Unmountable disks present: Disk 1 Disk 2 •

Gizo

Will using the maintenance mode xfs repair tool format the drives aka will I loss my data. I bought a 12 pack of sata cable try changing them all hoping it was just a cable issue or kapton tape not sticking in the right spots but no luck as of yet.

Another thing I would like to add is when my USB drive was acting up I replaced it. About a week ago. Wa giving read write errors. Needless to say. When I did change USB drive my server IP number changed. And it’s basically impossible to connect to my server through the webgui. It was up for 15 or so hrs just trying to copy as much data to externals as I can right now. Praying for least amount of corruption as possible, if any.. When I’m home ([emoji1692]if the server is up) I’ll add another diagnostic if that would help at all. Does a disk unmountable usually always mean corruption?

Thanks in advance sorry crappy grammar at work [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Will using the maintenance mode xfs repair tool format the drives aka will I loss my data.

Of course not. Why would we recommend it if it would format the drives? It will attempt to repair the filesystem.

Your data is effectively "lost" until you repair since the filesystem can't be mounted. 

How successful the repair will be remains to be seen.

Do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable?

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

It was up for 15 or so hrs just trying to copy as much data to externals as I can right now.

Since the unmountable disks can't be read, and the mounted disks can be, copying to externals won't recover any of the data from the unmountable disks.

Good idea to have backups of course.