PCIe USB Card... Passthrough with this one?

harshl

Hey all,

Looking at a USB card, particularly because it has USB C 3.2 ports on it which I would like to use with an Oculus Quest 2 link cable in my gaming VM.

I am looking at this one: 

Inateck PCIe to USB 3.2 Gen 2 Card with 20 Gbps Bandwidth, 3 USB Type-A and 2 USB Type-C Ports, KU5211, Red

https://smile.amazon.com/Inateck-Bandwidth-Type-Type-C-KU5211/dp/B08M5YHWFD/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=usb+3.2+pcie+card&qid=1606627986&sr=8-3

Any reason to think this won't work? Anyone happen to have experience with this card, or another that has USB C that would work with the Quest 2?

After doing a bit more research, it looks like the Quest 2 only requires 5Gbps USB bandwidth. That in mind, any other cards out there that folks are using that will fit the bill with a USB-C port onboard?

Appreciate any advice or guidance.

Take care all!

Edited by harshl

Looks like someone on Amazon commented specifically that he is using this one with unraid, in case anyone else comes across this later.

StarTech.com USB 3.1 PCIE Card - 5 Port - 1x USB-C - 2x USB-A - 1x 2 Port IDC - Internal USB Header Expansion - USB C PCIe Card (PEXUSB312EIC)

Edited by harshl