[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver


ich777

1094 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nvidia-Driver (only Unraid 6.9.0beta35 and up) This Plugin is only necessary if you are planning to make use of your Nvidia graphics card inside Docker Containers. If you only want to use yo

To utilize your Nvidia graphics card in your Docker container(s) the basic steps are:   Add '--runtime=nvidia' in your Docker template in 'Extra Parameters' (you have to enable 'Advanced

Thanks @bytchslappa for the heads up. Everyone using a User Script for Nvidia GPU Power State just edit the script to: #!/bin/bash nvidia-persistenced fuser -v /dev/nvidia* and leave the s

Posted Images

6 hours ago, fxhe said:

I want to utilize my Nvidia graphics card in Plex Docker but I cannot find the UUID of it at Nvidia Driver Package:

 

But I can find the CARD in System Devices:

 

And what can I do next?

 

THANKS.

Something from the screenshot seems very wrong...

 

Can you issue the command "nvidia-smi" (without quotes) from the command line and post a screenshot what you get back?

Link to post
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Something from the screenshot seems very wrong...

 

Can you issue the command "nvidia-smi" (without quotes) from the command line and post a screenshot what you get back?

 

13.png.901b2038430ca941a7155529280b4155.png

Edited by fxhe
Link to post
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Something from the screenshot seems very wrong...

 

Can you issue the command "nvidia-smi" (without quotes) from the command line and post a screenshot what you get back?

I reinstalled the plugin but I found the driver download  was not done. Can I download it by another way?422782991_LY(W2J)9Q2HQZOSOQK5.png.e3a951f153972b552c981faddc4747cb.png

Link to post
12 minutes ago, fxhe said:

I reinstalled the plugin but I found the driver download  was not done. Can I download it by another way?

Do you run any blocking software on your network like PiHole or AdGuard?

Can you connect to Github?

Link to post
3 hours ago, fxhe said:

13.png.901b2038430ca941a7155529280b4155.png

This indicates that the driver install wasn't successful, have you waited until the plugin installation window displayed the DONE button like mentioned in the first post or did you close the window with the red X?

Link to post
21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you run any blocking software on your network like PiHole or AdGuard?

Can you connect to Github?

Maybe the AdGuard, I will try later.

In addition, can I use a computting GPU like tesla K10/K20C as the transcoder or hardware acceleration here?

Link to post
21 minutes ago, fxhe said:

In addition, can I use a computting GPU like tesla K10/K20C as the transcoder or hardware acceleration here?

You can check that like mentioned in the first post on the driver page that is located: here

On this page simply click on the driver version you've got installed or want to install and then on the next page on "Supported Products".

 

22 minutes ago, fxhe said:

Maybe the AdGuard, I will try later.

Something seems to be blocking the driver from downloading from Github.

Link to post
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

You can check that like mentioned in the first post on the driver page that is located: here

On this page simply click on the driver version you've got installed or want to install and then on the next page on "Supported Products".

 

Something seems to be blocking the driver from downloading from Github.

Done and Thanks.

In addition, how to know the hardware acceleration working or not?

Edited by fxhe
Link to post
41 minutes ago, fxhe said:

Done and Thanks.

Does it work now and is it recognized?

 

42 minutes ago, fxhe said:

In addition, how to know the hardware acceleration working or not?

Please go through the second post how to make sure it is working if you are using it for Emby/Jellyfin/Plex:

 

 

In addition you can install the GPU Statistics plugin from @b3rs3rk to see the utilization in your unRAID Dashboard:

 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Does it work now and is it recognized?

 

Please go through the second post how to make sure it is working if you are using it for Emby/Jellyfin/Plex:

 

 

In addition you can install the GPU Statistics plugin from @b3rs3rk to see the utilization in your unRAID Dashboard:

YES. IT WORKS WELL.

THANKS.

 

 

Link to post

@ich777 Hope all is well! Noticing a small wrinkle on boot with the latest version from today. On boot, I am watching the boot log, and just prior to SMB starting and all at the very end of the boot process, when the system is installing all the addon packages, I am noticing that this new version is showing some error/warnings:

 

/bin/bash: line 285: check_package: command not found

/bin/bash: line 286: install_package: command not found

 

Then the system goes on to say that it's subbing /bin/bash with /bin/sh

 

 

 

Took me a little while to figure it out, but I rolled back the Nvidia plugin to the previous version and rebooted, and these messages went away.

Edited by cybrnook
Link to post
3 hours ago, cybrnook said:

/bin/bash: line 285: check_package: command not found

/bin/bash: line 286: install_package: command not found

Thank you for the heads up but that should not harm your system or the driver installation process in any way, will update the plugin shortly, please give me a few minutes.

 

Plugin update, please try again.

Link to post
20 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

Well I was told it was My server, Hardware or GPU yet the Plug-in was updated 30.07.21

The update only added a update helper if you upgarde to a newer unRAID version, nothing else was changed in terms of the driver. ;)

 

20 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

So it appears it was the plug-in and Not my Hardware.

Pretty certain that this is not the case because only a few lines where added that strictly speaking have nothing to do with the drivers itself, look at the changelog. :)

 

Are you sure that you don't changed anything?

Link to post
On 7/31/2021 at 4:26 PM, ich777 said:

The update only added a update helper if you upgarde to a newer unRAID version, nothing else was changed in terms of the driver. ;)

 

Pretty certain that this is not the case because only a few lines where added that strictly speaking have nothing to do with the drivers itself, look at the changelog. :)

 

Are you sure that you don't changed anything?

No mate nothing i simpley waited to see that the plugin had been updated, i installed it and all works ok :) 

Link to post
24 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

No mate nothing i simpley waited to see that the plugin had been updated, i installed it and all works ok :)

Really interesting how a update that has nothing changed in terms of the drivers can magically fix the problem. 😂

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.