(SOLVED) LSI 9240-8i Flashed to 9211-8i IT Mode not Seeing Drives

I've bought an LSI 9240-8i that was meant to be already flashed to IT mode, however when it arrived it wasn't flashed, so a couple of hours later I've managed to flash it correctly (I Think) however when I connect it to the backplane of the server using an SFF 8087 to SFF 8087 cable I don't think it can see any of the drives. I've checked the BIOS to see if I can see the drives in their as well as checking with unraid and none of them are visible. Is there some more configuration that is needed to pass the drives though? or is the unit just dead now.

Thanks in advanced

out26.png

out28.png

out40.png

Edited by Machine_Galaxy

I didn't use a controller before, originally I had the drives plugged directly into the motherboard, however, I've moved the system into a new case that can handle more drives. This case has the backplane that I'm now using the 8087 to 8087 cable to connect the backplane to the LSI 9240-8i card.

The case has 20 bays, however im only using the first 8, the two cables that connect from the first 8 bays then go to the 2 connectors on the HBA, it only has two ports. 

Edited by Machine_Galaxy

Understand, so can't confirm blackplane work or not. If you have a 8087 to SATA forward cable, then you can directly connect disk to HBA without blackplane.

It would easy to shoot HBA working or not.

The RED cable ( 8087-SATA), seems be forward type, pls try connect it with HBA and disks ( provide power )

Edited by Vr2Io

I've managed to figure what was happening, for whatever reason, the LSI card didn't like being in the 3rd PCI-E slot and once I moved it to the 2nd slot, it started to work fine, it also turns out one of my connectors on the back of the backplane has a broken capacitor. But I've now managed to get all the drives to show up correctly now. 

Thanks for the help everyone.

👍

PCI slot show "FF" may be hints ?? Not sure about that ....

2 hours ago, Machine_Galaxy said:

The case has 20 bays, however im only using the first 8, the two cables that connect from the first 8 bays then go to the 2 connectors on the HBA, it only has two ports. 

It is expander type backplane, you should connect two cable ( dual link ) to get max bandwidth for 20 disks. If using only 8, one cable already enough.

Edited by Vr2Io