[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

7 hours ago, Kesp said:

So I couldn't find if this has been asked before when I searched but I am trying to add multiple GPU to single docker. I used above and video and got one to successfully work but can't seem to add the second. Is there a way for a docker container to directly communicate with NVIDIA SMI? (Docker I am using is Tdarr and I have 3x 3080 GPUs). Thanks!

You should be able to use the index from the cards in the variable "NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES" which you want to use like:

another option is that you simply use:

all

42 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

My Unriad version is 6.11.5

Please post your Diagnostics if possible since I have to investigate further if this is even related to the transcoding.

This seems to me from the information that I have from your post somewhat related to the BIOS, please update your BIOS to the latest version if not already done, turn on Above 4G Decoding and Resizable BAR.

9 hours ago, Jacon said:

I'm positive.  It attempts to access the GPU and when the process fails, it reverts to the CPU.  No subtitles being forced.

Can you please test the official Jellyfin container if the same happens there (you find instructions on how to enable transcoding there in the second post from this thread).

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please post your Diagnostics if possible since I have to investigate further if this is even related to the transcoding.

This seems to me from the information that I have from your post somewhat related to the BIOS, please update your BIOS to the latest version if not already done, turn on Above 4G Decoding and Resizable BAR.

Hi, my diagnostic log is as follows,

I also uploaded a Jellyfin transcoding log for you

I confirmed that Above 4G Decoding and Resizable BAR is enabled in the BIOS

50221125175003.png.9714a4f285308b9cf726d4a7fd5c7628.png

86693698276003.thumb.png.1a4567213bd82e5b75728917838e7ad8.png

The driver version I am currently using is

n16693706331397.thumb.png.2f2c02e4447f3818b2c61fa04afbb55e.png

ni20221125180606.png.d26298f981f8cb7aafc1c1ccc593dfa8.png

When transcode is in progress, the error seems to be stopped at Nov 25 17:49:40

Looking forward to your reply

leoreyhome-diagnostics-20221125-1752.zip transcode.txt

Edited by crushleorey
49 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

When transcode is in progress, the error seems to be stopped at Nov 25 17:49:40

I really can't tell what's going on there but from my perspective this is some bug in the BIOS.

From what I see you are booting with UEFI, can you try legacy boot (CSM) and see if it's the same?

59 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I really can't tell what's going on there but from my perspective this is some bug in the BIOS.

From what I see you are booting with UEFI, can you try legacy boot (CSM) and see if it's the same?

In the motherboard, if the CMS is enabled, the Resizable BAR will be disabled. Now there is no way to solve my error problem. Can I just wait for a new driver or a new BIOS?

Would like to ask what motherboard and driver your T400 uses?

Looking forward to your reply, thanks

Edited by crushleorey
1 hour ago, Stan_ said:

OK,I'm purchased a license, should I re do a diagnostic and post?🙂

The first thing that I would do is to redo the USB Boot device in terms of the bz* files and also remove everything from the crack on the USB Boot device, you'll never know if the crack also installs a backdoor on your system and I would never trust something which is cracked on a Server anyways!

For the next steps I would recommend that you remove the Nvidia Driver plugin, upgrade your Server to 6.11.5, reboot and after that pull the Diagnostics again and we start from there.

6 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

In the motherboard, if the CMS is enabled, the Resizable BAR will be disabled. Now there is no way to solve my error problem. Can I just wait for a new driver or a new BIOS?

But are you sure that you are booting in CSM mode? For me it seems that you boot with UEFI.

Go to the Main tab from Unraid and then click on the blue text which says "Flash" and make sure that box isn't activated:

grafik.thumb.png.e00efb4ad68a797faa302fa304182783.png

(btw you also see in which mode you are currently booted UEFI or Legacy)

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The first thing that I would do is to redo the USB Boot device in terms of the bz* files and also remove everything from the crack on the USB Boot device, you'll never know if the crack also installs a backdoor on your system and I would never trust something which is cracked on a Server anyways!

Thanks for advice,i'll redo my USB drive and try install again.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Stan_ said:

Thanks for advice,i'll redo my USB drive and try install again.

Please also wait for the driver install window to display the DONE button, this can take in certain situations very long, depending on how fast the connection to GitHub is from your country.

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But are you sure that you are booting in CSM mode? For me it seems that you boot with UEFI.

Go to the Main tab from Unraid and then click on the blue text which says "Flash" and make sure that box isn't activated:

grafik.thumb.png.e00efb4ad68a797faa302fa304182783.png

(btw you also see in which mode you are currently booted UEFI or Legacy)

I tried it, still throwing a lot of errors, no improvement
I want to be desperatel1669378606431.thumb.png.48c52f01cd6906a3b92376a1b07febe9.png

2 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

I tried it, still throwing a lot of errors, no improvement
I want to be desperate

The main issue here is the bleeding edge hardware that you are using.

