Mover button per share

Tomr

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This would be handy and gives endusers a little bit more control to execute the process.

The mover itself is pretty much a black box for the end user, it would be nice to be able to open a details dialog or something similar to see what file it is currently working on and maybe a count as in working on file X of Xtotal.

11 hours ago, Sachz said:

This would be handy and gives endusers a little bit more control to execute the process.

The mover itself is pretty much a black box for the end user, it would be nice to be able to open a details dialog or something similar to see what file it is currently working on and maybe a count as in working on file X of Xtotal.

I am game to add this to Mover Tuning.  I can do the coding, etc.  but... I'm not sure how to modify the page below.

http://tower/Shares/Share?name=<SHARE_NAME>

I would add a section with "mover" for the title/grey bar, and also two options.

1.) To enable the move per share on the share page

2.) Follow plug-in filters.

If you can point me to someone that can help with adding the customization to the share page I'll start looking at it.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:17 PM, hugenbdd said:

I am game to add this to Mover Tuning.  I can do the coding, etc.  but... I'm not sure how to modify the page below.

http://tower/Shares/Share?name=<SHARE_NAME>

I would add a section with "mover" for the title/grey bar, and also two options.

1.) To enable the move per share on the share page

2.) Follow plug-in filters.

If you can point me to someone that can help with adding the customization to the share page I'll start looking at it.

Done.

###2021.11.23

- Add GUI button in individual shares to move just that shares files from the cache. Must be cache yes

- Fixed bug where original mover would overwrite syslog instead of append.

image.thumb.png.79c941149bc7bb9746841152a61647c8.png

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Looks good :)

Would it also be worth supporting the Use Cache=Prefer item in a similar way?

I'll look at that for the next release.

I have been hesitant to change the code that move files to the cache.  Just because I'm scared it will cause major issues when people fill up their cache drive by accidentally setting their media shares to prefer.