[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is just normal for the usb tuners...

It should yes. USB Tuners always a little problematic...

Can you post a few screenshots from the tuners inside tvheadend?

Ok, so I decided to start over and it seems I had an error in my TVheadend mux configuration.
After correcting that error the DVBsky T680C tunes correctly, but the Terratec H7 still doesn't work:
Tvheadend logs show this error for Terratec H7:

2021-03-13 14:10:17.208 [ NOTICE] START: HTS Tvheadend version 4.3-1941~g817a8d4e4 started, running as PID:329 UID:99 GID:100, CWD:/run/s6/services/tvheadend CNF:/config

2021-03-13 14:10:20.602 [ INFO] en50221: dvbca1-slot0-app00030041/0003: CAM supported CAIDs: 0500 (Viaccess)
2021-03-13 14:10:20.715 [ NOTICE] linuxdvb: dvbca0-0: CAM slot 0 status changed to module ready
2021-03-13 14:10:32.131 [ INFO] mpegts: 570MHz in Boxer - tuning on DRXK DVB-C DVB-T #1 : DVB-T #0
2021-03-13 14:10:32.131 [ ERROR] linuxdvb: DRXK DVB-C DVB-T #1 : DVB-T #0 - failed to tune [e=Invalid argument]

It would seem that the Terratec H7 is unable to tune correctly
This would explain why it's just sitting around doing nothing in Tvheadend:
dvb2.png

Here's the hardware overview in Tvheadend:

dvb3.png

The disabled Silicon Labs card is the DVBsky one, the enabled DRXK is the Terratec H7 one

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LeetDonkey said:

It would seem that the Terratec H7 is unable to tune correctly

Have you setup a network with a valid Frequency? Otherwise the tuner cannot tune correctly, this is a common thing with TVHeadend.

It's best to set the first known Frequency and it normally will auto discover all services afterwards.

The tuning failed message is only because you set no frequency from what I see.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you setup a network with a valid Frequency? Otherwise the tuner cannot tune correctly, this is a common thing with TVHeadend.

It's best to set the first known Frequency and it normally will auto discover all services afterwards.

The tuning failed message is only because you set no frequency from what I see.

So this helped me alot, to begin with it didn't make sense to me since I was using the same MUX list for both the DVBsky and Terratec adapter, so it should theoretically tune the same channels.
After some time and frustration I realized that Terratec H7 isn't a DVB-T2 adapter, it's only DVB-T, and everything I'm trying to do is DVB-T2.
This is probably why it complains it can't tune the frequency, if I change it to DVB-T it attempts to tune correctly.
I must have remembered incorrectly that it was working in Windows, this is obviously not the case

Sorry for wasting your time 😐 It's not completely wasted for me though, I learned alot about tvheadend and DVB adapters in general 😄

Edited by LeetDonkey
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Kodash said:

Stupid uneducated question, if I add to the go file is the Kernel Modulename = 5.10.21-Unraid?

Or is it the chipset of the DVB controller?

Trying to get a WinTV-soloHD to appear :)

Not the answer that you want but, No... :D

Can you give me a screenshot from the Plugin page?

Also please drop your Diagnostics in here (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the file here in the textbox).

• Like 1

Has any consideration been given to change the name of this plugin?  Isn't DVB a European digital video broadcasting standard?  That is one of the uses of this plugin, but I believe it is also used in other parts of the world for ATSC tuners, and encoders that capture HDMI or Component video. I use it with the Hauppauge HD-PVR to capture the output of Cable TV boxes in Canada. When I first started using unRAID and I was told that I needed this plugin I was confused as I don't use DVB.

Wouldn't something like Media Server Plugin or Media Capture or Video Capture plugin be more accurate?

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Not the answer that you want but, No... :D

Can you give me a screenshot from the Plugin page?

Also please drop your Diagnostics in here (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the file here in the textbox).

I think I've made progress. I had pci-e card that was throwing alot of errors that made me abit embarrassed to post the logs!

I can see it in the plugin now using the tbs-opensource driver. But when I pass it to plex and tvheadend it can't find us any channels. Is that a device issue or a driver issue?

Ps sorry the screenshots are mobile ones 

voyager-diagnostics-20210314-2057.zip

Screenshot_20210314-210549_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-210541_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Kodash
Added screenshots
3 hours ago, wayner said:

Isn't DVB a European digital video broadcasting standard?

