Option to start the array and mount disks, but not start dockers nor VMs

I'd really love the option to do something like 'Start Array in Maintenance Mode', but with the added benefit of mounting drives and services, without starting dockers or VMs that are usually set to autostart.

The reason for this is to
1. Do file maintenance without services interfering, and/or
2. Access the Docker or VM tab to change services before they start up

Say I wanted to move/rename a directory that gets mounted/used by a docker/VM, very hard to do right now, though doable. Should be a semi-easy addition to add?

Thanks for awesome software folks!

• 5 months later...

I have the same need now. One of dockers is killing my array with cpu/ram usage, and I cannot find which one because they just start running at the boot. 
I would like to start the array, but prevent/disable docker service from starting immediately. Thanks for great work otherwise btw! 

2 hours ago, dakipro said:

I have the same need now. One of dockers is killing my array with cpu/ram usage, and I cannot find which one because they just start running at the boot. 
I would like to start the array, but prevent/disable docker service from starting immediately. Thanks for great work otherwise btw! 

Wouldn’t it be easier to simply disable auto start on all your containers and start them manually?

10 hours ago, itimpi said:

Wouldn’t it be easier to simply disable auto start on all your containers and start them manually?

That may be fine for the above comment, but is not something viable for long term use.

Best option would still be to have a choice to bring up the array without spinning up all the virt and docker stuff. Right now if I want to do file maint I have to disable the docker service and the virt service, then do whatever, then shutdown, renable services, and start again. It's not a big thing, just a nice to have

But that does not fix the 2nd issue

2. Access the Docker or VM tab to change services before they start up

When you have over 30 dockers starting, manually starting them is not an option to do on the regular

Edited by darkwolf