[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, c_miceli said:

i didn't see anything about this issue

Can you attach your Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box) please?

What Plex container are you using? The official one?

Is the card showing up on the plugin page? Which package are you using?

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you attach your Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box) please?

What Plex container are you using? The official one?

Is the card showing up on the plugin page? Which package are you using?

I am using the plexinc container. Yes

The card does show up in the plugin page, it used to show up as lg and now it doesn't. I am using the LibreELEC package

Thanks for the quick reply

Untitled.jpg

miceli-spare-diagnostics-20210728-0920.zip

3 minutes ago, c_miceli said:

I am using the plexinc container. Yes

The card does show up in the plugin page, it used to show up as lg and now it doesn't. I am using the LibreELEC package

Looks like everything is showing up correctly, have you passed through /dev/dvb to the Plex container?

The only thing that I can imagine is that the newer driver version from my plugin is messing up something in Plex...

Can you try to download TVHeadend and see if the cards are recognized there (don't forget to pass through /dev/dvb)?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Looks like everything is showing up correctly, have you passed through /dev/dvb to the Plex container?

The only thing that I can imagine is that the newer driver version from my plugin is messing up something in Plex...

Can you try to download TVHeadend and see if the cards are recognized there (don't forget to pass through /dev/dvb)?

I tried doing it under extra parameters and as a device both with the same result

I tried tvheadend and it does show up and has more channels show up in the scan(not all but im still a little unfamiliar with tvheadend)

My best uneducated guess is that its not searching right in plex. Almost like its not using the right channel type.

I put in an hdhomerun that picked up every channel

Thanks

15 minutes ago, c_miceli said:

My best uneducated guess is that its not searching right in plex. Almost like its not using the right channel type.

From what I know you need a really good EPG reader so that it works flawlessly in Plex, if I remember correctly @alturismo recommended to use TVHeadend for the TV channels and then import them in Plex, please look at this post here:

Having a new issue with Plex live TV and am trying to rule out what might be causing the issue. 

I had everything working great until yesterday - the plugin worked great and I was able to get all my channels on Plex. 

Yesterday I upgraded my Unraid box, moved the TV card (Hauppauge Quadhd) over and everything seems to be working fine. 

When I checked on my Plex, some of the channels were missing. I am currently only getting 30-40 out of 60+ channels I was getting before. I tried to rescan the channels (didn't help), tried removing and reinstalling the plugin, but nothing is helping. 

I am using unraid 6.9.2, the official Plex docker, and Plex does see the Tuners (the quad shows up as 2 separate tuners). 

At the moment the plugin only sees 2 out of the 4 tuners, but I did see all 4 of them earlier this evening. 

1266548608_dvbplugin.thumb.png.f7a1e149052d4935b6b585f34555555f.png

I tried setting up TVHeadend but was unable to get it to work. However it was able to see all 4 tuners. 

The other part is that each tuner is seeing a different amount of channels even though they are both connected to the same antenna 

plex.png.eee9a6869f4e495a8cc700275022e6e4.png

As I said I am trying to rule out that its the Tuner or the Plugin. I.e. if the Tuner is seen in Unraid, and the Plugin can see the tuner, does that mean those are both working ok? I am suspecting it might be a Plex update, and that is going to be my next place to look. 

Any advice on this would be helpful. 

thanks

@Dchod about Plex and LiveTV ... its still not really the best option therefore, nevermind now, as its basically working inside Plex may as note, no EPG Data for a channel means no Channel, so may start try to refresh EPG in 1st place if that helps.

what do you see when you click on the available channels ?

image.thumb.png.fefa2f0a55143f9b3e7377a08c46d850.png

are the "missing" ones may still there but greyed out ?

image.thumb.png.cd9ba39f79c7e1cf43247d163c94d777.png

in the end, as soon the tuners are there and working, its basically a plex thing, you will get further by debugging (logs) and ask in plex forums therefore.

Best crosscheck is to look if a tv server like tvheadend can see and use the tuners, if so, tuners are fine.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @alturismo. As I said, I am suspecting this is a Plex issue, but because I had the update and the hardware change on the same day, I wanted to rule out an Unraid/ Plugin issue. 

I tried using TVheadend, and wasn't able to get it working. However I was able to see all 4 tuners in there. 

I will head over to the Plex forums and see if anyone has an idea there. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Hi!

Sometime in the last weeks my dvb-t device went missing...

while it was there when i switchted to the DVB-Driver plugin:

On 6/24/2021 at 7:35 PM, pika said:

screenshot.thumb.png.02b5dde58f9c8dc93eae71e9b929d01d.png

now it's gone:

new.jpg.6e0425f911166b88511be93961d9e693.jpg

(the dvb-s device cx23885 was missing when i first switchted to the plugin...)

what can i do?

best regards

14 minutes ago, pika said:

Sometime in the last weeks my dvb-t device went missing

Just on the plugin page itself or also in TVHeadend too?