DVB is in general DigitalVideoBroadcasting is a international standard from what I know ans a well know acronym (also because of DVB-S).

Wouldn't something like Media Server Plugin or Media Capture or Video Capture plugin be more accurate?

Are you sure that this name would not produce more confusion, I can rename it to DVB/ATSC/ISDB/DTMB/DMB Driver.

Isn't for example DVB-S not available worldwide?

I use it with the Hauppauge HD-PVR to capture the output of Cable TV boxes in Canada.

I originally designed it for me so that I can use my DigitalDevices Cards and the Nvidia Driver all at once because at the time there where no such a Plugin.

32 minutes ago, Kodash said:

I can see it in the plugin now using the tbs-opensource driver. But when I pass it to plex and tvheadend it can't find us any channels. Is that a device issue or a driver issue?

You have to set it up correctly in TVHeadend this can be a little bit tricky...

Have you done the install wizard setup? In Plex this is also a bit tricky I think because the channels that you hand over from TVHeadend must have a valid EPG to see it in Plex.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You have to set it up correctly in TVHeadend this can be a little bit tricky...

Have you done the install wizard setup? In Plex this is also a bit tricky I think because the channels that you hand over from TVHeadend must have a valid EPG to see it in Plex.

Yeah I think so! Both detect the dvb fine, just no channels. It's a USB tuner so I'll try it in a different machine and report back :)

10 minutes ago, Kodash said:

The adapter is a USB DVB-T2 one so just a standard reciever?

I think there is something wrong with your settings (you should only enable the featureset of the tuner that you want to use something like in my case DVB-C and in your case only DVB-T):

grafik.png.f2713e7c92af72958ba1999a4e301b1b.png

Then be sure to assign the Network to the tuner like so:

grafik.thumb.png.f73843f016f82dd16288491f2d2e7d97.png

and after that you should be able to create a Mux (something like in my case for DVB-C but only for DVB-T):

grafik.png.bf70e92fa1f72a03745db72d625859ed.png

Then it should hopefully start to scan and find all channels.

• Like 1

Hello and thank you in advance,

I just replaced my tunner from a single digital devices ct to a digital devices octopus that has 2 ci extensions attached (4 tunners total).

The problem I am facing is that with the digital devices drivers my tunners do not show up in the plugin interface, however when I switch to librelec I can see all of them. Should this happen ?

I m pretty sure that the old tunner worked with the "digital devices" driver.

When I create the dvc network and the muxes are being scanned (livrelec drivers), the scanning process stops at some point with

"2021-03-20 22:59:28.505 [ INFO] mpegts: 522MHz in DVB-C Network - scan no data, failed
2021-03-20 22:59:28.505 [ INFO] subscription: 0065: "scan" unsubscribing".  At this point some services are found and are working.

Let me know if you have any thoughts for me!

40 minutes ago, suyac said:

I just replaced my tunner from a single digital devices ct to a digital devices octopus that has 2 ci extensions attached (4 tunners total).

I also have 4 tuners in total and they work just fine with the DigitalDevices drivers.

What have you done exactly?

Can you give me the output from 'lspci -vv' with the DigitalDevices drivers installed (please copy it in a textfile and drag it here in the textbox).

The problem I am facing is that with the digital devices drivers my tunners do not show up in the plugin interface

Sometimes the DVB Cards hang on a reboot and sometimes they reset on another reboot.

Please try to power off the server entierely, pull the power cord from the server and press the power and reset button a few times (this will empty the caps entirely) and wait for at least 15 seconds after you done this.

After that put the power cord back in the server and boot your server and look if you can see the tuners.

Please also give me the output from 'ls /dev/dvb'.

"2021-03-20 22:59:28.505 [ INFO] mpegts: 522MHz in DVB-C Network - scan no data, failed
2021-03-20 22:59:28.505 [ INFO] subscription: 0065: "scan" unsubscribing".  At this point some services are found and are working.

This seems like a problem with the Mux itself. Please doublecheck your settings for the Mux I also gote once such a problem but that was due to a misconfigured first Mux itself.

EDIT: also please post your Diagnostics here (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download and drag the downloaded file also here in the textbox).

42 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sometimes the DVB Cards hang on a reboot and sometimes they reset on another reboot.

Please try to power off the server entierely, pull the power cord from the server and press the power and reset button a few times (this will empty the caps entirely) and wait for at least 15 seconds after you done this.

After that put the power cord back in the server and boot your server and look if you can see the tuners.

