6.9 beta 35 - VM issues

Tom3

On upgrading from 6.8.3 to 6.9 beta 35 - having problems with VMs.

Starting one VM suddenly makes half of the available VM's disappear from the dashboard,

but they are all listed on the VMs page.  Very strange.

While the VM starts, attempts to connect using noVNC gives an an error about missing rightgutter missing.

About half of the VMs were created in 6.7.  Then upgraded to 6.8.0, 6.8.3.  then the other half of the VMs

were created. 

A wild guess -- do all VM's and docker containers need to be deleted then re-created in 6.9 in order to function?

The need to upgrade from 6.8.3 to 6.9 is that the VMs and Dockers are hammering the lone nVME Cache BTRFS memory device.

One week of uptime on a single (idle) VM did 129 million writes - about 5% of the cache lifetime. Starting

any VM takes about 20,000 writes to cache.  Leaving any VM or Docker running appears untenable in 6.8.3 due to

the flash lifetime write limit. My hope was to upgrade to 6.9 to work around this issue.

Downgrading from 6.9 beta 35 to 6.8.3 left the cache set as an unassigned device, and no VMs or Dockers.   Fortunately

stopping the array and re-assigning cache brought everything back under 6.8.3.

-- Tom

Edited by Tom3
fix typo

In 6.8.3 I had a number of VMs that ran perfectly.  Then upgraded to 6.9-beta-35

1. All VM's were completely dead.  I deleted all VM's and disk images, then disabled VMs in the settings plugin.

2. In the settings / VM manager I disabled VMs then used the checkbox to delete libvirt.img.

3. Then enabled VMs in the VM Manger settings giving me what I hope is a completely clean slate.

4. At this point have tried multiple known-good ISO images (successful on 6.8.3) to create VMs.

Then all create successfully and start, but

Attempting to use noVNC to view any VM always results in noVNC error:

noVNC encountered an error:

SyntaxError: import not found: encodeUTF8
http://192.168.0.250/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/novnc/core/rfb.js:12:9
no
VNC

So at this point I am unable to create or get any VM to run.

Docker seems to run just fine.

Are there suggestions how I might be able to get a VM to get past this noVNC error ?

-- Tom

Edited by Tom3