[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Did you also add this....

If you still have issues please also post your settings from Jellyfin itself for transcoding, a full screenshot from your Docker template with Advanced View enabled and your Diagnostics.

@ich777 I forgot to mention that, sorry, that was already enabled.

I tried the quality change; it uses the GPU if I set it to 480 - 1.5 but if I change it to anything else it stops utilising the GPU.

Jellyfin logs and diagnostics attached

JF log 14-5-24.txt homeserver-diagnostics-20240514-1817.zip

3 minutes ago, RancidGnar said:

I tried the quality change; it uses the GPU if I set it to 480 - 1.5 but if I change it to anything else it stops utilising the GPU.

But that seems completely fine. What is the input media format?

You have to keep in mind if no transcode is necessary Jellyfin won't transocde and therefore won't utilize your Nvidia GPU.

Please don't forget that Jellyfin maybe also have to transcode audio if you see a pretty big hit on the CPU and this is nothing that you can offload to the GPU for example, burned in Subtitles can be also be a pretty big hit on the CPU.

From what I see from your Diagnostics everything seems fine and is working as expected, also from what I can see from the transcoding log you are trying to transcode media that is 480p h265, if your browser supports h265 (all Chrome based browsers should support that IIRC) then it won't trigger a transcode and not use the Nvidia GPU).

You should try media that is really high bitrate and 1080p or even 4K and force a transcode to let's say 720p.

Don't get me wrong but not transcoding is good in my opinion because it saves power and does not reduce the quality.

BTW, have you yet considered to use your iGPU from your AMD Ryzen 3200G? It should also do the job just fine for one or two simultaneous 4K streams (but from what I heard the quality is not nearly the same as Nvidia and far away from Intel).

1 hour ago, RancidGnar said:

Thanks for helping, the issue was, as you originally pointed out, changing the quality. The default quality just wasn't running on the native TV app 🤦‍♂️

Glad to hear that everything is working. :)

Any chance of adding the ability to download Tesla drivers? I've taken a quick peruse through the source code and couldn't find a super easy way to do this. Maybe add an "advanced" option that lets us upload a driver package to use?

2 hours ago, zevin_d said:

Any chance of adding the ability to download Tesla drivers?

No because these drivers can be only be downloaded if you have an account and not freely available.

They also can‘t be redistributed which is mentioned in Nvidia’s EULA.

What issues do you have with the default or the open source driver? The open source and even the default driver should work fine with Tesla cards.

Upload a driver package is also not easily possible because you would have to compile the drivers each time you change the Unraid version which would involve downloading a huge ammount of packges which are not part of unraid and even then if something fails or is not compiling correctly it will be very hard to give support.

As a workaround you could set a static driver version in the plugin, compile the drivers alongside with the chacksum, name it exactly like the package that the plugin has downloaded and replace the file with your package.

@fromage please ask in the appropriate from the GPU Statistics plugin since this is not related to the Nvidia Driver if it's working.

Hint: If you change the card, you also have to select the new card in the GPU Statiscs plugin settings.

• Like 1

Need some assistance.  Replaced by RTX 3070 with a 4090 as I'm playing with some LLM's.  Prior to replacing the card, I could see all the details of load and memory usage on the dashboard widget.  Now I see "vendor command returned unparseable data".

image.png.009c01642654bb35b2342003aff748e0.png

Nvidis-smi looks happy.

image.png.dd3fd40a3454aaaa0a6f3c72448cb63f.png

And here's the plugin page:

image.png.4d8b0c407ac12d3bee102252e5804ace.png

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

-rdm128

8 hours ago, rdm128 said:

on the dashboard widget

The GPU Statistics plugin is dedicated from the Nvidia Driver and not part of the Nvidia driver.

Please post in the appropriate support thread.

Hint: Have you yet looked into the settings from GPU Statistics and assigned the new GPU?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

The GPU Statistics plugin is dedicated from the Nvidia Driver and not part of the Nvidia driver.

Please post in the appropriate support thread.

Hint: Have you yet looked into the settings from GPU Statistics and assigned the new GPU?

