cache failure

I think I had a cache failure and am unsure how to proceed.

Brief description of my setup:

- unraid 6.6.0 

- 2x 3tb drives

- 1x 3tb parity

- ssd cache

During a copy operation involving several GB my cache went up to 66C, the copy operation started hanging but eventually completed. Afterwards I could no longer start docker containers (e.g. plex). I rebooted and tried a complete power down (waiting several hours to make sure everything cooled). The cache drive no longer shows up and if I mount the array none of the docker containers appear.

I just don't know what my next steps should be and if there is a way to recover my docker containers

thanks for the help

after trying to reseat the cache drive nothing seemed to change (the cache drive was still not being detected). In order to see if the problem was the cache drive I bought a new SSD (WD 500GB M.2) and installed it. The drive is now recognized which makes me conclude the issue was the old drive.

I haven't assigned and started my array yet.

I've looked at the "replace a cache drive" instructions  and there doesn't seem to be anything to do in preparation (all the recommended steps assume a functional cache drive)

So my question to the community is

- is there anything to do before assigning the cache and starting up the array?

A secondary question is should I expect my old docker apps to still be available? I'm pretty sure they would have had the default setup as I don't recall customizing anything on that front.