[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

55 minutes ago, cappapp said:

Then I downloaded the new nVidia plugin and setup all the settings again. It works... but it doesn't seem as good as before?

In general this is not different than before with the old Nvidia build.

Can you give me a little more information, on my System with a GTX1060 3GB with Emby/Jellyfin everything works flawlessly.

Are you booting with Legacy or UEFI? If you are booting with UEFI please try to boot with Legacy mode.

Hello there, 

image.thumb.png.1b83018dfd74c8f9f526b49f4ca4d3f6.pngimage.thumb.png.d63f7280fe400a8712c13b85d4c481ca.png

I have a very old GPU, the good old GT220.

That card is not supported by the driver (v455.45.01) the plugin automatically installed. 

In fact, the latest driver that supports the GT220 is v340.108

How do I manually change the driver that is being installed? 

Thanks for your help 

39 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is not possible with this card.

Also this card isn't compatible with the necessary binaries to use it in a container.

Interesting...
So there is no way to make it work for the GPU Statistics plugin at least? 
Maybe installing the correct driver might be enough 

1 minute ago, Alby24 said:

Maybe installing the correct driver might be enough

I don't think this will solve the problem but anyways there is no driver built for the card you have.

Also I don't think the GT220 has NVENC but I could be wrong about that, but what I also think don't work that the "old" driver version of 'nvidia-smi' isn't compatible with the Plugin from @b3rs3rk.

Wouldn't it be better to buy a used GTX1050 or something similar that is capable of 4K encoding and decoding?

1 minute ago, Alby24 said:

I just had that card lying around doing nothing, it was worth giving it a try.

I have also a GTX 750, this card is at least capable of transcoding h264 but nothing more and also I get no temps and power draw in the Plugin because nvidia-smi is completely broken on some cards even on my GTX 1050Ti I don't get a Power draw or usage reading.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you give me a little more information, on my System with a GTX1060 3GB with Emby/Jellyfin everything works flawlessly.

Are you booting with Legacy or UEFI? If you are booting with UEFI please try to boot with Legacy mode.

Hi @ich777,

What do you recommend to do with the old Nvidia build if I upgrade from 6.8.3 to 6.9.0 since stable is already out. Do you recommend to uninstall the old build and when upgrade install the new/regular one. Thanks

• Like 1
1 minute ago, yogy said:

What do you recommend to do with the old Nvidia build if I upgrade from 6.8.3 to 6.9.0 since stable is already out. Do you recommend to uninstall the old build and when upgrade install the new/regular one. Thanks

Simply delete the old Plugin, go to Tools -> Upgrade OS and update to 6.9.0 stable, reboot, go to the CA App and install the Nvidia-Driver Plugin (then you have two options one is to disable and enable the Docker service again, option 2 is to reboot, that is what I recommend).

• Thanks 2

Hey all - congrats on the success so far!
So, I'm wondering where I'm going wrong here - I think everything should be right - but it doesn't seem to be working for me.
I have a Quadro P400 hooked up to my server, but the server doesn't seem to want to show it in the plugin:
image.thumb.png.6c261109ba3c2bd14404d7e291c8d76a.png

The card is unbound:image.png.5b391f395675cf55489e09884adf3f33.png

Finally - I did set the driver version to latest (and restarted)

I really hope I included all the info needed, and more importantly, I hope I didn't miss someone else having the same issue in the thread.

Edited by nicknick923
forgot a detail/grammar
27 minutes ago, nicknick923 said:

So, I'm wondering where I'm going wrong here - I think everything should be right - but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Are you booting with UEFI or Legacy?

Is the Card assigned to a VM?

Can you post your diagnostics here Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download

28 minutes ago, mihcox said:

If i was using 6.9-rc2, and upgraded through OS update, do I need to perform anything from an NVIDIA driver side, or is the code still effective and there is no need to uninstall and reininstall?

No, the driver is downloaded/upgraded at boot, so the boot will take a little longer than usual about 130MB for the driver and about 20 to 30 seconds for the driver installation.

The Plugin should handle all on it's own. ;)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Which version of the images are you using now? The one from my thread?

I think it has something to do with the combination of your hardware.

I don't know if you have seen it already but 6.9.0 stable was released.

Maybe you are right because the server doesn't want to work with the card today. I was running your version of 6.8.3 with the integrated drivers. I checked this morning when I woke up and the card dropped off the bus again. Kept getting the same error in the sys logs again as in my previous pictures. This time even after I rebooted the system it would drop off within a few minutes. I don't know what gives ...

Maybe it is a hardware issue. My previous setup was an old MSI Mobo with an i7-3770K 32GB RAM using the same LSI controller and the Quadro P2000 on 6.8.3. Now the the card doesn't seem to want to hang out at all. I've disabled all hardware transcoding and removed the NVIDIA settings from the docker container so that it at least works. Guess I am going to have to stick to transcoding from the CPU for now. 

Figured I might as well move back up to stable 6.9.0 that was just released. Doing some searching it looks like other people have experienced the issue on Linux systems as well. 

What's crazy is that UnRAID sees the card the whole time in system devices ... it never falls off of that. 

10de:1c30]0b:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106GL [Quadro P2000] (rev a1)

So yeah I don't know what else to try at this point. I've moved the card between PCI slots, I've tried the card on both 16x and 8x, obviously tried different builds, I am booting in legacy mode ... so who knows. This P2000 is not even a year old. 

1 minute ago, SiRMarlon said:

So yeah I don't know what else to try at this point. I've moved the card between PCI slots, I've tried the card on both 16x and 8x, obviously tried different builds, I am booting in legacy mode ... so who knows.

Please try it in a desktop PC and install the drivers...

Also look at this post please (it was a similar problem like yours):

3 minutes ago, SiRMarlon said:

This P2000 is not even a year old.

The P2000 was released 2017 I think.

Eventually it's some kind of hardware combination that won't work. Have you looked also at your C-States in your BIOS? I have something in my head that there where problems with the "older" Ryzen and the C-States.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please try it in a desktop PC and install the drivers...

Also look at this post please (it was a similar problem like yours):

The P2000 was released 2017 I think.

Eventually it's some kind of hardware combination that won't work. Have you looked also at your C-States in your BIOS? I have something in my head that there where problems with the "older" Ryzen and the C-States.

I'll take a look at pulling the card and testing on my system in the coming days. I will also go and see where C-States is on my bios If its enabled I will go ahead and disable it to see if that fixes any issues. I'll let you know in a few days once I get back home and I have physical access to the server. 

Edited by SiRMarlon
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

No, the driver is downloaded/upgraded at boot, so the boot will take a little longer than usual about 130MB for the driver and about 20 to 30 seconds for the driver installation.

The Plugin should handle all on it's own. ;)

It did take longer than usual to boot, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for all your work

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

UEFI

Can I set to boot legacy from the Unraid interface? So I can do it remotely? or will I need to be in front of it and do it in the bios?

3 minutes ago, cappapp said:

Can I set to boot legacy from the Unraid interface? So I can do it remotely? or will I need to be in front of it and do it in the bios?

Hey, I can help here - afaik - this is an in-person (or remote management - like iDRAC6 remote management) thing - so you need to be at the computer or be able to access those deep deep settings

Edited by nicknick923
Just now, cappapp said:

Can I set to boot legacy from the Unraid interface?

I don't think so since if you set the boot order in your BIOS you are won't be able to do that.

Also most new motherboards doesn't allow CSM or Legacy boot by default, you have to explicitly set that in the BIOS.

• Like 1