Help cleaning up appdata and cache drive

Medwynd

/mnt/cache/appdata is a physical drive location that is part of the ‘appdata’ share.    /mnt/user/appdata refers to the User Share that is made of the amalgamation of ‘appdata’ folders on cache and all array drives.   If the Use Cache setting for the ‘appdata’ = Prefer, then mover will try and ensure that any files for the ‘appdata’ share are moved to the cache drive so they then end up being two different ways to refer to the same location.

31 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If the Use Cache setting for the ‘appdata’ = Prefer, then mover will try and ensure that any files for the ‘appdata’ share are moved to the cache drive so they then end up being two different ways to refer to the same location.

"Is the preferred location for appdata to be the user share at mnt/user/appdata/<docker> or the drive at mnt/cache/appdata/<docker>?"

So regarding this question, you are saying, yes I should change the configs to use /mnt/user/appdata?

What about these questions?

1. Should I reset the shares to cache prefer then activate the mover before reenabling Docker?
  2. Also, for getting this setup the actual proper way, when restarting docker should the vDisk be /mnt/cache/docker.img and the default appdata storage location be /mnt/user/appdata/?

31 minutes ago, trurl said:

The usual location for docker.img is in the system share but it doesn't matter. 

And if all appdata is on cache then the paths are the same. 

Prefer can overflow to the array, but Only doesn't move 

The default location for docker was /mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img which is why I was curious.

• 3 months later...

@Medwynd - I think I'm running into the same problems. I can see some appdata directories for Dockers on my Disk3 and I have appdata cache set to prefer.

I think I see in this thread this might be because the array files are duplicates of the cache files.

Spot checking some of them and it appears they are symbolic links.

Do you think I can just delete the files in the array?