ASMEDIA USB driver in windows VM has to be deleted to work again, every time I start Windows VM

I have my Logitech mouse dongle attached to a USB that I've passed through the entire controller to the VM, and it mostly works.  However, occasionally, it just stops working.  I finally looked in Device Manager and see the orange triangle next to the USB driver.  If I reboot the machine, it will work again for some time, but pretty much always dies and forces me to reboot the machine.

I've seen previous postings that this might have to do with nVidia drivers, but that doesn't really help.  I did have some issues earlier where the audio in this windows VM just said there was no audio device, even though I could see the nVidia driver installed, and a simple reboot brought it back to working.

Not sure how to resolve, but appreciate any help in doing so.

Thanks!

The VM in question is server, which is the server.xml in the diagnostics file

asmedia failure.jpg

media-diagnostics-20201122-1149.zip

Edited by JustinChase
made title more descriptive

If I simply delete the offending ASMedia controller, then check for hardware changes, it re-finds the controller, labels it exactly like the Standard one below it, and adds another USB Root Hub, and everything works again.  Windows immediately recognized the USB dongle, configures it, then tells me all is well.  It also recognizes a hard drive I plug into another of the USB ports on this controller, and it also works fine after 'fixing' this 'error'.  It usually stays 'fixed' until I reboot the VM, then I have to do this again.  It's been this way for over a year, but I'm tired of this annoyance, so I'm really hoping someone knows how to get this fixed for good.