[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you post your Diagnostics with the LibreELEC drivers installed and also if possible with the TBS-OS package?

This would be really great to see why it doesn't work, on the TBS-OS drivers both should work.

Attached both - Thank You! 

Edited by ZedC
Clean up
38 minutes ago, ZedC said:

Attached both - Thank You! 

Can you try to install the TBS-OS drivers open up a terminal from Unraid and issue this command and send me the output:

modprobe cx23885

if you got no output please send me the output form:

lsmod

too.

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you try to install the TBS-OS drivers open up a terminal from Unraid and issue this command and send me the output:

modprobe cx23885

if you got no output please send me the output form:

lsmod

too.

Modprobe cx23885 = no output 

Command tried with DVB Drivers set to "LibreELEC" 

Thanks

lsmod.txt

Edited by ZedC
5 minutes ago, ZedC said:

Modprobe cx23885 = no output 

Please check if the card is now visible in the system, the driver should be loaded:

cx23885               163840  0
altera_ci              16384  1 cx23885
tda18271               49152  1 cx23885
altera_stapl           28672  1 cx23885
m88ds3103              24576  1 cx23885
videobuf2_dvb          16384  1 cx23885
snd_pcm                90112  1 cx23885

You can also send your Diagnostics again if I should take a look at it again.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please check if the card is now visible in the system, the driver should be loaded:

cx23885               163840  0
altera_ci              16384  1 cx23885
tda18271               49152  1 cx23885
altera_stapl           28672  1 cx23885
m88ds3103              24576  1 cx23885
videobuf2_dvb          16384  1 cx23885
snd_pcm                90112  1 cx23885

You can also send your Diagnostics again if I should take a look at it again.

Sorry, Visible as in, under TVheadend? if so nothing has changed - The TBS 6981 is only available under Tvheadend/DVB plugin (with a restarted TVheadend) TBS 6902 is still missing from it. 

Thanks

Edited by ZedC
9 minutes ago, ZedC said:

Sorry, Visible as in, under TVheadend? if so nothing has changed - The TBS 6981 is only available under Tvheadend/DVB plugin (with a restarted TVheadend) TBS 6902 is still missing from it. 

But then you are still on LibreELEC drivers and not on TBS-OS drivers or am I wrong?

I've wrote above that you have to be on TBS-OS drivers above, I completely overlooked that you wrote that you tried that with the LibreELEC drivers.

27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But then you are still on LibreELEC drivers and not on TBS-OS drivers or am I wrong?

I've wrote above that you have to be on TBS-OS drivers above, I completely overlooked that you wrote that you tried that with the LibreELEC drivers.

Rebooting system with TVS-OS drivers,  

modprobe cx23885
modprobe: FATAL: Module cx23885 not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.28-Unraid

Lsmod output with TBS OS loaded attached 

lsmod with tbs os.txt

Edited by ZedC
32 minutes ago, ZedC said:

modprobe cx23885

Hmmm, this is really strange, have to open a issue on GitHub in the next few days, the card is listed in the Wiki from TBS-OS on GitHub but seems like the drivers aren't compiled.

33 minutes ago, ZedC said:

5.10.28-Unraid

Not related but I would also recommend that you upgrade to Unraid 6.10.1

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Hmmm, this is really strange, have to open a issue on GitHub in the next few days, the card is listed in the Wiki from TBS-OS on GitHub but seems like the drivers aren't compiled.

Not related but I would also recommend that you upgrade to Unraid 6.10.1

Thanks for the support into this. 

I'll keep an eye on the Git progress. 

Planning to upgrade to 6.10.1 this week.

Z

On 5/26/2022 at 10:52 AM, ZedC said:

Thank you.

Just to let you know, I've now made a new package for TBS-OS with the missing module in it for Unraid 6.10.2

To get this package I would recommend that you uninstall the DVB Driver plugin, reboot, after rebooting pull a fresh copy from the CA App, change the driver to TBS-OS and then again reboot.

After that, the tuner should work.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:25 AM, ich777 said:

If you got a error message like this while upgrading to 6.10.0:

image.png.0bed9077e1a3f8c6c21f081c18c6fb08.png

You can safely ignore that, the plugins are already built and this is caused because the Kernel detection fails on 6.10.0

The plugin packages will be downloaded on boot (as long as there is an active Internet connection on boot).

I'm using an opnsense VM inside unraid, is there also a possibility without Internet connection on boot?

4 hours ago, ProLoader said:

I'm using an opnsense VM inside unraid, is there also a possibility without Internet connection on boot?

Please remove the plugin, reboot and after that install it again from the CA App.

The Plugin Update Helper should work for 6.10.1 and 6.10.2.

In 6.10.0 is actually a bug that prevents it from working properly.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dremeier said:

would it be for interest to add the sundtek driver? 

Isn't Sundtek supported by the in tree modules?

Without you hardware IDs or your Diagnostics I really can't tell much.

Is Sundtek such a good value? My to-go was always DigitalDevices on the high end and TBS on the mid range, also please note that these two brands or better speaking their drivers are working OOB with in tree drivers (LibreELEC package from my plugin).

On 6/14/2022 at 10:06 PM, ich777 said:

Isn't Sundtek supported by the in tree modules?

Without you hardware IDs or your Diagnostics I really can't tell much.

