Array shows disk with error

kysdaddy

Yes I was aware of the read errors, that was the initial question that I posted. I didn't know if there was something that I should do to deal with disk 15 and the errors.

Are there directions on completing the backup and reformat anywhere? Just to be sure that I don't foul it up?

Should I wait for the parity check to complete? Or is that a priority?

I have a history of putting the cart before the horse and screwing things up even more.

Thx

7 minutes ago, kysdaddy said:

that was the initial question that I posted.

You only mentioned the SMART errors, not the same thing.

7 minutes ago, kysdaddy said:

Are there directions on completing the backup and reformat anywhere?

Basically just copy everything anywhere else, format and copy back, you can use this to help.

9 minutes ago, kysdaddy said:

Should I wait for the parity check to complete?

If there's been no more errors and it's going at a normal speed you can wait for the check to finish.

Hello,

Twice now I have woken up to a "frozenish" server with no access to download a diagnostic and no way to properly shutdown and restart the machine, Dashboard blank and bottom half of main tab blank. Even reboot on cli wouldn't work. Tried via ssh and both terminal links via gui.

Both times I had to do a hard shutdown via hardware power button.

The first time this happened, things continued to spiral on restart. Dockers failed to  load , the restart didn't change anything. A day and a half later after much appreciated help from JorgeB, I reformatted my cache and started trying to rebuild. 

I got everything setup the way I wanted it, all was good.

I walked into my office this morning and dejavu!

Today I had no docker access, Dashboard and no access to restart,.

Today after I did a hard  restart, the machine is back to normal.

Here is the diagnostic pulled immediately after the machine restarted.

Any help understanding what is happening is appreciated.

Chas

tower-diagnostics-20201126-0851.zip

I just remembered something that I changed yesterday.

I enabled mover logging in schedule, and had not seen the "fix common problems" warning, I just disabled that.

Yesterday I also enabled SSD Trim Settings set to run daily at 3 am, I have disabled that as well

With my history, I am guessing that those two changes are what killed me this time, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Chas

I followed the directions. I created a syslog1 share, set it up as preffercache and set the local syslog to that folder. I set the local ip as the server and clicked apply. the directions say that I should find a file in the folder immediately called syslog-192.168.1.2.log. I check the share and it is empty.

What did I miss this time.

Thanks again

image.thumb.png.bf518a01a7147e0b888eb1df750ae4d1.png

I downloaded kiwi syslog and dropped it onto my windows desktop, set it up and tested the folder, it passed the test.

I setup syslog in unraid 

image.thumb.png.ba5bf5e0484d9c4013b60bab4feec6d2.png

But nothing is populating in the external folder.

This is the latest accessing system log via tools menu

Nov 26 11:15:23 Tower ool www[16725]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/rsyslog_config Nov 26 11:15:25 Tower rsyslogd: invalid or yet-unknown config file command 'UDPServerAddress' - have you forgotten to load a module? [v8.2002.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/3003 ] Nov 26 11:15:25 Tower rsyslogd: invalid or yet-unknown config file command 'UDPServerRun' - have you forgotten to load a module? [v8.2002.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/3003 ] Nov 26 11:15:25 Tower rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="8.2002.0" x-pid="18067" x-info="https://www.rsyslog.com"] start

Did I do something wong, or does the beta problem extend to remote as well.

Chas