[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

Edit: added installation screenshot

Have you also deleted also the file '/boot/config/plugins/dvb-driver.plg'?

There is no /boot/config/plugins/dvb-driver.plg

What files are in /boot/config/plugins/dvb-driver after the installation of the plugin?

Inside dvb-driver are the following files and folder:

dvb-driver-2020.11.17.txz  packages/  settings.cfg

Have you waited until the plugin is installed successfully and the 'Done' button appeared or did you close it with the red 'x' button on the top right corner?

yes

I think it doesn't or at least can't download the package that needs to be installed...

Have you PiHole installed in your network somewhere?

this could be. i use pihole. I disabled it and tried again with the same error.

What is wrong with this? beta35 is on Kernel 5.8.18.

Please forget it. It was just an idea, maybe somethings wrong here...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-07 um 14.16.52.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-07 um 14.34.02.png

Edited by Dexter84
36 minutes ago, Dexter84 said:

Inside dvb-driver are the following files and folder:

dvb-driver-2020.11.17.txz  packages/  settings.cfg

Can you give me a screenshot what it says after the plugin is fully downloaded (the windows where it installs the plugin)?

Also what is in the folder packages? There should be a subfolder with the actual Kernel version and in that folder should be the package and some kind of a bzimage.

36 minutes ago, Dexter84 said:

this could be. i use pihole. I disabled it and tried again with the same error.

What plugins have you installed? Eventually something other does prevent the download.

Got no problems here since I also had to download the plugin this morning after you reported that issue and it went without a problem.

You always can put the files in manually and the plugin will install the file on the server start.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, liebesgott said:

Hi to all,

i cant get my DVDSKY S952 to work. I've read that guillelopez was successful with the Libreelec drivers. But for me my card does not show up in the plugin.

Can anyone help me here.

Thanks

Have you rebooted the server after you installed the plugin?

Eventually @guillelopez can help?

My order of T982 not arrived yet.

EDIT: it is also possible that it doesn't show up in the plugin but it is recognized correctly.

Can you look if the path /dev/dvb exists?

9 hours ago, liebesgott said:

Neither tvheadend or mini satip found the folder/device.

Open up a Unraid terminal and give me the output of: 'ls -l /dev/dvb'

9 hours ago, liebesgott said:

When i boot up i get a 

message like Module dvb_core not loaded or found.

Can you post your diagnostics here?

1 hour ago, liebesgott said:

What file in diagnostics are you looking for?

The whole diagnostics would be nice.

Tools -> Diagnostics -> tick the box 'Anonymize diagnostics' -> Download

Then upload it here please.

I hope I get my cards soon so that I can try this on my own.

EDIT: Are you using a custom Kernel or something else?

EDIT2: Can you try to enter 'modprobe cx23885' in the Unraid console (not sure if this is the right module for your card but I would give it a try)?

For me with the LibreELEC package it shows like this on the plugin:

39sfm.png

But have to say that I'm using the Dvbsky S952 V3

Maybe the no V3 versions can't work prorperly with the same configuration.

On the LinuxTV wiki website it seems that V3 versions uses different components.

Also check that the card show on Tools / System Devices section, mine shows as "Multimedia video controller: Spin Master Ltd. PCIe Video Bridge (rev 01)"

If you can't see the card there, maybe is something wrong with the card it self or the pcie port.

Ok, sorry I didn't see your first post.

The "dmesg | grep -i dvb" command give this:

39sgm.png

Edited by guillelopez
20 minutes ago, liebesgott said:

Hi to all,

my output:

I do not have any above 4g decoder settings in my bios .

By the way: The S952 V3 worked in my machine at the beginning on Unraid Version 4.8.

It should work here too...

Have you already tried to uninstall the plugin, reboot, reinstall it, reboot?

Strange that it works for @guillelopez and not for you... You are both on Unraid v6.9.0 RC1 or am I wrong?

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

It should work here too...

Have you already tried to uninstall the plugin, reboot, reinstall it, reboot?

Strange that it works for @guillelopez and not for you... You are both on Unraid v6.9.0 RC1 or am I wrong?

At least I am, I'm going to upgrade now to RC2. If there is any test I can do with my card to try to help @liebesgott, let me now.

EDIT: After update to RC2, still working perfect for me.

Edited by guillelopez
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ich777 and thank your for creating this plugin.

I would like to use a Technotrend AG TT-connect S2-3600 USB DVB-S adapter in a TVHeadend docker, but unfortunately it doesn't work as expected. Unraid detects the adapter, but in TVH, it doesn't work as expected. In the docker container, the adapter is not found, although I tried two different methods of passing it through. I also set up a dietpi vm and there, the adapter is recognized and mounted to /dev/dvb, but the stream is not fluent and shows picture errors. Do you think, that this adapter will work normally, when I install your plugin? I checked the support for this adapter under Libreelec and it seems, that this adapter is supported. So can I then expected full compatibility after installing your plugin? 
Currently I'm on version 6.8.3, so I have to wait for 6.9.0.