Thank you for the reply and Hint.  I appreciate your being kind and not shaming me for the wrong forum.  :)

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

PLeas help me!

I added all comands variable, dont work.... 

My version Jellyfin is image.png.a4823194bc01bcc3afaed73ee26500df.png

image.png.ad55805a58cb8462efbc75cdafb77fc1.png

image.png.8958149375cba7781ebc31fbce0391af.png

image.png.c1bed5a07dd7d72f461bd1d1f3923565.png

image.png.93dac083c4dc309b9867a26486c74d6a.png

image.png.b44d634a569e27cec96b5eac1d16fe53.png

image.png.a4b33336f11345b6ea59396b63cab67b.png

image.png.1174acf5c22ba5708e14fa09f6cd536a.png

image.png.732f80483914b0cb9e816ccc953a6fc3.png

[17:33:30] [INF] [25] Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.DynamicHlsController: Current HLS implementation doesn't support non-keyframe breaks but one is requested, ignoring that request
[17:33:30] [INF] [25] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Transcoding.TranscodeManager: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -init_hw_device cuda=cu:0 -filter_hw_device cu -hwaccel cuda -hwaccel_output_format cuda -hwaccel_flags +unsafe_output -threads 1 -noautorotate -i file:"/data/movies/DOCUMENTALES/Marte Dentro del Falcon Heavy (2018) [tmdb-562685] - [MARS Inside SpaceX] [Historia] [AVC] [720p] [eng, spa] [4.8 Mbps] [1.7 GB] []/Marte Dentro del Falcon Heavy (2018) [tmdb-562685] - [MARS Inside SpaceX] [Historia] [AVC] [720p] [4.8 Mbps] [1.7 GB].mp4" -noautoscale -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_nvenc -preset p1 -b:v 1116000 -maxrate 1116000 -bufsize 2232000 -profile:v:0 high -g:v:0 72 -keyint_min:v:0 72 -vf "setparams=color_primaries=bt709:color_trc=bt709:colorspace=bt709,scale_cuda=w=720:h=404:format=yuv420p" -codec:a:0 libfdk_aac -ac 2 -ab 256000 -af "volume=2" -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -max_muxing_queue_size 2048 -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -hls_segment_type fmp4 -hls_fmp4_init_filename "58e480f844c853c94b3dcef10ce21730-1.mp4" -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/config/cache/transcodes/58e480f844c853c94b3dcef10ce21730%d.mp4" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/cache/transcodes/58e480f844c853c94b3dcef10ce21730.m3u8"
[17:33:30] [ERR] [29] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Transcoding.TranscodeManager: FFmpeg exited with code 1
[17:33:30] [ERR] [36] Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request. URL GET /videos/4b432557-f992-d6c5-5ebf-069d9643d6b1/hls1/main/-1.mp4.
MediaBrowser.Common.FfmpegException: FFmpeg exited with code 1
   at MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Transcoding.TranscodeManager.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, String commandLineArguments, Guid userId, TranscodingJobType transcodingJobType, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, String workingDirectory)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.DynamicHlsController.GetDynamicSegment(StreamingRequestDto streamingRequest, Int32 segmentId)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.DynamicHlsController.GetHlsVideoSegment(Guid itemId, String playlistId, Int32 segmentId, String container, Int64 runtimeTicks, Int64 actualSegmentLengthTicks, Nullable`1 static, String params, String tag, String deviceProfileId, String playSessionId, String segmentContainer, Nullable`1 segmentLength, Nullable`1 minSegments, String mediaSourceId, String deviceId, String audioCodec, Nullable`1 enableAutoStreamCopy, Nullable`1 allowVideoStreamCopy, Nullable`1 allowAudioStreamCopy, Nullable`1 breakOnNonKeyFrames, Nullable`1 audioSampleRate, Nullable`1 maxAudioBitDepth, Nullable`1 audioBitRate, Nullable`1 audioChannels, Nullable`1 maxAudioChannels, String profile, String level, Nullable`1 framerate, Nullable`1 maxFramerate, Nullable`1 copyTimestamps, Nullable`1 startTimeTicks, Nullable`1 width, Nullable`1 height, Nullable`1 maxWidth, Nullable`1 maxHeight, Nullable`1 videoBitRate, Nullable`1 subtitleStreamIndex, Nullable`1 subtitleMethod, Nullable`1 maxRefFrames, Nullable`1 maxVideoBitDepth, Nullable`1 requireAvc, Nullable`1 deInterlace, Nullable`1 requireNonAnamorphic, Nullable`1 transcodingMaxAudioChannels, Nullable`1 cpuCoreLimit, String liveStreamId, Nullable`1 enableMpegtsM2TsMode, String videoCodec, String subtitleCodec, String transcodeReasons, Nullable`1 audioStreamIndex, Nullable`1 videoStreamIndex, Nullable`1 context, Dictionary`2 streamOptions)
   at lambda_method1151(Closure, Object)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.TaskOfActionResultExecutor.Execute(ActionContext actionContext, IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionMethodAsync>g__Awaited|12_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, ValueTask`1 actionResultValueTask)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeNextActionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|10_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeInnerFilterAsync>g__Awaited|13_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextResourceFilter>g__Awaited|25_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeFilterPipelineAsync>g__Awaited|20_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ServerStartupMessageMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, IServerApplicationHost serverApplicationHost, ILocalizationManager localizationManager)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.WebSocketHandlerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, IWebSocketManager webSocketManager)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.IPBasedAccessValidationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, INetworkManager networkManager)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.LanFilteringMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, INetworkManager networkManager, IServerConfigurationManager serverConfigurationManager)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.QueryStringDecodingMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.ReDoc.ReDocMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.SwaggerUI.SwaggerUIMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.Swagger.SwaggerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, ISwaggerProvider swaggerProvider)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.RobotsRedirectionMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.LegacyEmbyRouteRewriteMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.ResponseCompression.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.InvokeCore(HttpContext context)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ResponseTimeMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, IServerConfigurationManager serverConfigurationManager)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)

