Unsupported Partition due to SATA Cable issue.

feins

Dear All,

Need some help here.

Recently few day i notice that my Array total disk usage suddenly become lower than usual.

I went in check each drive and notice that Drive 3 had 700+ CRC Error and i notice mostly is the cable issue and replace the cable.

After booted and start the Array i notice that the Disk usage still the same and i check Drive 3 again and notice that the Drive was start but due to Unsupported Partition the format become Unknow.

I did unmount the drive and remount it again but didnt help.

I try unmount and notice that under Unassign Drive the drive is there and the Partition format is unknow and recommend to Format the drive. 

I did format the drive and now its mounted without any issue but i notice that the Parity didnt repopulate the drive and left the drive empty like a new drive.

Is there any help as thats is all my media located over 3TB of media.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

Formatting a disk is a write operation. It writes an empty filesystem to the disk. When you format a disk in the parity array, Unraid treats that write operation exactly as it does any other, by updating parity. So parity agrees the disk has an empty filesystem.

Do you have backups?

Bad moves seems like its... so far there is no backup for that Disk... 

16 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Run UFS exploiter or any other file recovery utility and scan that disk.

Okie just finish the scan. Now i saw the result like the attachment so what should i do from here? Im still trying to digest the User Manual but just not really understand the exact instruction.

Need some advice so i could recovery the data smoothly. I notice there are 3 Files system found. one with a green indicator one a yellow and one grey.

seems like the yellow one are the media folder but all the folder name as $Folder but the contain inside those $Folder are the contain the actual contain. So how should i go about it from here. I notice some folder contain the Unraid files aswell.. can see from the example from the Capture 3. where the contain inside those $Folder and there are so many of $Folders.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG