RAM use locks up server

Raw1790

Most of the time, this type of problem results from a Docker or Plugin which has been improperly configured and is writing its files to the RAM disk that Unraid sets up to store its Linux system files on.  From your brief description, I would suspect that one of these is using the RAM disk for storage of its temp files.  (Otherwise, you would have notice that data is missing.) 

Basically, any Docker of Plugin will have to point to a device under the    /mnt    directory.   (As I recall, if you have a directory under /mnt which is not a device, data in the directory will be stored on the RAM  disk.)   (NOTE:  user and user0 are devices and their contents are stored on real devices.)

Edited by Frank1940
8 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Most of the time, this type of problem results from a Docker or Plugin which has been improperly configured and is writing its files to the RAM disk that Unraid sets up to store its Linux system files on.  From your brief description, I would suspect that one of these is using the RAM disk for storage of its temp files.  (Otherwise, you would have notice that data is missing.) 

Basically, any Docker of Plugin will have to point to a device under the    /mnt    directory.   (As I recall, if you have a directory under /mnt which is not a device, data in the directory will be stored on the RAM  disk.)   (NOTE:  user and user0 are devices and their contents are stored on real devices.)

Thank you for the reply.Looking at what you have suggested I think it is set correctly. Looking at the intel GPU notes I’m not sure if that’s correct but I can’t seem to work out how to check what it’s talking about. 

AC4A02FB-5FC1-45A3-ACC3-1678C710BCDC.jpeg

4 hours ago, Raw1790 said:

Looking at the intel GPU notes I’m not sure if that’s correct but I can’t seem to work out how to check what it’s talking about. 

You might ask in the support thread for the Plex Docker that you are using.  You can find this by left-clicking on the Docker's icon and picking the 'Support' from the dropdown menu.

Your syslog that you attached was from right after you restarted the system.  You could try the Syslog Server to get data over a few days and see if that provides some clues.  Here is a link to the instructions for setting it up:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-781601     

6 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

You might ask in the support thread for the Plex Docker that you are using.  You can find this by left-clicking on the Docker's icon and picking the 'Support' from the dropdown menu.

Your syslog that you attached was from right after you restarted the system.  You could try the Syslog Server to get data over a few days and see if that provides some clues.  Here is a link to the instructions for setting it up:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-781601     

Will give that a try thanks