unRAID Crashing Approx Every 4-5 Days

jungle

Hey folks, reaching out as I've seen a lot of good support from knowledgable community members on this topic. I'll give you my story before we start. I had a small NAS running on 6.8.3 stable for months without any issues. I wanted to upgrade my case to fit more drives as I had a ton of disks given to me. I got my new case and installed everything but the old girl wouldn't post. After a lot of trouble shooting I figured I fried my MOBO or CPU so I got new ones and put it all back together. Everything came up alright but I couldn't get an IP from DHCP. Turned out that because I got an ASUS B550 Tuf Gaming mATX board with a Realtek RTL8125 it was too new and the drivers didn't exist for it. Researching led me to find that 6.9.0-beta25 had the drivers so I needed to update to that. Only problem was that since I couldn't connect to the network I couldn't do it via the unRAID GUI. I ended up following some posts about getting the beta from the usb tool and then I copied over my config settings from my old usb and the put it all back on the original usb. SUCCESS!!! I ended up getting everything rocking and rolling. Few days went by and then when I woke up and checked how it was doing I couldn't get to the GUI. I had to hard reboot and everything seemed to be good again after a parity check. Today when I woke up - same thing. I am trying to understand what is happening but I can't tell from the diagnostics if there is a hardware issue or not. I have been scouring the net looking for other reported issues like this and trying to crosscheck what is in my diagnostics to see if I can identify something but I am not seeing if there is something there so I wanted to reach out to some experts here in the community to see if maybe they see anything happening. I've setup a persistent log now with the user scripts plugin too to see if I can catch something if it happens again.

nasir-diagnostics-20201127-0644.zip

• 2 weeks later...

@JorgeB it lasted about 8 days and then ran into an issue again. I setup persistent logs to catch it and I've attached them here. I'm not exactly sure what is going on but seems to maybe have started around 3am eastern according the logs. Looks like a mass amount of nginx worker logs (not sure what those are) and then at about 3:52am all kinds of repeating error messages. 

syslog-1606494397 (1) nasir-diagnostics-20201206-0805.zip

• Thanks 1