Edited by videofriki
20 minutes ago, videofriki said:

I added all comands variable, dont work.... 

What exactly does not work?

Do you force a transcode in the settings, if yes how?

Do you use the web player? Maybe post a screenshot.

You have to understand that if the client supports the media type no transcoding has to be done on the Server, please also keep in mind that audio transcoding (if the client doesn't support the audio stream) happens on the CPU and cannot be done on the GPU.

20 minutes ago, videofriki said:

[17:33:30] [INF] [25] Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.DynamicHlsController: Current HLS implementation doesn't support non-keyframe breaks but one is requested, ignoring that request

This log does tell nothing, you have to send the transcoding log from Jellyfin.

Please be aware that ticking boxes does nothing and will most likely make the situation worse (your GPU doesn't even have a AV1 encoder/decoder).

grafik.png.7bc6b29d7adc4d5ffac7af35bfe2d1e7.png

Reset the settings to something like that:

grafik.png.6970bdb4df3bbf4f9d0a6a95631458ee.png

(You should really reset all the settings that you've changed in terms of transcoding)

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

¿Qué es exactamente lo que no funciona?

¿Fuerzas una transcodificación en la configuración? En caso afirmativo, ¿cómo?

¿Utilizas el reproductor web? Quizás publique una captura de pantalla.

Debe comprender que si el cliente admite el tipo de medio, no es necesario realizar la transcodificación en el servidor. También tenga en cuenta que la transcodificación de audio (si el cliente no admite la transmisión de audio) ocurre en la CPU y no se puede realizar. en la GPU.

Este registro no dice nada, debe enviar el registro de transcodificación desde Jellyfin.

Tenga en cuenta que marcar casillas no hace nada y probablemente empeorará la situación (su GPU ni siquiera tiene un codificador/decodificador AV1).

gráfico.png.7bc6b29d7adc4d5ffac7af35bfe2d1e7.png

Restablezca la configuración a algo como eso:

gráfico.png.6970bdb4df3bbf4f9d0a6a95631458ee.png

(Realmente deberías restablecer todas las configuraciones que has cambiado en términos de transcodificación)

Force from the browser lowering the quality. Many multimedia files directly give me an error and do not play. I'm going to put it as you say in the photo and I'm going to force it from the TV.