In your case I blame the manufacturer from the Motherboard because this seems some kind of firmware bug which needs to be fixed in your case by ASUS.

Maybe try to contact ASUS about that issue, hopefully they will release a new BIOS with a fix.

There is also another way around this and you can hide the message from your syslog, but keep in mind this is not a real solution, this is more of a workaround.

Just now, ich777 said:

The main issue here is the bleeding edge hardware that you are using.

In your case I blame the manufacturer from the Motherboard because this seems some kind of firmware bug which needs to be fixed in your case by ASUS.

Maybe try to contact ASUS about that issue, hopefully they will release a new BIOS with a fix.

There is also another way around this and you can hide the message from your syslog, but keep in mind this is not a real solution, this is more of a workaround.

thank you for your reply

My graphics card is old, but the platform is very new, but when I use GT1030 there is no problem, the BIOS seems to have no support for Quadro graphics cards

Because this error is generated every second, it will quickly fill up my memory (about 12 hours), causing my Unraid to crash directly

Will the hidden log you mentioned actually record this log and not display it? This does not seem to solve the problem, because my memory will still be full.

In other words, how to set not to record this log that does not seem to affect my normal use?

Looking forward to your reply, thanks

11 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

My graphics card is old, but the platform is very new, but when I use GT1030 there is no problem, the BIOS seems to have no support for Quadro graphics cards

This is a hardware combination bug and has strictly nothing to do with the QUADRO brand, this could theoretically also happen with any other PCIe card.

18 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

Will the hidden log you mentioned actually record this log and not display it? This does not seem to solve the problem, because my memory will still be full.

This will hide the message entirely from the log so it will use no space in the log directory.

18 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

In other words, how to set not to record this log that does not seem to affect my normal use?

I'm currently not at home but I will post how to do that when I'm at my place in front of my PC, will take a few hours.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is a hardware combination bug and has strictly nothing to do with the QUADRO brand, this could theoretically also happen with any other PCIe card.

This will hide the message entirely from the log so it will use no space in the log directory.

I'm currently not at home but I will post how to do that when I'm at my place in front of my PC, will take a few hours.

Thank you very much, I will always wait for you
Looking forward to your solution

36 minutes ago, ich777 said:

In addition, I would like to ask you about the hardware combination bug, does it mean that my motherboard will produce errors only with this T600, or that all T600 series will produce errors?

23 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

Had a little bit of time, please add this to your go file at the bottom after the line that starts emhttp:

# Suppress ACPI Error messages
echo ":msg,contains,\"ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS\" stop" >> /etc/rsyslog.d/01-blocklist.conf
echo ":msg,contains,\"ACPI Error: Aborting method\" stop" >> /etc/rsyslog.d/01-blocklist.conf
echo ":msg,contains,\"ACPI BIOS Error (bug)\" stop" >> /etc/rsyslog.d/01-blocklist.conf
/etc/rc.d/rc.rsyslogd restart

A little explanation, this will basically inject parts of the three error messages into the rcsyslog blocklist and the last line will restart the syslog daemon.

If you put these lines in your go file (/boot/config/go) then the messages will be blocked after emhttp (Unraid WebGUI and all serverices) is started.

4 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

In addition, I would like to ask you about the hardware combination bug, does it mean that my motherboard will produce errors only with this T600, or that all T600 series will produce errors?

No, that means this is a hardware combination issue, it may be possible that another card eg: PCIe Sound Card, PCIe TV Card, PCIe USB Card,... can cause such messages too.

This is actually a bug in the firmware (BIOS) from your motherboard and need to be fixed by the manufacturer.

It is also possible that a T600 from another manufacturer or OEM is working just fine.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, that means this is a hardware combination issue, it may be possible that another card eg: PCIe Sound Card, PCIe TV Card, PCIe USB Card,... can cause such messages too.

This is actually a bug in the firmware (BIOS) from your motherboard and need to be fixed by the manufacturer.

It is also possible that a T600 from another manufacturer or OEM is working just fine.

My graphics card manufacturer is DELL

Thank you

This problem has been bugging me for a week

Edited by crushleorey
14 minutes ago, crushleorey said:

My graphics card manufacturer is DELL

Thank you

This problem has been bugging me for a week

I have already posted how to do it here (a few posts above):

Please don‘t forget to reboot after you‘ve added the lines to the go file.

Hello, it's me again…

I still can't download this plugin from CA,it shows

1490186794_X_)BJCTDY5))V3DPSG0)G5.png.0555229984162121ff1dbb7f533f1c4d.png

I've seached this problem usually shows up when server's time is not right, but I checked my server's time is synchronized with internet, it still pops up.

Could I download .plg and .txz files from your github repository and install locally? Will it be feasible?

Don‘t know wether diagnostics is helping, I’m posting bellow.

stannas-diagnostics-20221125-2351.zip