[SOLVED] SMB transfers fail over when traversing VLAN - 0x8007003B

langelus

Hi, 

I just can't seem to figure this out, from both computers and phones the transfer starts and then halts after 20-30 seconds with errorcode 0x8007003B when transfering from VLAN for Wifi and VLAN for Wired devices. I can only replicate it to my Unraid server so I'm quite positive it is something to do with Unraid. 

Unraid server on 192.168.0.0/24 <-> Client on 192.168.0.0/24 : Works

Unraid server on 192.168.0.0/24 <-> Client on 192.168.20.0/24 : Times out after 20-30 Seconds

Windows 10 Computer 192.168.0.0/24 <-> Client at 192.168.0.0/24 : Works

I've tried just about any fix I can find about that errorcode and made sure the Unraid server is the SMB Master browser. Speed until it stops is quite decent at about 500 Mbps but I'm still limited to the amount of data that can be transfered in that Windows so files over 600 MB triggers this. Clients I have been testing with are Windows 10 Pro 2004 and Galaxy S10.

Anyone got this working alright?

Found the problem. Might aswell put it to text here if it might help someone in the future. 

My setup only got one IP (on the main interface) and then VLAN's for VM and Dockers. What the problem was since I had custom networks to be able to put dockers directly in the Wifi VLAN the routing table got somewhat messed up and sending part of the traffic to that custom docker network instead of to my firewall for the intervlan routing. Removed those custom networks, put everything in the main LAN instead and voila, SMB transfers successful again.

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] SMB transfers fail over when traversing VLAN - 0x8007003B
  • 9 months later...
On 11/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, langelus said:

Found the problem. Might aswell put it to text here if it might help someone in the future. 

My setup only got one IP (on the main interface) and then VLAN's for VM and Dockers. What the problem was since I had custom networks to be able to put dockers directly in the Wifi VLAN the routing table got somewhat messed up and sending part of the traffic to that custom docker network instead of to my firewall for the intervlan routing. Removed those custom networks, put everything in the main LAN instead and voila, SMB transfers successful again.

What did your routing table look like before. I am having almost identical issues as you. Same subnet and transfer is fine. Different subnets and transfer works for about a few seconds but then dies. I looked at my routing table and I had a bunch of default routes I had to clean up. Looks like they were auto generated with the VLAN interfaces. Unfortunately even after cleaning everything up I am still having the same problems as you. I'll attach a screenshot of my routing table. Maybe another set of eyes on this may give me a clue.

2021-09-02 00_57_55-unraid_NetworkSettings and 32 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png