[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

First of all I would recommend that you upgrade to 6.10.3 and that you actually use the LibreELEC package.

Please send the Diagnostics again after you've switched over and rebooted.

Hey Ich777 thanks for your help so far, hoping to get this going, I was on 6.10.3 previously but tried rolling back to previous version to see if it made a difference but it hasnt, upgraded back to 6.10.3 and Diag is attached

dell-unraid-diagnostics-20220624-1751.zip

12 minutes ago, bbotto90 said:

Output attached, dvb doesnt exist, it is seen in system devices which is a start.

I did my research on the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1975 now and it is a complete mess... :D

This is the device we are talking about or am I wrong: Click

This tuner isn't even listed on the LinuxTV Wiki here for Hauppauge.

The Hauppauge site even mentions that there is a driver here but if you click the link the site is actually not reachable.

From what I see in the syslog your Tuner is recognized but somehow not fully working from what I saw from the outptut from "ls -la /dev/dvb":

Jun 24 17:48:07 DELL-UNRAID kernel: videodev: Linux video capture interface: v2.00
Jun 24 17:48:07 DELL-UNRAID kernel: pvrusb2: Hardware description: WinTV HVR-1975 Model 160000
Jun 24 17:48:07 DELL-UNRAID kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver pvrusb2
Jun 24 17:48:07 DELL-UNRAID kernel: pvrusb2: V4L in-tree version:Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2 Encoder/Tuner
Jun 24 17:48:07 DELL-UNRAID kernel: pvrusb2: Debug mask is 31 (0x1f)

Please send the output from:

ls -la /dev/video*

I really can't tell if we can get this to work with Plex... Even if it works I don't think that Plex will accept it because it isn't listed on the compatible adapters here.

Plex is really "strange" when it comes to DVB and it is always better to use something like TVHeadend in combination with a bridge software to forward DVB to Plex (see recommended post on top of this thread).

Hey Ich777, I got this tuner off ebay thinking cheap way to get PVR, here in aus its DVB-T/T2

what entry level card/tuner would you use for an unraid setup?

if we got the linux drivers is it possible to get the 1975 Haupauge working or is it a waste of time?

image.png.d2725a8aa88c0cf48ae84ce2be323eb8.png

49 minutes ago, bbotto90 said:

if we got the linux drivers is it possible to get the 1975 Haupauge working or is it a waste of time?

TBH I really don't know if it is worth the time since this device on Linux seems a little convoluted, especially the drivers...

If you are able and willing to buy another card I would recommend to buy something that is PCIe based if you have a free slot.

Don't know what's available where you are located but my go to choice for the high end is DigitalDevices, mid range would be TBS and on the lower end DVBSky.

But I have to say that only the price means high, mid and low range. The tuners work all perfectly fine, I run 2 DigitalDevices cards in my main server, a DVBSky and a TBS card in my test server and they work all flawlessly with TVHeadend.

@Ich777

Yeah thats my thoughts too, i have the unit recognised in a VM on Unraid running Win10, Passed Thru the TV Tuner,

Seems to Pick it up and will see if it picks up any channels.... thanks for your help, when i manage to save up some more coin ill buy a PCI Ex Card if i have a spare slot.

cheers

brodie

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, bbotto90 said:

Whats the Next Step to getting it setup correctly for Plex to see it?

I‘m not really a Plex Pro so I would suggest that you first set up TVHeadend and then use a bridge app for Plex like in the recommended post from @alturismo on top.

Or you could also try to add the device /dev/dvb to the Docker template from Plex, but I‘m not too sure if that will work OOB with your card.

On 6/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, ich777 said:

Just to let you know, I've now made a new package for TBS-OS with the missing module in it for Unraid 6.10.2

To get this package I would recommend that you uninstall the DVB Driver plugin, reboot, after rebooting pull a fresh copy from the CA App, change the driver to TBS-OS and then again reboot.

After that, the tuner should work.

@ich777 Thanks - I will try that on next reboot - Currently running with a more uptodate TBS card: TBS 6905 + TBS 6205 = no issues via TBS-OpenSource, Unraid 6.10.3. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, dabs said:

I'm looking to get a card for my Emby server, could anyone tell me if TBS-OS is compatible with the TBS 6902?

TBS-OS as well as LibreELEC are compatible with this card.

Keep in mind that I would recommend that you use TVHeadend for the management of the TV Card and then add it via XMLTV to Emby.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

TBS-OS as well as LibreELEC are compatible with this card.

Keep in mind that I would recommend that you use TVHeadend for the management of the TV Card and then add it via XMLTV to Emby.

Thank you so much, I have spent the afternoon looking into this, and was going to use nextdvr. (based on my limited knowledge and available info) 🙄

Its my first venture into trying to set up the live TV so I will now research your suggested method going forward.

🙂

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Marolo said:

I have something like this (only CPU J4125):

Ah, okay, then stick with the USB Tuners.

I actually don't know if those issues where related to other things like USB extension cords or something like that but I think that a few people out there run USB Tuners with zero issues at all, just wanted to let you know.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, doron said:

I see that the latest release (for 6.11.0--rc4) does not contain the tbsos drivers. 

Is there a problem with them for that kernel? I can't upgrade to rc4 without the tbsos drivers 😞

Exactly, the official media_build (which TBS-OS) relys on doesn't build for 5.19 currently: Click

I would recommend that you stick until then with something older and not with rc4

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Exactly, the official media_build (which TBS-OS) relys on doesn't build for 5.19 currently: Click

I would recommend that you stick until then with something older and not with rc4

Took a peek, seems like the media_build process pulls older versions of some kernel code, specifically mceusb.c. Check out e.g. here.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i couldn't watch any dvb-s channels anymore so i decided to update the plugin...

after that my 2 cards (dvb-t2 usb + TeVii S471 DVB-S2 PCIe) won't show up anymore.

after some investigations i found out that there's an unraid 6.10 already (was on 6.9.2) and also updated unraidOS but still no cards...

image.thumb.png.ebc125b457b331ea091328440a2ecf63.png

you might say i should "update & download" but i have tried this (with a reboot afterwards) and the "update & download" button just reappears...

root@DataTower:~# ls -la /dev/dvb
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root   60 Sep  2 21:52 ./
drwxr-xr-x 17 root root 3440 Sep  2 21:52 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Sep  2 21:52 adapter0/

this:

image.png.d8ee44cbd618a5926c2607ae635d0e0d.png

just means i should hit the "update & download" button, right?

previously everything worked with this entry:

image.png.fae3f6810284e25042326378b65ff8d0.png

Edited by pika