on the USB Boot Device.  It's only 1GB and I've had the same one for years.  It's probably near 70-80% full, so that may be preventing the install.

I previously tried clicking on Update and trying to Download a new driver, but without success.  And I do have a PfSense router with pfBlockerNG installed for adblocking.

1 hour ago, dpc2 said:

It's probably near 70-80% full

Yes, then this is the cause of issue... since the latest driver is about 230MB in terms of size.

You can however delete the "previous" folder on your USB boot device, this directory holds the previous unRAID version that you've had installed.

22 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, then this is the cause of issue... since the latest driver is about 230MB in terms of size.

You can however delete the "previous" folder on your USB boot device, this directory holds the previous unRAID version that you've had installed.

That sorted it.  Thank you!  I deleted the "previous" folder and installed the plugin.  This time there was an extra line which hadn't appeared before about the driver being installed, and the process took a few minutes longer.  Then the red docker warning box appeared and all was well.  Thanks again for troubleshooting.

After setting up the driver Plex was still not using HW transcoding.  I found in the Plex transcode settings that I had added a transcode directory a few years ago.  I think that was to enable RAM transcoding.  I deleted that directory reference and the GPU is now doing all transcoding.  Noting that here in case anyone else has the same issue.  

• Like 1

Hi,

I seem to be having an issue with transcoding HEVC media - see images below. Could this be an issue with my graphics card or driver? I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. I have tried the latest driver as well as the current production driver with the same results.

With HEVC transcoding disabled

WithHEVCTranscodingDisabled.thumb.JPG.6e38863ed54b86e1a7751fdf796987df.JPG

With HEVC transcoding enabled

WithHEVCTranscodingEnabled.thumb.JPG.860e1bb98d8b5966d919fc83fc0315db.JPG

Transcoding Data

503931266_TranscodingInfo.JPG.e98ba3a321d6b5d65cd2f2d5d415de69.JPG

My diagnostic data

server-unraid-diagnostics-20220120-1106.zip

2 minutes ago, ultimz said:

Could this be an issue with my graphics card or driver?

I think this has to be an issue with the card itself, but I could be wrong about that.

4 minutes ago, ultimz said:

With HEVC transcoding disabled

Then your CPU is hit pretty hard I think in terms of utilization or am I wrong?

5 minutes ago, ultimz said:

With HEVC transcoding enabled

When transcoding can you try to open up a terminal from unRAID itself and type in:

watch nvidia-smi

What exact encoders did you set in the Jellyfin settings?

From what I see this a SDR movie and not HDR, there should be no issue transcoding these kind of files.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Then your CPU is hit pretty hard I think in terms of utilization or am I wrong?

Yes that is correct

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

When transcoding can you try to open up a terminal from unRAID itself and type in:

watch nvidia-smi

See below - this is with HEVC transcoding enabled in the Jellyfin options:

nvidia-smi.JPG.32a766743725c8d938af20a6a14b1b4c.JPG

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

What exact encoders did you set in the Jellyfin settings?

Currently how it is now (and I have the issue playing videos)... if I disable HEVC the video plays normally

image.png.2dc8ef24a280df2d05732b46cd586763.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

From what I see this a SDR movie and not HDR, there should be no issue transcoding these kind of files.

Strange... I will need to find a way to try a different container... currently using Linuxserver but will look at switching to yours without a reinstall. I do have another 1070 graphics card in the server used by a VM so I could also try that...

3 minutes ago, ultimz said:

See below - this is with HEVC transcoding enabled in the Jellyfin options:

May I ask what python3 application is using your card? Do you use it in other containers too? If yes, does it work in the other containers?

4 minutes ago, ultimz said:

Strange... I will need to find a way to try a different container... currently using Linuxserver but will look at switching to yours without a reinstall. I do have another 1070 graphics card in the server used by a VM so I could also try that...

So this is happening in the Linuxserver container, maybe try the official one or mine and see if the issue persists, what you can also try is to buy a Emby Premiere membership for one month and test if it works in Emby.

I can also confirm that HW transcoding is working in Emby too.

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

May I ask what python3 application is using your card? Do you use it in other containers too? If yes, does it work in the other containers?

Yes and it seems to be working fine - the python3 app you see there is Deepstack

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

So this is happening in the Linuxserver container, maybe try the official one or mine and see if the issue persists, what you can also try is to buy a Emby Premiere membership for one month and test if it works in Emby.

I can also confirm that HW transcoding is working in Emby too.

I will try switching over later and see what happens! Thanks

• Like 1

Hello,

My gpu is no longer showing in my nvidia driver after having to reinstall it after uninstalling all plugins.

As seen below it shows in the syste devices (at the top (GTX 1660)) But it doesnt appear to show up in the unraid driver.

I have plenty of storage on my usb so find this a little strange and i always disable my ad block (unraid uses a different dns server anyway)

homesrv.local-homesrvSysDevs.thumb.png.1896b36596be86e2a7800971321cba43.png

but now when i go onto the nvidia driver plugin page it just has this. I've tried multiple reboots but nothing seems to solve ithomesrv.local-homesrvnvidia-driver.thumb.png.0ad0e325e8f22c9f6caa7560021f2868.png

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please post your Diagnostics.

Downgrading the driver worked? The gpu now displays in the nvidia driver plugin homesrv.local-homesrvnvidia-driver(1).thumb.png.64b06d67d0148b818b5b25e7d19a67f6.png

i've attatched the diagnostics also from just now and this morning before i had uninstalled the auto update plugin which i realised was causing the issue. Hopefully these will help.

homesrv-diagnostics-20220122-0622.zip homesrv-diagnostics-20220122-0830.zip

14 minutes ago, CGRFC1872 said:

i've attatched the diagnostics

Hav eyou exposed the server directly to the Internet or do you have it in the DMZ? If yes please revert this imediately!

Your first syslog is full of login attempts.

16 minutes ago, CGRFC1872 said:

Downgrading the driver worked?

I don't think that's what made it to work, please try a the latest production branch and it should work to, have you changed anything in your BIOS? Seems like Above 4G Decoding isn't turned on in your BIOS.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Hav eyou exposed the server directly to the Internet or do you have it in the DMZ? If yes please revert this imediately!

Your first syslog is full of login attempts.

I don't think that's what made it to work, please try a the latest production branch and it should work to, have you changed anything in your BIOS? Seems like Above 4G Decoding isn't turned on in your BIOS.

Server isnt in a DMZ, the login attempts might have been me as i was constantly spamming it very scared it had just broken.

I've not changed anything in the bios since i got the server in 2017 its litreally been since last night its had this issue after i updated due to getting a message saying there was a new nvidia driver