34 minutes ago, videofriki said:

Force from the browser lowering the quality. Many multimedia files directly give me an error and do not play. I'm going to put it as you say in the photo and I'm going to force it from the TV.

You have to send me your Diagnostics alongside with your transcoding log from within the logs section in Jellyfin.

Which container are you using, so to speak from which repository?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Debe enviarme sus Diagnósticos junto con su registro de transcodificación desde la sección de registros en Jellyfin.

¿Qué contenedor estás usando, por así decirlo, desde qué repositorio?

{"Protocol":0,"Id":"fc88f03bd018648bc914aac012b4131b","Path":"/data/movies/PELICULAS ANIMACION/Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)/Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) [tmdb-49444] [Remux-1080p] [AVC AC3] [5.1] [ES\u002BEN].mkv","EncoderPath":null,"EncoderProtocol":null,"Type":0,"Container":"mkv","Size":20889452912,"Name":"Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) [tmdb-49444] [Remux-1080p] [AVC AC3] [5.1] [ES\u002BEN]","IsRemote":false,"ETag":"95c8cf02e0da09a1f4cb84811ed8a1fe","RunTimeTicks":54239680000,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"GenPtsInput":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"OpenToken":null,"RequiresClosing":false,"LiveStreamId":null,"BufferMs":null,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"VideoType":0,"IsoType":null,"Video3DFormat":null,"MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"h264","CodecTag":null,"Language":null,"ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":null,"VideoRange":1,"VideoRangeType":1,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"LocalizedHearingImpaired":null,"DisplayTitle":"1080p H264 SDR","NalLengthSize":"4","IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":true,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":30810584,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":1,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":1080,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":23.976025,"RealFrameRate":23.976025,"Profile":"High","Type":1,"AspectRatio":"16:9","Index":0,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":41,"IsAnamorphic":false},{"Codec":"ac3","CodecTag":null,"Language":"spa","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Castellano DD 5.1","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"LocalizedHearingImpaired":null,"DisplayTitle":"Castellano DD 5.1 - Spanish - Dolby Digital - Default","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":1,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"truehd","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Ingl\u00E9s TrueHD 7.1","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"LocalizedHearingImpaired":null,"DisplayTitle":"Ingl\u00E9s TrueHD 7.1 - English","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":"7.1","BitRate":3593611,"BitDepth":24,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":8,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":2,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"ac3","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Ingl\u00E9s DD 5.1","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":null,"LocalizedDefault":null,"LocalizedForced":null,"LocalizedExternal":null,"LocalizedHearingImpaired":null,"DisplayTitle":"Ingl\u00E9s DD 5.1 - English - Dolby Digital","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitRate":640000,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":null,"Width":null,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":0,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":3,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"subrip","CodecTag":null,"Language":"spa","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Castellano Forzados (SRT)","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":"Indefinido","LocalizedDefault":"Predeterminado","LocalizedForced":"Forzado","LocalizedExternal":"Externo","LocalizedHearingImpaired":"Discapacidad Auditiva","DisplayTitle":"Castellano Forzados (SRT) - Spanish - Predeterminado - SUBRIP","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":null,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":true,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":0,"Width":0,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":2,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":4,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","CodecTag":null,"Language":"spa","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Castellano