[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

41 minutes ago, TrippyFix said:

I can't get to show up in Plex.

Which container are you using? If not the official one please switch over to the official one, the containers should be interchangeable between the different maintainers.

43 minutes ago, TrippyFix said:

And also added extra parameter "--device=/dev/dvb" in the Plex container.

I would recommend that you do this with the button add a device path or port at the bottom from the template and select Device from the drop down menu.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Which container are you using? If not the official one please switch over to the official one, the containers should be interchangeable between the different maintainers.

I would recommend that you do this with the button add a device path or port at the bottom from the template and select Device from the drop down menu.

I'm using the binhex container, as I'm also using a bunch of other binhex containers (related to Plex).

I did try both the "--device=/dev/dvb" and device path, but none of them works.

Is there anything else I can try? Switching to the official Plex container feels like a lot of work.

17 minutes ago, TrippyFix said:

I did try both the "--device=/dev/dvb" and device path, but none of them works.

Just do it with the Device and not in the extra parameters.

17 minutes ago, TrippyFix said:

Is there anything else I can try? Switching to the official Plex container feels like a lot of work.

Why, as said above, the containers are interchangeable, simply change the repository (maybe create a backup of you Plex folder that lives in your appdata directory.

Just look at this post:

• Like 1

Does the plugin also provide drivers for the DVB tuners made by Sundtek? 

How about getting a DVB-S card with a unicable-setup to work with Plex, which still doesn't officially support DVB-S tuners? Do you have to run the signal through TVHeadend to get the tuner to work inside Plex?

57 minutes ago, TOMillr said:

Does the plugin also provide drivers for the DVB tuners made by Sundtek? 

No, because I can‘t get my hands on a tuner.

The developers from the Sundtek cards contacted me once but never got back to me.

57 minutes ago, TOMillr said:

Do you have to run the signal through TVHeadend to get the tuner to work inside Plex?

Sort of, please see the first recommended post on top pf this thread.

1 hour ago, fireplex said:

Hi, I guess when the TBS drivers can be compiled on 5.19 then there will be a newer release of the DVB plugin ?

The TBS package will be released yes, but no new release from the DVB Plugin itself.

Please check back from time to time in this thread, but currently there is no fix in place.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Yes, please, but I will start after I get my DVB-C tuner.

While we're at the topic of DVB-C:

I've also still have an DVB-C/T2 tuner "TVButler 100TC" by DVBLogic which seems to use the same hardware as a TeVii H660:

USB interface: ITE IT9303 
Demodulator: Silicon Labs Si2168-B40 
Tuner: Silicon Labs Si2147-A30

Drivers

Any chance of getting that tuner to work with your plugin as well?

8 minutes ago, TOMillr said:

Any chance of getting that tuner to work with your plugin as well?

Have you yet tried to install the LibreELEC package, reboot and see if it got recognized? It should be supported by the LibreELEC package.

If it doesn't get recognized please post your Diagnostics with the LibreELEC package installed after a reboot and the USB Tuner connected.

Please remember you can't install two or more packages at once because they all use different V4L drivers and this is a huge pain...

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please remember you can't install two or more packages at once because they all use different V4L drivers

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. So in practice, I won't be able to use a Sundtek tuner alongside a tuner (say made by Digital Devices, Xbox or TBS) that uses drivers from a different package?

Just now, TOMillr said:

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. So in practice, I won't be able to use a Sundtek tuner alongside a tuner (say made by Digital Devices, Xbox or TBS) that uses drivers from a different package?

No, not really.

But you can use for sure a Xbox USB Tuner and a DigitalDevices card with the LibreELEC package because they are all included in there, even some TBS Cards should work with the LibreELEC drivers.

2 hours ago, TOMillr said:

LibreElec

Yes, in LibreELEC itself (the OS) not in my driver package... :D

My package includes only the DVB Driver portion from LibreELEC and are basically the Kernel in tree drivers.

Sundtek is however another story, LibreELEC itself got it's own drivers for Sundtek.

Maybe I will create a dedicated Plugin for Sundtek, but first I need some hardware from them on hand, otherwise I can't test.

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, pk1057 said:

Someone posted a modified buildscript for the tbsoss Driver to get it up and running in Ubuntu 22. Probably this will solve our problems too ?

Yes, I know that because I've subscribed to that issue and also commented above, but no the build doesn't work with this workaround, I've already tried that.

2 hours ago, JoergHH said:

Do the drivers also work if the DVB device is connected via USBIP to a remote system (in my case a Raspberry PI with a DVB-C stick in a room far away)?

Maybe yes, I've never tried this but in theory yes.

About what adapter are we talking about? It is maybe possible that you have to trigger udev again to recognize the device or modprobe it manually.