[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

23 minutes ago, Fuggin said:

Hello...installed an Nvidia GT 710 GPU and used the 470.103.01 driver that claims is the latest linux driver that supports that GPU. Plugin still does not detect card.

Running. 6.10.0.-rc2. Don't know if I need to be running rc4 to work? Please advise.

Disregard...I am an idiot. Everything works now.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, CGRFC1872 said:

You may remmeber i was recently having issues installing the nvidia driver and  keeping it running. I recently upgraded my sever hardware and i am glad to report all is working again and that the issue i was facing was most definetely hardware

Thank you for the information! :)

Did you upgrade your entire hardware including the USB Boot device?

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for the information! :)

Did you upgrade your entire hardware including the USB Boot device?

No, just cpu ram motherboard and cooler. I think it was a motherboard + cpu being a bit older issue. Now im on the 12th gen intel and running 6.10.0-rc4 and everything works flawlessly with the nvidia driver

• Like 1

Hi,

habe eine Frage:

kannst Du eventuell auch die Treiberversion 340.108 hinzufügen? Ich habe eine Quadro FX1800, und dieser Treiber ist der letzte, der diese noch unterstützt.

https://www.nvidia.de/Download/driverResults.aspx/156190/de

Gruß Bernd

-------------------

Hi,

have a question:

can you possibly also add the driver version 340.108? I have a Quadro FX1800, and this driver is the last one that still supports it.

https://www.nvidia.de/Download/driverResults.aspx/156190/de

Greetings Bernd

Edited by Bernd Matthießen
1 hour ago, Bernd Matthießen said:

can you possibly also add the driver version 340.108?

No, because there is no benefit of doing so...

What is your usecase? The @SpaceInvaderOne video to save power draw or do you want to use it for your Docker containers?

2 hours ago, Bernd Matthießen said:

I have a Quadro FX1800, and this driver is the last one that still supports it.

This card was released in 2009 from what I see and can't be used for Docker containers also nvidia-persistenced works completely different (it is part of nvidia-smi in those old drivers) on those old cards and won't save much power.

Also see this answer:

5 minutes ago, Jackal24 said:

When it is not being used, it drops to P8 (which is normal).

This is not always the case since if you don't enable nvidia-persistenced it maybe stay always at P0 and doesn't drop to anything lower, but that is also not always the case, that depends completely how the manufacturer has implemented this in the BIOS from the card.

6 minutes ago, Jackal24 said:

When I use it in Plex or Tdarr docker containers, it never gets above P2 power state (as reported by GPU statistics).

But is it really slower? Often newer cards doesn't need a high power state to actually transcode at the same speeds as other cards do.

Also please notice that the cards have different NVENC generations (1060Ti 6th gen and 1660S 7th gen) and NDEC generations (1060Ti 3rd gen and 1660S 4th gen).

Maybe a higher power state won't help with the speed, from my knowledge it isn't possible to force P0 without a full Desktop environment.

7 minutes ago, Faolmor said:

Hey,

I recently updated the Nvidia drivers and noticed it failed to initialize.

The error indicates that my GTX770 isn't supported past v470.

Is there a way to go back to those legacy drivers?

Thanks!

No  See here: 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, maereax said:

can anyone help me troubleshoot?

Do you have any adblocking software on your network? If yes disable it and wait for at least 10 minutes and try it again.

If this doesn‘t work make sure that the plugin is uninstalled, reboot your server and try it again.

This is usually a indicator that your server can‘t reach GitHub.

Please also post your Diagnostics.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Do you have any adblocking software on your network? If yes disable it and wait for at least 10 minutes and try it again.

If this doesn‘t work make sure that the plugin is uninstalled, reboot your server and try it again.

This is usually a indicator that your server can‘t reach GitHub.

Please also post your Diagnostics.

No adblocking software.  I've tried several reboots and can ping github if that helps

diagnostics-20220429-0149.zip

7 minutes ago, maereax said:

No adblocking software.  I've tried several reboots and can ping github if that helps

Not related to this but if you have the Intel GPU TOP plugin installed please remove those lines from your go file:

modprobe i915
chmor -R 777 /dev/dri

The plugin will handle the activation from the iGPU.

Please run this command once from your command line:

rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver

Can you also ping GitHub from your server?

Can you open this file or download it on your server with this command:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/nvidia_versions

I would also recommend that you first upgrade your Server to Unraid version 6.10.0-rc5, you are still on 6.10.0-rc2

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Not related to this but if you have the Intel GPU TOP plugin installed please remove those lines from your go file:

modprobe i915
chmor -R 777 /dev/dri

The plugin will handle the activation from the iGPU.

Please run this command once from your command line:

rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver

Can you also ping GitHub from your server?

Can you open this file or download it on your server with this command:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/nvidia_versions

I would also recommend that you first upgrade your Server to Unraid version 6.10.0-rc5, you are still on 6.10.0-rc2

Thanks, I removed those lines from my go file.

I ran the command, it ran successfully

yes I was able to download the file from github

I upgraded to rc4 and ran into some issues with something else I was working on a few weeks ago so I reverted to rc2.  Unless you think it's relevant to this problem I'm currently having I'm going to hold out till the next version update

2022-04-29 02_26_03-root@Jarvis_ ~ _ bash --login (Jarvis) — Mozilla Firefox.png

1 minute ago, maereax said:

I upgraded to rc4 and ran into some issues with something else I was working on a few weeks ago so I reverted to rc2.  Unless you think it's relevant to this problem I'm currently having I'm going to hold out till the next version update

RC5 was released just a few days ago... May I ask into what issues did you run?

Please reboot and try to install the plugin again from the CA App, it should work without a hitch.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

RC5 was released just a few days ago... May I ask into what issues did you run?

Please reboot and try to install the plugin again from the CA App, it should work without a hitch.

I don't fully remember, it was a few weeks ago, but I think it had something to do with a networking error with one of my dockers.  I'll mess with it when I get a moment in the next few days and see if rc5 fixes my problem.

🥲

2022-04-29 02_30_14-Jarvis_Apps — Mozilla Firefox.png

4 minutes ago, maereax said:

🥲

Please copy and paste this in a Unraid terminal window and download the driver afterwards from the CA App:

mkdir -p /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver
echo 'first_installation=true
driver_version=latest
local_version=none
disable_xconfig=false
update_check=true' > "/boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver/settings.cfg"

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please copy and paste this in a Unraid terminal window and download the driver afterwards from the CA App:

mkdir -p /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver
echo 'first_installation=true
driver_version=latest
local_version=none
disable_xconfig=false
update_check=true' > "/boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver/settings.cfg"

This worked, thank you very much!

• Like 1