Forzados (PGS)","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":"Indefinido","LocalizedDefault":"Predeterminado","LocalizedForced":"Forzado","LocalizedExternal":"Externo","LocalizedHearingImpaired":"Discapacidad Auditiva","DisplayTitle":"Castellano Forzados (PGS) - Spanish - PGSSUB","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":null,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":0,"Width":0,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":2,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":5,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"subrip","CodecTag":null,"Language":"spa","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Castellano Completos (SRT)","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":"Indefinido","LocalizedDefault":"Predeterminado","LocalizedForced":"Forzado","LocalizedExternal":"Externo","LocalizedHearingImpaired":"Discapacidad Auditiva","DisplayTitle":"Castellano Completos (SRT) - Spanish - SUBRIP","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":null,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":0,"Width":0,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":2,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":6,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","CodecTag":null,"Language":"spa","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Castellano Completos (PGS)","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":"Indefinido","LocalizedDefault":"Predeterminado","LocalizedForced":"Forzado","LocalizedExternal":"Externo","LocalizedHearingImpaired":"Discapacidad Auditiva","DisplayTitle":"Castellano Completos (PGS) - Spanish - PGSSUB","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":null,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":1080,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":2,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":7,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"subrip","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Ingl\u00E9s Completos (SRT)","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":"Indefinido","LocalizedDefault":"Predeterminado","LocalizedForced":"Forzado","LocalizedExternal":"Externo","LocalizedHearingImpaired":"Discapacidad Auditiva","DisplayTitle":"Ingl\u00E9s Completos (SRT) - English - SUBRIP","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":null,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":0,"Width":0,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":2,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":8,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","CodecTag":null,"Language":"eng","ColorRange":null,"ColorSpace":null,"ColorTransfer":null,"ColorPrimaries":null,"DvVersionMajor":null,"DvVersionMinor":null,"DvProfile":null,"DvLevel":null,"RpuPresentFlag":null,"ElPresentFlag":null,"BlPresentFlag":null,"DvBlSignalCompatibilityId":null,"Comment":null,"TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":null,"Title":"Ingl\u00E9s Completos (PGS)","VideoRange":0,"VideoRangeType":0,"VideoDoViTitle":null,"AudioSpatialFormat":0,"LocalizedUndefined":"Indefinido","LocalizedDefault":"Predeterminado","LocalizedForced":"Forzado","LocalizedExternal":"Externo","LocalizedHearingImpaired":"Discapacidad Auditiva","DisplayTitle":"Ingl\u00E9s Completos (PGS) - English - PGSSUB","NalLengthSize":null,"IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":false,"ChannelLayout":null,"BitRate":null,"BitDepth":null,"RefFrames":null,"PacketLength":null,"Channels":null,"SampleRate":null,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"IsHearingImpaired":false,"Height":1080,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":null,"RealFrameRate":null,"Profile":null,"Type":2,"AspectRatio":null,"Index":9,"Score":null,"IsExternal":false,"DeliveryMethod":null,"DeliveryUrl":null,"IsExternalUrl":null,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Path":null,"PixelFormat":null,"Level":0,"IsAnamorphic":null}],"MediaAttachments":[],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":35684195,"Timestamp":null,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{},"TranscodingUrl":null,"TranscodingSubProtocol":0,"TranscodingContainer":null,"AnalyzeDurationMs":null,"DefaultAudioStreamIndex":null,"DefaultSubtitleStreamIndex":null}

