Enabling hyper-v on windows 10 guest causes a bootloop

I wanted to enable hyper-v on a windows 10 guest. I was able to pass through everything GPU and all no issues and also setup nesting correctly as well. However, I encounter an issue where enabling hyper-v causes a boot loop on the windows 10 guest machine. I was wondering if this is a common issue and if there was any solution, all the research I looked into leads to a dead end.

What happens is I get to the tianocore screen then the vm keeps rebooting until it goes through windows automatic repair thing, the only fix is doing a system restore which removes the hyper-v.

Here are some places that don't have any working solution

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/60452-640-rc9f-windows-10-vm-boot-loop/

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyperV/comments/89va1j/enabling_hyperv_causes_boot_loop/

vm config.txt syslinux config.txt

Edited by newunraidusers
server config

My suspicion is that this is something within Windows.    I get exactly the same symptoms on real hardware (UDOO x86).   Hyper-V used to work on this hardware but sometime earlier this year one of the Microsoft updates broke it and I get your symptoms.   The UDOO can still quite happily run VMs under VirtualBox, just no longer able to run them under Hyper-V.   I find this also means that I cannot use WSL2 on the UDOO - trying to enable that causes the same symptoms.  Be interested if trying to activate WSL2 causes the same symptoms on your VM.

11 hours ago, itimpi said:

My suspicion is that this is something within Windows.    I get exactly the same symptoms on real hardware (UDOO x86).   Hyper-V used to work on this hardware but sometime earlier this year one of the Microsoft updates broke it and I get your symptoms.   The UDOO can still quite happily run VMs under VirtualBox, just no longer able to run them under Hyper-V.   I find this also means that I cannot use WSL2 on the UDOO - trying to enable that causes the same symptoms.  Be interested if trying to activate WSL2 causes the same symptoms on your VM.

Hi i tried this. WSL worked normally however the WSL2 update did infact cause a bootloop issue :/