Thank you for your help!

Greetings 
maginos

7 minutes ago, Maginos said:

I also set up a dietpi vm and there, the adapter is recognized and mounted to /dev/dvb

Have you passed through the device in the VM Manager?

8 minutes ago, Maginos said:

but the stream is not fluent and shows picture errors.

This could be an issue with the VM, the card itself or with the signal.

I try the drivers with DigitalDevices Cards and DVBSky cards and they both work fine.

10 minutes ago, Maginos said:

Currently I'm on version 6.8.3, so I have to wait for 6.9.0.

Try to upgrade to 6.9.0 we are now on RC2 and I'm on the betas since day one, also on my productive server and have no problems whatsoever.

Then you can try if everything is working properly.

12 minutes ago, Maginos said:

I checked the support for this adapter under Libreelec and it seems, that this adapter is supported. So can I then expected full compatibility after installing your plugin?

I think so because I build it from their source.

@Maginos when i understand your post, since today u didnt installed any dvb pluginand so no modded kernel with the drivers, in this case, the card cant be recognized in tvheadend dockers yet.

as for 683 the "old" dvb plugin is not working anymore, you either wait until 69 final or try the rc ones with dvb driver plugin and installing the dvb module, thats the 1st step to get a card in dockers to work.

about picture fails, its worth a try, check cables, check solid sockets, last but not least the signal strength as mentioned from @ich777

@ich777 and  @alturismo: Thank you for your replies, here's what I did:

-Upgrade unraid to 6.9.0 beta and install the dvb plugin

-passthrough the adapter with the two different methods to the docker container --> did not help, no adapter found

-passthrough the adapter to the vm --> did not help, still picture errors, output of dmesg see annex

The signal should not be the problem, since I have TVH running absolutely fine on a raspberry pi. If its possible, I would like to switch to the docker container, the vm with dietpi is just a "workaround" and for the best I know, closest to a docker container.

The cable is actually not the problem, I tested it with the raspberry pi and I get 1080p streams without any issue.

@ich777 what do you mean with passing the card through in the vm manager? how do I do that?

dmesg

13 minutes ago, Maginos said:

Upgrade unraid to 6.9.0 beta and install the dvb plugin

Are you now on 6.9.0-RC2?

passthrough the adapter with the two different methods to the docker container --> did not help, no adapter found

What does the plugin say? Can you post a screenshot?

Looks like from your dmesg output something is wrong:

pctv452e: I2C error -121

Is the Tuner displayed in Tvheadend?

EDIT: How did you pass the devices through to the container, eventually also post a screenshot of the template please.

passthrough the adapter to the vm --> did not help, still picture errors, output of dmesg see annex

Don't pass it to the VM for now please, let's try to solve why it's not working in the container.

Have you rebooted after the installation of the DVB installation?

Is the Tuner connected to a USB2.0 or USB3.0 Port?

@ich777 what do you mean with passing the card through in the vm manager? how do I do that?

Please forget about that now, it also has to work in the Container since I'm using a dual tuner DVBSky PCIe card on my devserver and also quad DigitalDevices PCIe Tuners in my main server.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you now on 6.9.0-RC2?

Yes. Please see screenshot in the annex.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What does the plugin say? Can you post a screenshot?

Looks like from your dmesg output something is wrong:

pctv452e: I2C error -121

Screenshot in the annex. I know, that some I2C errors are "normal", maybe also this one?

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is the Tuner displayed in Tvheadend?

In the docker container no, in the vm yes.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you rebooted after the installation of the DVB installation?

yes

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is the Tuner connected to a USB2.0 or USB3.0 Port?

USB2.0

DVB plugin.png

2 minutes ago, Maginos said:

In the docker container no,

How did you passed the Tuner to the container? Please also post a screenshot from the template if possible.

Are you using the container from Linuxserver.io?

Can you try to open up a console from the container (click on the container and select 'Console') and do 'ls /dev/dvb' and post the output here?

How did you passed the Tuner to the container? Please also post a screenshot from the template if possible.

Please see below. I also posted a screenshot from my system devices. 

Are you using the container from Linuxserver.io?

Yes

Can you try to open up a console from the container (click on the container and select 'Console') and do 'ls /dev/dvb' and post the output here?

The output is: "ls: cannot access '/dev/dvb': No such file or directory"

TVHDocker_2.png

TVHDocker_1.png

System Devices.png

5 minutes ago, Maginos said:

The output is:

I think we've found the problem the line in the template should only be: '--device=/dev/dvb' and not more (if you do it like in the first screenshot in the extra parameters) if you do it like in the second screenshot with the Host device the path should also be only: '/dev/dvb'