/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -init_hw_device cuda=cu:0 -filter_hw_device cu -hwaccel cuda -hwaccel_output_format cuda -hwaccel_flags +unsafe_output -threads 1 -noautorotate -i file:"/data/movies/PELICULAS ANIMACION/Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)/Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) [tmdb-49444] [Remux-1080p] [AVC AC3] [5.1] [ES+EN].mkv" -noautoscale -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_nvenc -preset p1 -b:v 14721741 -maxrate 14721741 -bufsize 29443482 -profile:v:0 high -g:v:0 72 -keyint_min:v:0 72 -vf "setparams=color_primaries=bt709:color_trc=bt709:colorspace=bt709,scale_cuda=format=yuv420p" -start_at_zero -codec:a:0 libfdk_aac -ac 6 -ab 640000 -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -max_muxing_queue_size 2048 -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/config/cache/transcodes/c4fdf9f68d4ce89239f8d71b5a74d697%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/cache/transcodes/c4fdf9f68d4ce89239f8d71b5a74d697.m3u8"

ffmpeg version 6.0.1-Jellyfin Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 11 (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ptx-compression --disable-static --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-lto --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-shared --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls --enable-chromaprint --enable-opencl --enable-libdrm --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libbluray --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libdav1d --enable-libsvtav1 --enable-libwebp --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --enable-libzimg --enable-libfdk-aac --arch=amd64 --enable-libshaderc --enable-libplacebo --enable-vulkan --enable-vaapi --enable-amf --enable-libvpl --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc
  libavutil      58.  2.100 / 58.  2.100
  libavcodec     60.  3.100 / 60.  3.100
  libavformat    60.  3.100 / 60.  3.100
  libavdevice    60.  1.100 / 60.  1.100
  libavfilter     9.  3.100 /  9.  3.100
  libswscale      7.  1.100 /  7.  1.100
  libswresample   4. 10.100 /  4. 10.100
  libpostproc    57.  1.100 / 57.  1.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55c8e9248f00] Cannot load libcuda.so.1
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55c8e9248f00] Could not dynamically load CUDA
Device creation failed: -1.
Failed to set value 'cuda=cu:0' for option 'init_hw_device': Operation not permitted
Error parsing global options: Operation not permitted

lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin

6 minutes ago, videofriki said:

lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin

The Diagnostics from your server are still missing, you can upload them by simply draging them into the text window.

I would also prefer that you send me the transcoding log as a file.

I'm also not too sure if the container from linuxserver needs a Docker mod for Nvidia driver support <- but I could be very wrong on that.

Have you yet tried the official container?

51 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The Diagnostics from your server are still missing, you can upload them by simply draging them into the text window.

I would also prefer that you send me the transcoding log as a file.

I'm also not too sure if the container from linuxserver needs a Docker mod for Nvidia driver support <- but I could be very wrong on that.

Have you yet tried the official container?

which is the original? It is not this one?

I'm trying to play from my iPhone 1080p h264 SDR, I always get error. 
my GPU is always at 0%

Log.txt

8 hours ago, videofriki said:

which is the original? It is not this one?

The log that you've sent over doesn't have anything in it that points to an error with the Nvidia driver plugin.

... and you still haven't posted your Diagnostics.

However support from my side ends here because I see that you've already posted in the support thread from the Jellyfin container:

I would also recommend that you try another container (the official one) if this issue occurs there too.

23 minutes ago, Kardiogramm said:

