[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

18 minutes ago, staggeredsix said:
18 minutes ago, staggeredsix said:

Not a problem, I appreciate your time!

You can of course go through the source of the driver in my GitHub Repo here: Click

(in the source dorectory you‘ll find how the driver is compiled)

But you have to set up a development environment yourself and compile the Kernel and then the driver and package everything up for the right Kernel version.

I remeber someone who also asked this question and I think he finally ended up buying a consumer card instead of a grid one.

Theoreticly it would be possible for me to compile the driver but this is a really niche usecase and would also a complete overhaul of the plugin itself.

After reseating the card validating everything was plugged in... it still didnt work... 

unless someone knows about how these cards work... perhaps it requires a monitor to be connected at start?

The card I bought was from dell at T400

at this point I think it's a dead card... thoughts?

8 hours ago, mathomas3 said:

In looking into the IOMMU groups... unless im mistaken... I am not seeing the T400... sure sure how that is possible... ill double check the hardware physically...

6 hours ago, mathomas3 said:

After reseating the card validating everything was plugged in... it still didnt work... 

Then I think you got a faulty card, I'm also using a T400 in my test server and have no issues whatsoever.

From your syslog I also see here:

Jul  2 13:50:43 Tower kernel: NVRM: No NVIDIA GPU found.

Hey

I was wondering if someone could help me. I had the driver installed and was using it for transcoding in plex. Last reboot the driver doesn't show up in the plugins anymore, when I try to re install it, it says it's already installed...

image.png.4414a9b6deebdec963a60316fdf817ff.png

23 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you have a active internet connection on boot, no.

I rebooted and I couldn't start Plex. The GPU wasn't showing up. I downgraded back to 6.9.2 and now Apps doesn't work, my GPU isn't there. Nvidia plugin isn't there. And I can't upgrade again because it doesn't give me that option. My system is basically unusable for what I use it for, now.

1 minute ago, ecnal.magnus said:

I rebooted and I couldn't start Plex. The GPU wasn't showing up. I downgraded back to 6.9.2 and now Apps doesn't work, my GPU isn't there. Nvidia plugin isn't there. And I can't upgrade again because it doesn't give me that option. My system is basically unusable for what I use it for, now.

Did you make sure you had the newer Nvidia Driver plugin that is needed for 6.10.3?    There was an earlier one with a similar name that many people have installed.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Did you make sure you had the newer Nvidia Driver plugin that is needed for 6.10.3?    There was an earlier one with a similar name that many people have installed.

This is all my fault. I forgot that I was running my primary DNS through a Docker container. When I rebooted there was no DNS available. I am trying to straighten things out right now. But, it is all my fault for overlooking the DNS settings.

3 hours ago, Azriel said:

I was wondering if someone could help me. I had the driver installed and was using it for transcoding in plex. Last reboot the driver doesn't show up in the plugins anymore, when I try to re install it, it says it's already installed...

Please remove the plugin, also check if it is not in the Plugins Error tab, execute the command from a Unraid Terminal:

rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver

, reboot and after that pull a fresh copy from the CA App (don't forget to restart once more or restart the Docker service).

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ecnal.magnus said:

I rebooted and I couldn't start Plex. The GPU wasn't showing up.

Where are the Diagnostics?

I downgraded back to 6.9.2 and now Apps doesn't work, my GPU isn't there. Nvidia plugin isn't there.

Why did you do this?

And I can't upgrade again because it doesn't give me that option.

Click on Check for updates, go to the Main tab and back to the Upgrade OS page and it will show you 6.10.3

15 minutes ago, ecnal.magnus said:

My system is basically unusable for what I use it for, now.

Please pull the Diagnostics next time before downgrading, without them I can't say anything what went wrong and steps to fix it.

9 minutes ago, ecnal.magnus said:

I am trying to straighten things out right now. But, it is all my fault for overlooking the DNS settings.

I would always recommend to set the Server IP and also the DNS to something static, be it the DNS server from your router or something like 8.8.8.8

Your server always needs exclusive access to the Internet without any AdBlocking in place...

Hope that makes sense.

Delete the plugin if it's in the Plugins Error tab, execute this command from a Terminal from Unraid:

rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver

, reboot and pull a fresh copy from the CA App (don't forget to restart once more or restart the Docker service).

Just now, ich777 said:

I would always recommend to set the Server IP and also the DNS to something static, be it the DNS server from your router or something like 8.8.8.8

Your server always needs exclusive access to the Internet without any AdBlocking in place...

Hope that makes sense.

I have it back up and operational. Funny what having access to DNS will do for you, huh?

Anyway, the only thing I notice out of place, now, is that, on my dashboard, I used to have under where it reports my motherboard, CPU, memory, and that stuff, a place for the GPU, where it told what GPU it was and some realtime statistics. That is no longer there. Is there someway I can get that back, or has that been removed in this version?

2 minutes ago, ecnal.magnus said:

That is no longer there. Is there someway I can get that back, or has that been removed in this version?

Yes, reinstall it from the CA App.

The GPU Statistics plugin is uninstalled when no GPU tool is found and that's likely the case what happened on your machine.

Also check if it's not in the Plugin Error tab on the Plugin page in Unraid, if it is uninstall it from there first and then reinstall it from the CA App.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, reinstall it from the CA App.

The GPU Statistics plugin is uninstalled when no GPU tool is found and that's likely the case what happened on your machine.

Also check if it's not in the Plugin Error tab on the Plugin page in Unraid, if it is uninstall it from there first and then reinstall it from the CA App.

I knew I was missing something, I just couldn't remember what it was. That did the trick. I am back up and fully functional. Thank you for all the help. I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Hello, I was wondering if the newest version of unraid (kernal 5.15.46-Unraid, according to the plugin) would get support for nvidia driver 510.xx.xx? its required for t-rex miner so I imagine im not the only one who needs it.

I did try to edit the config and input a specific driver version but it says it cant be found. I looked through some of the code and found that its getting its list of versions from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/nvidia_versions which obv doesnt include any of the 510 versions. I tried to do some manual editing to force it but its pulling too much from http for me to do it without a ton of work.

I hope im just missing something oblivious! 

8 hours ago, ButterMeWaffle said:

I looked through some of the code and found that its getting its list of versions from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/nvidia_versions which obv doesnt include any of the 510 versions.

This list is only used so that the plugin can determine which are the latest versions from the driver so that it can display the latest versions correctly.

I did try to edit the config and input a specific driver version but it says it cant be found.

Exactly, because my toolchain only compiles the latest production, new feature branch, legacy 470.x.x driver and if a beta driver is available.

Each driver has to be compiled for the individual Unraid version…

510.xx.xx

Can you name a specific version so that I can trigger the build?

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

This list is only used so that the plugin can determine which are the latest versions from the driver so that it can display the latest versions correctly.

Exactly, because my toolchain only compiles the latest production, new feature branch, legacy 470.x.x driver and if a beta driver is available.

Each driver has to be compiled for the individual Unraid version…

Can you name a specific version so that I can trigger the build?

oh man thanks a bunch! 510.73.05 should do, from what I know t-rex just requires a 510 build so I assume the newest should work.