[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Yes, why not?

I don‘t do anything special to the drivers. These are the default Nvidia drivers with the necessary components for usage in Docker containers.

The device is shown as "NVIDIA Device" everywhere in the system except on the driver settings page where the name of the card appear.

Edited by Draco1544
1 minute ago, Draco1544 said:

You can see that one card is name correctly but not the RTX 4070

But that is not my plugin...

What does the plugin page say?

The screenshots that you've sent is just how the card identifies to the system. This is strictly speaking not related to my plugin.

1 minute ago, Draco1544 said:

Why the name of the card is right only on your plugin ?

Because these data is pulled from nvidia-smi

I really don't see the problem here...

Please keep in mind the first screenshot that you've sent is just from the PCI devices and doesn't have to reflect the real or better speaking the full name from the device that you've plugged in.

Hi,I want to use my Graphics card in Jellyfin(docker),I have reinstalled this plugin multiple times,and I also re plug and unplug the graphics card.It always shows like this.

My cpu is I5-12500 Gpu is GTX 1050TI.

When I enter 'nvidia-smi' in shell it returns 'command not found'

HELP PLEASE

THANK YOU

捕获.PNG

捕获.PNG

Edited by Higgbits
6 minutes ago, Higgbits said:

I just read it.There is the diagnostics.thanks

The package is was not downloaded correctly, are you sure that you've waited for the Done button to appear?

Please uninstall the plugin, reboot, the install the plugin again, wait for the Done button to appear in the download dialogue (this can take a long time depending on your internet connection) and don't close it with the X.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The package is was not downloaded correctly, are you sure that you've waited for the Done button to appear?

Please uninstall the plugin, reboot, the install the plugin again, wait for the Done button to appear in the download dialogue (this can take a long time depending on your internet connection) and don't close it with the X.

I'm in China and it seems that I can't download this plg completely even though I use the http proxy to access to the community applications.How can I download it in my another PC and buid it manually?is that possible?

7 minutes ago, Higgbits said:

How can I download it in my another PC and buid it manually?is that possible?

Yes but not practicable.

I would rather recommend that you Download the plugin, wait for it to error out and download the driver package including the md5 file from here.

I would recommend that you set it to a static version, for example in this case 530.41.03 and then place the downloaded files in:

/boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver/packages/5.19.17/

These would be the two files that you need:

https://github.com/ich777/unraid-nvidia-driver/releases/download/5.19.17-Unraid/nvidia-530.41.03-5.19.17-Unraid-1.txz

https://github.com/ich777/unraid-nvidia-driver/releases/download/5.19.17-Unraid/nvidia-530.41.03-5.19.17-Unraid-1.txz.md5

After that reboot and everything should work, please don't forget to set it to a static version on the plugin page and download the correct package.

However if you want to use the card in a VM then you don't need the plugin anyways...

On 4/28/2023 at 8:53 AM, ich777 said:

Latest Production Branch version is 525.116.03

I will take a look into that but please give me a few days.

I'm having the "Production Branch: Not Found for this unRAID version!" issue as well. I'm currently running driver 525.89.02. If there is anything I can provide to assist in the investigation please let me know! Thanks for looking into it! 

2 hours ago, supawiz6991 said:

I'm having the "Production Branch: Not Found for this unRAID version!" issue as well. I'm currently running driver 525.89.02. If there is anything I can provide to assist in the investigation please let me know! Thanks for looking into it! 

As said previously (I think on page 123), I will look into this in a few days or better speaking on Tuesday.

It could be the case that this has something to do with the fact that there are now many drivers for 6.11.5 available and I recently made a change so that the Legacy driver is always visible.

This won't affect the functionality from the plugin itself, the latest production branch driver is 525.116.03

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

As said previously (I think on page 123), I will look into this in a few days or better speaking on Tuesday.

It could be the case that this has something to do with the fact that there are now many drivers for 6.11.5 available and I recently made a change so that the Legacy driver is always visible.

This won't affect the functionality from the plugin itself, the latest production branch driver is 525.116.03

Yeah I saw that. I just wanted to add my report so that you knew it wasn't an isolated issue. I'll manually set the version and await further update from you and again, if there is any troubleshooting information I can provide I am happy to provide it.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, supawiz6991 said:

I'll manually set the version and await further update from you and again, if there is any troubleshooting information I can provide I am happy to provide it.

This is pretty sure cause by the change that I did lately because on 6.12.0 there are no such issues and I cann see all latests versions just fine.

This plugin isn't playing nice with the GPU statistics plugin (I THINK that's the culprit). whenever I navigate to dash the nvidia plugin repeatedly hits each of my CPUs cores one at a time at about 30-40% usage. the spike stop when I navigate away from the dash

Edited by sage2050