The server is 1500 km away and I have completly access to it via ipmi but no physical access. If I cannot resolve the issues like with software I will just ask a friend that has access to it to put the old card back.

8 hours ago, suyac said:

ls /dev/dvb complains about the folder not existing.

Can you try it one more time with the DigitalDevices drivers and try to do 'modprobe ddbridge' after you rebooted and see if the path /dev/dvb is then there with 'ls /dev/dvb'?

8 hours ago, suyac said:

If I cannot resolve the issues like with software I will just ask a friend that has access to it to put the old card back.

That would be also nice but this is the last thing I would recommend doing.

Are the adapters plugged into power?

EDIT: Here is the output of my plugin page:

grafik.thumb.png.ec7d5f456edc82c163414d06ba11310f.png

4 hours ago, alturismo said:

@suyac when you say DD Octopus i guess you have a octopus net device (satip), if so, then you dont need the dvb plugin at all cause its a network tuner. you have to search for tuning options inside TVH then.

Yes, sorry for not making that clearer.  The card that I am using is internal and sits in a pci slot. I think it s an older version of something like https://dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-Octopus-PCIe-Bridge-Classic-V3_1 . Mine also has 4 "inputs". 

And connected to it i have two duoflex ct cards. The older version of these https://digitaldevices.de/produkte/dvb-komponenten/duoflex-c2t2/ . 

9 minutes ago, suyac said:

Yes, sorry for not making that clearer.  The card that I am using is internal and sits in a pci slot. I think it s an older version of something

Have you already tried it with the command 'modprobe ddbridge' after you set the drivers to DigitalDevices and rebooted?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you already tried it with the command 'modprobe ddbridge' after you set the drivers to DigitalDevices and rebooted?

I just did that a few minutes ago /dev/dvb does not exist even if I run modprobe ddbridge manually.

http://support.digital-devices.eu/index.php?article=152 Is this how the plugin adds the digital devices drivers ? I m thinking to do this and see if I get any errors in the process.

Edited by suyac
added question
2 hours ago, suyac said:

Is this how the plugin adds the digital devices drivers ? I m thinking to do this and see if I get any errors in the process.

Yes.

Are you sure that the hardware isn't the problem? Are these new tuners? Is the power connected properly to the tuners?

Which version are the tuner? Have you updated the cards itself?

See my screenshot above, all of my Cine C/T v6 are recognized and working just fine.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that the hardware isn't the problem? Are these new tuners? Is the power connected properly to the tuners?

Which version are the tuner? Have you updated the cards itself?

See my screenshot above, all of my Cine C/T v6 are recognized and working just fine.

The tunners are not new & the power for them comes from a molex to 2 fdd splitter. I scoured the digital-devices website for the models I have. The octopus is a Octopus PCIe Bridge V2 and the extensions are DuoFlex CT cards (not sure is v1 or v2) .

I did not change anything on the cards myself.

After alot of tests today this is the status: on all driver options except the "digital devices" one (so librelec, tbs and xbox ) all 4 tuners show up in the plugin ( as ddbridge | 0.9.33-integrated ). Tvheadend sees them and it finds services when it scans the muxes (this goes slowly and with a lot of fail results but at this time almost all the channels I need are found).

I m now suspecting that the 0.9.38 driver does not like my cards. Are there any resources that you can point me at about where I can learn to create a package with another driver version ( 0.9.37 ). The link I posted earlier does not work as unraid does not have apt-get or yum etc.

dvbdriver-xbox.png

Edited by suyac
added screenshot.
2 hours ago, suyac said:

The tunners are not new & the power for them comes from a molex to 2 fdd splitter. I scoured the digital-devices website for the models I have. The octopus is a Octopus PCIe Bridge V2 and the extensions are DuoFlex CT cards (not sure is v1 or v2) .

I did not change anything on the cards myself.

Can you also give me a 'lspci -vv' when you are using the LibreELEC drivers and also the Diagnostics?

The strange thing is that only the CI Interface is listed and not the addon cards with the DigitalDevices drivers.

2 hours ago, suyac said:

I m now suspecting that the 0.9.38 driver does not like my cards. Are there any resources that you can point me at about where I can learn to create a package with another driver version ( 0.9.37 ). The link I posted earlier does not work as unraid does not have apt-get or yum etc.

Yes and no, I can build it for you since this involves some tinkering with my Kernel Helper since I'm only allowing currently the newest driver to be built.