domain.cfg 235 B · 0 downloads flash.cfg 118 B · 0 downloads cache.cfg 1.04 kB · 0 downloads docker.cfg 364 B · 0 downloads smb-extra.conf 28 B · 0 downloads editor.cfg 40 B · 0 downloads super.dat 4 kB · 0 downloads ident.cfg 712 B · 0 downloads share.cfg 500 B · 0 downloads network.cfg 397 B · 0 downloads go.txt 71 B · 0 downloads disk.cfg 11.38 kB · 0 downloads listen.txt 23 B · 0 downloads APPLE_HDD_ST2000DM001_W1E77STF-2024-02-15 disk4 (sdf).txt 12.96 kB · 0 downloads SanDisk__Cruzer_Fit_4C530000071019120265-0-0-2024-02-15 flash (sda).txt 299 B · 0 downloads CT2000P3PSSD8_2407E89702D9-2024-02-15 cache3 (nvme0).txt 3 kB · 0 downloads ST8000AS0002-1NA17Z_Z840E5Y0-2024-02-15 disk2 (sde).txt 15.23 kB · 0 downloads 35000c500ae2c378f-2024-02-15 parity2 (sdk).txt 4.69 kB · 0 downloads WDC_WD30EZRS-00J99B0_WD-WCAWZ0026370-2024-02-15 disk10 (sdi).txt 10 kB · 0 downloads TOSHIBA_MK7559GSXF_11AHC0V5T-2024-02-15 disk7 (sdn).txt 10.44 kB · 0 downloads ST16000NM001G-2KK103_ZL2AGCF4-2024-02-15 disk1 (sdd).txt 15.68 kB · 0 downloads Samsung_SSD_960_PRO_1TB_S3EVNCAJ104728N-2024-02-15 cache (nvme2).txt 4.49 kB · 0 downloads TOSHIBA_HDWG31G_33U0A00EFX0G-2024-02-15 disk8 (sdj).txt 14.28 kB · 0 downloads nvme.1987-3239364430373939313346323030303531323334-53616272656e74-00000001-2024-02-15 cache2 (nvme1).txt 2.97 kB · 0 downloads CT2000BX500SSD1_2113E5900C03-2024-02-15 (sdm).txt 6.97 kB · 0 downloads TOSHIBA_MG10ACA20TE_93N0A02XF4MJ-2024-02-15 parity (sdb).txt 15.3 kB · 0 downloads WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WMC4N0M6E3EN-2024-02-15 disk5 (sdg).txt 14.27 kB · 0 downloads eui.6479a78ba000011f-2024-02-15 cache3 (nvme0).txt 3 kB · 0 downloads Sabrent_296D079913F200051234-2024-02-15 cache2 (nvme1).txt 2.97 kB · 0 downloads eui.0025385171503f7e-2024-02-15 cache (nvme2).txt 4.49 kB · 0 downloads Hitachi_HDS724040ALE640_PK1331PAG3KUZS-2024-02-15 disk6 (sdc).txt 14.42 kB · 0 downloads 35000c500ae2a46ef-2024-02-15 disk9 (sdl).txt 4.76 kB · 0 downloads TOSHIBA_MG06ACA10TE_90N0A3A0FKQE-2024-02-15 disk3 (sdh).txt 17.22 kB · 0 downloads cmdline.txt 36 B · 0 downloads btrfs-usage.txt 1.37 kB · 0 downloads nvidia-smi.txt 9.71 kB · 1 download drm.txt 448 B · 0 downloads unraid-api.txt 334 B · 0 downloads plugins.txt 482 B · 0 downloads motherboard.txt 1.08 kB · 0 downloads iommu_groups.txt 1.55 kB · 0 downloads ntp.txt 2.84 kB · 0 downloads ethtool.txt 2.37 kB · 0 downloads folders.txt 34.13 kB · 0 downloads sshd.txt 3.47 kB · 0 downloads lsmod.txt 5.23 kB · 0 downloads lsscsi.txt 4.84 kB · 0 downloads thirdparty_packages.txt 180 B · 0 downloads loads.txt 1.14 kB · 0 downloads testparm.txt 1.06 kB · 0 downloads memory.txt 256 B · 0 downloads lspci.txt 6.33 kB · 0 downloads meminfo.txt 5.25 kB · 0 downloads lsusb.txt 698 B · 0 downloads urls.txt 742 B · 0 downloads top.txt 44.89 kB · 0 downloads ps.txt 53.84 kB · 0 downloads servers.conf.txt 2.15 kB · 0 downloads vars.txt 63.36 kB · 0 downloads lscpu.txt 3.09 kB · 0 downloads lsof.txt 7.81 kB · 0 downloads df.txt 1.34 kB · 0 downloads ifconfig.txt 314 B · 0 downloads docker.txt 2.7 kB · 0 downloads syslog-previous.txt 549.69 kB · 0 downloads syslog.txt 539.69 kB · 0 downloads unraid-6.12.10.txt 518 B · 0 downloads appdata.cfg 171 B · 0 downloads domains.cfg 169 B · 0 downloads T----------e.cfg 474 B · 0 downloads P--------a.cfg 520 B · 0 downloads C----o.cfg 460 B · 0 downloads isos.cfg 178 B · 0 downloads cache.cfg 474 B · 0 downloads system.cfg 176 B · 0 downloads shareDisks.txt 844 B · 0 downloads D-----x.cfg 474 B · 0 downloads

I assume you have a Mac and use Safari correct? Please disable auto extract from zip files in Safari next time and upload the Diagnostics.zip and not the individual files since this is a mess... :P

So to speak it is really hard to find the necessary files...

25 minutes ago, Kardiogramm said:

Is there no way to get it working natively?