Is Sundtek such a good value? My to-go was always DigitalDevices on the high end and TBS on the mid range, also please note that these two brands or better speaking their drivers are working OOB with in tree drivers (LibreELEC package from my plugin).

I´m not sure if the Sundtek driver are 'in tree' or 'out tree' because i'm not so deep in progging, for my understanding it is 'out tree'. For me the Sundtek device where a good choice wenn you have no PCIE slot available. The Support is extremely good, never seen such a good support. And the devices are working well! 

Why do you need my HW IDs ore Diagnostics???? I'm fine, on my side everything is working well. It was just my thought that others may be interested in, because i've seen a lot of threads asking for help but didn't got it solved with that driver. But of course, if I can help, let's go!

8 hours ago, dremeier said:

Why do you need my HW IDs ore Diagnostics????

Because then I can tell for sure if the drivers are in tree or not and I can take a deeper look into everything.

just want to help. :)

For me the Sundtek device where a good choice wenn you have no PCIE slot available.

Are those tuners USB tuners?

because i've seen a lot of threads asking for help but didn't got it solved with that driver.

Can you point me to those threads please? This is the first or second time that I hear about those…

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Because then I can tell for sure if the drivers are in tree or not and I can take a deeper look into everything.

just want to help. :)

Are those tuners USB tuners?

Can you point me to those threads please? This is the first or second time that I hear about those…

The drivers are different, they're userspace drivers (not depending on any kernel particular kernel version); they will always be out of any tree because we maintain them.

As far as I remember unraid was mentioned a few times, and it works but needs some installation/configuration work.

The entry/documentation in our wiki about docker containers is for a regular ubuntu system; that's why it might not work exactly the same way with unraid.

Libreelec has its own sundtek plugin, I'm not sure how far unraid is using/re-using the libreelec work.

19 hours ago, Sundtek said:

The drivers are different, they're userspace drivers (not depending on any kernel particular kernel version); they will always be out of any tree because we maintain them.

So no modules for a specific Kernel version are needed?

As far as I remember unraid was mentioned a few times, and it works but needs some installation/configuration work.

I haven't looked into your build script yet, can you explain what it does or better speaking what it installs?

From what I read it is also possible to install the driver in a Docker image is that also true?

The reason why I'm asking is because Unraid is loaded from the image files that are located on the USB Boot device into RAM and changes to rootfs will not be persistent when rebooting that's why users have to install plugins which are basically installing drivers/extensions/additional features to Unraid on boot.

Libreelec has its own sundtek plugin, I'm not sure how far unraid is using/re-using the libreelec work.

I can also create a plugin for Unraid for Sundtek drivers but I have to look into this a bit more...

As said above, I think here on the forums this is the second time that someone asked for these drivers.

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

So no modules for a specific Kernel version are needed?

exactly.

I haven't looked into your build script yet, can you explain what it does or better speaking what it installs?

From what I read it is also possible to install the driver in a Docker image is that also true?

yes but docker is a little bit handicapped when it comes to device support, docker needs to know which major / minor IDs should be allowed -- in advance when starting the docker.

lxr containers are more flexible.

Anyway:

Our driver additionally needs access to /dev/bus/usb (major / minor ids)

and "template" files need to be created in /dev/dvb/ ... on the host system so it is allowed to create the corresponding nodes inside of docker

The reason why I'm asking is because Unraid is loaded from the image files that are located on the USB Boot device into RAM and changes to rootfs will not be persistent when rebooting that's why users have to install plugins which are basically installing drivers/extensions/additional features to Unraid on boot.

I can also create a plugin for Unraid for Sundtek drivers but I have to look into this a bit more...

As said above, I think here on the forums this is the second time that someone asked for these drivers.

What do you use DVB-S or DVB-C?

depending on which device you might need we might send a sample to you if you want.

Adding support for the driver would add support for all devices which have been sold since 2008.

There are many supported systems out there and far more than any other tuner supports.

Edited by Sundtek
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sundtek said:

yes but docker is a little bit handicapped when it comes to device support, docker needs to know which major / minor IDs should be allowed -- in advance when starting the docker.

Okay, so this would be then not be the to go solution for this...

Our driver additionally needs access to /dev/bus/usb (major / minor ids)

and "template" files need to be created in /dev/dvb/ ... on the host system so it is allowed to create the corresponding nodes inside of docker

Should be no issue at all because on the host and on plugin installation everything is executed as root.

What do you use DVB-S or DVB-C?

I use DVB-C here.

depending on which device you might need we might send a sample to you if you want.

Oh wow, if that would be possible I can actually test if everything is working and don't have to do that with another user here which can be sometimes a little time consuming and also frustrating...

Maybe hook me up with a short PM (auch in Deutsch möglich).

Adding support for the driver would add support for all devices which have been sold since 2008.

There are many supported systems out there and far more than any other tuner supports.

I can of course look into creating a plugin for Unraid and maintaining it too.

I will go through the script in the next few days and look what it actually does. :)

Hey All,

Im having trouble getting the DVB Plugin to recognise my USB DVB device, tuner works thru a windows setup, verified on my laptop,

Devuce is a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1975;

PasteBin of the lsusb -v is https://pastebin.com/WFedmxPt

I have tried all four Package Selections with no change,

Screenshot attached,

If i can get some help that would be great, looking forward to plex pvr....

Capture.PNG