[Support] FoxxMD - multi-scrobbler

FoxxMD

Application Name: multi-scrobbler

Application Site: https://github.com/FoxxMD/multi-scrobbler

Github Repo: https://github.com/FoxxMD/multi-scrobbler

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/foxxmd/multi-scrobbler

Template Repo: https://github.com/FoxxMD/unraid-docker-templates

Overview

multi-scrobbler is a web application for scrobbling music you play from multiple sources to multiple scrobble clients. It's aim is 1) to provide a self-hosted alternative to capturing track plays and 2) fill in the gaps for track sources and scrobble clients that don't have existing methods of communication.

I am the developer of multi-scrobbler.

Current state of connectivity for m-s:

Track Sources (can capture plays from):

Scrobble Clients (can scrobble plays to):

Feature highlights of m-s:

• Support configuration for single or multiple users (scrobble for your friends and family!)
  • Handles Spotify, Last.fm, and Dzzer authentication for unattended use after first-time setup
  • Logs track discovery/scrobbles to rotating daily files
  • Configurable using JSON files or environmental variables (through Docker or Node)
  • Provides static web page for displaying source/client status, discovery statistics, and recent log activity

multi-scrobbler-ui.thumb.png.8859fca11721ee7c2b4b2064b21e84df.png

Usage/Configuration

Configuration of m-s is done through JSON config files or through environmental variables (set in the unraid docker template). 

The CA template has default settings to map a config and logs directory. logs is optional and config is only required if you are using spotify.

There is a minimal setup example on the readme for using Docker to scrobble from Spotify to Maloja. In the docker example change the environmental variables into Variables in your unraid template.

Otherwise you can find examples of more thorough JSON setups in the configuration docs or in the kitchen sink example.

Support/Feature Request

Please feel free to give me any feedback on anything (unclear instructions, features you'd like to see, problems you are experiencing, etc.) as I am still developing this app:

2023-02-22 Update

If you have an existing multi-scrobbler container and have just updated you may need to update your unraid app configuration! See here for all 0.4.0 changes but the TLDR for unraid:

• Add Variable PUID=99
  • Add Variable PGID=100
  • Remove Path "Logs"
  • Change Path "Config" Container Path
    • from /home/node/config 
    • to /config

Edited by FoxxMD
add more sources/clients to description
  • 2 months later...

Trying to get this setup and working and having issues with the last.fm client. It is telling me "Status: Auth Interaction Required". When I click the link to (re)authenticate or initialize I get various forms of failure. I have created an API key and put the values in to the config.json. I am unsure of how it should function when I get passed to lastfm and then back to the server http://tower.local:9078//lastfm/callback?state=FrankLFM&token=XXXXXXXXXXXX

At this point the page says OK and that is it. Heading back to the application it still says that last.fm is not authenticated. Any idea what I am missing?

2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 info : [App ] Server started at http://localhost:9078
2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 info : [Sources ] (partyPlex) plex source initialized
2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 info : [Source - Plex - partyPlex] Initializing with the following filters => Users: N/A | Libraries: party | Servers: N/A
2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 info : [Sources ] (FrankPlex) plex source initialized
2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 info : [Source - Plex - FrankPlex] Initializing with the following filters => Users: frank | Libraries: N/A | Servers: N/A
2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 warn : [Scrobblers ] (FrankLFM) lastfm client auth failed.
2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 error : [Client Lastfm - FrankLFM] Error: Invalid session key - Please re-authenticate
at CWD/node_modules/lastfm-node-client/lib/ApiRequest.js:136:11 at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5) at async LastfmApiClient.callApi (file://CWD/apis/LastfmApiClient.js:84:20) at async LastfmApiClient.testAuth (file://CWD/apis/LastfmApiClient.js:148:30) at async LastfmScrobbler.testAuth (file://CWD/clients/LastfmScrobbler.js:34:27) at async ScrobbleClients.addClient (file://CWD/clients/ScrobbleClients.js:240:27) at async ScrobbleClients.buildClientsFromConfig (file://CWD/clients/ScrobbleClients.js:195:17) at async file://CWD/index.js:128:9 2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 error : [Client Lastfm - FrankLFM] Could not successfully communicate with Last.fm API
2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 error : [API - Lastfm - FrankLFM] Testing auth failed
2021-09-28T09:33:10-04:00 info : [Scrobblers] (FrankLFM) lastfm client initialized

Edited by Syco54645

@Syco54645 I'm going to need more detail than that.

When I click the link to (re)authenticate or initialize I get various forms of failure.

What failures exactly? Do you see anything in the logs for the multi-scrobbler container?

I think most likely your callback url is incorrect -- it has to be registered with your last.fm application and it needs to be exactly where last.fm will redirect back to multi-scrobbler.

5 hours ago, FoxxMD said:

@Syco54645 I'm going to need more detail than that.

What failures exactly? Do you see anything in the logs for the multi-scrobbler container?

I think most likely your callback url is incorrect -- it has to be registered with your last.fm application and it needs to be exactly where last.fm will redirect back to multi-scrobbler.

I posted on github after I saw the message to post there instead so will continue there. Posting a reply currently as it looks like all config values are correct.

To answer the various failures were caused by not including a callback url. The comment for that line in the json samples is down a line and caused confusion on my end.

Edited by Syco54645