[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

8 minutes ago, dja said:

How do I do that if the GUI doesn't offer it? I have rc4 and 5 as options. 

Oh sorry, forgot how to do that:

1. Go to https://unraid.net/download
  2. On the bottom download the archive for 6.10.3
  3. Replace all bz* files and the changes.txt from the archive with the ones on your USB Boot Device (but don't replace anything else!!!)
  4. Reboot

I will get back to you if I know more and have a new build to test if that's okay for you.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Oh sorry, forgot how to do that:

1. Go to https://unraid.net/download
  2. On the bottom download the archive for 6.10.3
  3. Replace all bz* files and the changes.txt from the archive with the ones on your USB Boot Device (but don't replace anything else!!!)
  4. Reboot

I will get back to you if I know more and have a new build to test if that's okay for you.

I'm happy to help, let me know what I can do. 

Backing it down to 6.10.3 did the trick- it is now showing up again. I included another diagnostics in case that helps at all. 

zeus-diagnostics-20220914-2240.zip

2 hours ago, dja said:

I'm happy to help, let me know what I can do. 

I almost completely forgot that I have a card that is based on the same chipset... 🤦‍♂️

The issue is now solved but you have to wait until a new RC release from Unraid is released if you want to upgrade since there where some changes needed in the base OS to make it again work.

grafik.thumb.png.212172864acd8c182a7063ab1e7ddbb4.png

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you send me your Diagnostics?

This should be also fixed with newer build from Unraid.

Stick to 6.10.3 until a new release is published.

Thanks for the work on this. Would the next version be RC6?

Any way to manually update the newest build in order to get things working? I don't mind replacing .bz files again! :) 

1 minute ago, dja said:

Thanks for the work on this. Would the next version be RC6?

Yes.

1 minute ago, dja said:

Any way to manually update the newest build in order to get things working? I don't mind replacing .bz files again! :) 

Yes, but there is a bug in the newest test build in it. Please wait a bit longer.

10 minutes ago, pika said:

i was watching livetv yesterday and noticed that channel starting/switching takes way too long (~10secs) since i have my new TBS-6902 card and TBS-OS Driver package.

10 seconds is definitely too long and not the default, in Emby I can imagine that this is the case but if you use for example Kodi in combination with the TVHeadend plugin or VLC with the channels playlist it should switch to another channel in 1-2 seconds.

10 minutes ago, pika said:

do i need to configure something more on tvheadend or is this a driver problem?

I think this is more of a hardware/software issue.

How do you use your TV card or better speaking how do you watch TV (Software,...).

5 minutes ago, pika said:

unraid tvheadend > kodi tvheadend client. worked way better with my tevii card.

The TBS-OS card works also very very fast, are you sure that the antennas are connections to the TV cards are seated properly? I had it one time that the connectors where somewhere loose on my DigitalDevices cards.

I can tell that this is definitely not a driver issue because two buddies have a TBS6902 too and they work fine also in terms of channel switching.

Maybe post your Diagnostics and I will go through them later and look if I can find something suspicious.

Hi folks,

so I updated to 6.11 today and I got a problem installing that plugin again.

After installing it manually and restart I would like to choose tbsos-DVB Driver but it failed.

Any idea why and how I can fix that?

Cheers

--Please wait, downloading tbsos-DVB-Driver-Package------------

---------------Can't download tbsos-DVB-Driver-Package---

3 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Hi folks,

so I updated to 6.11 today and I got a problem installing that plugin again.

After installing it manually and restart I would like to choose tbsos-DVB Driver but it failed.

Any idea why and how I can fix that?

Cheers

Try uninstalling the driver, rebooting and then installing again. That got it sorted installing it for me, although RC6 is needed if you have a Hauppauge WinTV-quad HD PCI Express TV Tuner Card 1609. (See my numerous posts above...) 

56 minutes ago, dja said:

That got it sorted installing it for me, although RC6 is needed if you have a Hauppauge WinTV-quad HD PCI Express TV Tuner Card 1609. (See my numerous posts above...) 

Unraid 6.11.0 stable was released yesterday and the LibreELEC drivers should work fine now for your card.

Have you yet upgraded and tried if it‘s working?

• Thanks 1

Hi There,

I'm getting the following on TBS Driver install:

-----------Please wait, downloading tbsos-DVB-Driver-Package------------

---------------Can't download tbsos-DVB-Driver-Package------------------

This is on:

Unraid Version:6.11.0

Kernel:5.19.9-Unraid

Anyone else facing similar issues? Libreelec also is not picking up the cards which are 2x tbs6904 quad tuners. - Usually need to use the tbs drivers for the tbs card for tvh.

TIA!