Remotely accessing unraid

Cor4eyh

Hey all,

I have unifi and maybe i'm just not using the right search terms but im interested in being able to access my home server when i am not at my home so say for instance while at work to access some files. I could setup next cloud but directly adding a folder to my computer would be much more helpful.

Is there a guide that works with UNIFI and UNRAID remotely connecting?

Where is this guide?

25 minutes ago, Cor4eyh said:

Hey all,

I have unifi and maybe i'm just not using the right search terms but im interested in being able to access my home server when i am not at my home so say for instance while at work to access some files. I could setup next cloud but directly adding a folder to my computer would be much more helpful.

Is there a guide that works with UNIFI and UNRAID remotely connecting?

Where is this guide?

Have you looked into WireGuard that works great and easy to setup

On 11/22/2020 at 3:26 AM, mrbilky said:

Have you looked into WireGuard that works great and easy to setup

Well this if fabulous kind of what i was looking for. Although this is a direct tunnel meaning i cannot do anything else but get directly to my server. Maybe i was unclear in my description but i want access to the files on my unraid server similar to mapping a drive to my computer but be able to do it remotely. How can one do that?

10 minutes ago, Cor4eyh said:

Well this if fabulous kind of what i was looking for. Although this is a direct tunnel meaning i cannot do anything else but get directly to my server. Maybe i was unclear in my description but i want access to the files on my unraid server similar to mapping a drive to my computer but be able to do it remotely. How can one do that?

Not sure you actually found the right thread about WireGuard or at least you didn't read much of it.

I use WireGuard on my Unraid server to remotely access everything on my LAN including any shares on my Unraid server.

• Like 1