Recurring Kernel panic after reboot

galluno

Hello all!

I haven't been here for quite a while, as the server did its job discreetly and without major problems, but now I have a recurring problem with kernel panics everytime I reboot the server, even if I clean reboot (eg: from the GUI) or I keep pressed the Power button on my chassis.

The kernel panic lines is as follows:

end kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

and it appears every time I reboot the server. I followed the steps from other posts of this kind (=re-install unraid on the USB drive), but at this rate it's unbearable. If the lights go out, I have to reinstall. If I need to reboot to diagnose something (lmao i cannot diagnose nothing because of this problem) I have to reinstall.

I am now doing a Parity check looking for errors, but this is the record since the server started in april:

immagine.png.e7a571f404d731e8ab3f6a1b3bd90355.png

And this is the list the disks attached to the server:

immagine.thumb.png.607f191a3f37084e76c82df2b3254e03.png

I really don't know if there is any way to find older logs, this is what I currently have syslog.txt, but I don't know how much this will help.

Thanks to anyone who will answer

syslog.txt

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same issue with unraid 6.9 rc 2, though it did not happen with fresh unraid install and it appeared after I installed some of the plugins and I also did try with new flash drive and it did not fix it.

I think is because one of the plugins, my guess would be auto mounting a hdd using unassigned devices plugin.

Did you find a fix for the issue ?

Edited by Jidovu Marius Adrian