What do you mean with natively?

26 minutes ago, Kardiogramm said:

To save energy I have upgraded my motherboard and CPU (Nvidia GPU is still the same)

Then why use the Nvidia GPU at all?

Your Intel iGPU is more than capable of transcoding multiple 4K media files.

Your Intel iGPU is very power efficient too (more than any Nvidia GPU).

Sorry about that, I was wondering why it did that. 

I just find there is less noise with the GPU and I get fewer transcode popup warnings too along with snappier performance. I don't mind energy consumption when it's working on something, but it's not great when idle. My previous CPU struggled with scanning media for intro/credits, so this one is much better. Nativley as in I download something and it just works and recognises the hardware without having to configure it outside the docker app.

kardiogramm-diagnostics-20240529-2144.zip

12 minutes ago, Kardiogramm said:

I just find there is less noise with the GPU and I get fewer transcode popup warnings too along with snappier performance.

I really can't imagine that the quality is better since Intel's HW transcoder is praised for it's quality on many forums (but I don't want to argue with anyone about that :D ).

In terms of performance, have you yet tried the new Intel iGPU, the ARC GPUs are blazing fast and nothing compared to a Nvidia 30 series card (at least in my opinion).

14 minutes ago, Kardiogramm said:

Nativley as in I download something and it just works and recognises the hardware without having to configure it outside the docker app.

Read the second post in the thread, there is everything in there what you need to do.

From what I can see in the Diagnostics your Nvidia GPU and your Intel iGPU is working fine and you should be able to utilize them if you follow the directions from the second post in this thread.

For the Intel iGPU you just have to pass through the DEVICE /dev/dri by clicking "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device", selecting Device from the drop down and enter the above mentioned path.

After that you should be able to see both GPUs in the Plex settings and select one of them for transcoding, everything else will be done automatically.

"I really can't imagine that the quality is better since Intel's HW transcoder is praised for it's quality on many forums (but I don't want to argue with anyone about that)"

Oh by noise I meant from the server fans. Image quality is the same but I think the performance from the GPU was better, especially when multitasking. 

I added the path for the iGPU /dev/dri and now both of them pop up as an option in the Plex app transocde settings. Am I going insane? I didn't see: DEVICE /dev/dri in the Plex instructions on the first page. 

I will given them both a try and see which one is better :P Thank you for your time and your help, much appreciated :) 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kardiogramm said:

Oh by noise I meant from the server fans.

Ah sorry... I couldn't imagine that you meant from fans since the iGPU only consumes at most 11 Watts on my server and that shouldn't be a problem in terms of noise... :)

3 minutes ago, Kardiogramm said:

I think the performance from the GPU was better, especially when multitasking. 

Maybe but in case for Plex it doesn't matter, only if you have a lot of concurrent Streams my i9-10900 iGPU can handle about 5x 4k streams and even more if the bitrate is not too high.

4 minutes ago, Kardiogramm said:

I didn't see: DEVICE /dev/dri in the Plex instructions on the first page. 

This is only for your Intel iGPU... sorry... but now at least you can test.

Hey

I am attempting to run Games on Whales (Wolf) on Unraid and noticed when I run the command below, the mode set is currently set to know but the doco I am ready need 

sudo cat /sys/module/nvidia_drm/parameters/modeset
N

But I need this enabled, It does indicate this can be done by adding the following to the grub boot

nvidia-drm.modeset=1

However being new to unraid and all wanted to field the question on best approach to enabling this. Is it possible I can enable this post grub boot, or is there an appropriate way to do this for unraid. For context I am following this guide
Games on Whales Wolf Setup

4 hours ago, Salty2011 said:

grub boot

You don‘t need grub to set that.

You can either set that on the drivers page (at the Tools page at the nvidia-drm driver) or in your syslinux config (I would recommend the syslinux way for the beginning).

Just append what you posted above to your syslinux config.

I‘m currently on the go and can‘t give you a exact tutorial but please go to the below linked thread and in the first post at DigitalDevices (blue headline) there is a tutorial how to append such configurations. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1