Sometimes when the log gets filled up it can happen that the driver(s) dissapear from the plugin page but that should not harm anything in terms of function, always check if the card is shown in TVHeadend.

Can you post your Diagnostics again what cards do you own? Is one of them a USB Tuner?

But cx23885 is showing up if understand that correctly?

I don't see the emm28xx anywhere in the syslog, I also don't see it anywhere at you USB devices:

Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0781:5571 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer Fit
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Don't get me wrong but I'm not a huge fan from USB Tuners... :/

...but I try my best to help. ;)

Can you try to reattach it and do a 'lsusb' from the terminal, seems like it's not recognized by the system entirely...

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

But cx23885 is showing up if understand that correctly?

yes, after your fix (as on page 14 and your help via pm)!

I don't see the emm28xx anywhere in the syslog, I also don't see it anywhere at you USB devices:

indeed... it was "there" on june, 25, just checked diagnostics from then (lsusb):

Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 2013:024f PCTV Systems nanoStick T2 290e
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0781:5571 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer Fit
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Don't get me wrong but I'm not a huge fan from USB Tuners... :/

this good boi has been doing good work for over 10 years now!

Can you try to reattach it and do a 'lsusb' from the terminal, seems like it's not recognized by the system entirely...

yes, will do this when i get back from work!

Edited by pika
7 minutes ago, pika said:

this good boi has been doing good work for over 10 years now!

Yes I know but as time goes on and the Software, Hardware, Kernel,... evolves this could lead to other problems.

I only wanted to say that I'm not a big fan from USB tuners because on my setup back then this caused big trouble, now I have a used DVBSky Dual Tuner DVB-C PCIe card for around 20,- in my development server and in my main server 2 Digital Devices DVB-C V6.5 card and never got a single problem.

13 minutes ago, pika said:

yes, will do this when i get back from work!

Seems that it looses eventually the device for some various reason, could you evetually try to connect it to a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 or if it's connected to a 2.0 a 3.0 port?

USB compatibility is sometimes a little weired... :D

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, doron said:

Hi @ich777, any plans to make a 6.10.0-rc1 kernel compatible version of the plugin / drivers? 

Thanks so much for all your work!

Oh sorry forgot to update the second thread... 🙈

Drivers are already compiled... ;)

After a new unRAID release the build process should be finisged after about an hour, completely automated the process. :)

EDIT: Have now updated the second post. :)

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out an issue, and I thought the cumulative wisdom on this thread may point me at the right direction. 

Basic issue is: Can't get DVB-T2 streams from a TBS6281SE card with the TBS-OS drivers.

Detailed description:

I have a DVB-T/T2 USB dongle. I used it with the libreelec driver package of this plugin. Works well, receives both DVB-T and DVB-T2 streams (I need both). 

Decided to swap it for a PCIe tuner card (stability, etc.), got a TBS6281SE (dual tuner, based on Si2168/57). The libreelec driver package does not seem to support the card, so I moved to the TBS OS. Card recognized, drivers loaded, so far so good(*).

I have a tvheadend setup to use the DVB adapters. Using the exact same network/mux/channel setup that works successfully on the USB dongle, I can properly get all the DVB-T streams (SD), but no DVB-T2 (HD) stream.

When I try to start a DVB-T2 stream, the tuner seems to accept the tuning just fine, and start "streaming". However, no audio/video is rendered by the client (vlc, or emby, or tvhclient). When I look at the tvh status/stream page, I can see that the input bandwidth reported is extremely low (for comparison, if the proper DVB-T2 stream that I'm looking for reports a bw of ~5000-7000, here I see it dwindling around ~150).

Has anyone seen something like that? Is there maybe a setting that affects the TBS6281SE that I may be missing? Could the driver or fw be at fault?

Asking another way - do people with TBS8261SE manage to get DVB-T2 streams (as opposed to DVB-T) from this card?

Is the libreelec driver package supposed to work with this card?

Lotsa questions. Thanks in advance for any insight/pointer/advice.

(*) Incidentally and unrelated, with the TBS OS package, the USB dongle is only partially recognized - the Realtek chip is recognized and comes up, the Sony chips are not.

2 hours ago, doron said:

here I see it dwindling around ~150).

i saw this behaviour on dvb-c as sample when a channel is "scrambled", but i guess you have tested FTA channels too

i dont use dvb-t(2) at all, only dvb-c and -s here, so hard to tell, may also take a look at the tuner card settings what setup may is open there for the card, network, network type, broadcast type, etc ...

what does tvheadend report in the debug window ?

image.thumb.png.cac409d8221c5c13098411991838ad07.png

you should see some errors there etc ... and there is may the startpoint whats wrong.

• Thanks 1