Logs filled up (Solved)

wickyd

okay, so perusing the forums, i've found an old post from v. 5.0 that seemed similar to mine.  It had to do with using some seagate SAS drives and not being able to spin down.  First I thought it was my power, I have two 750w psu's and only had one plugged in.  I plugged in the second one and rebooted to clear the logs, waited a couple of hours and started seeing the logs fill up again.  then after reading https://forums.unraid.net/topic/27968-ioctl-errors/ , i thought be my SAS drives.  so i turned off the drive spin down and four hours later, and i'm still at 1% log size.  So my question is, is there anything i can do here?  I'm not sure i like the drives spinning 24/7 (power AND wear on the drives come to mind).  my log is above, and it's probably just my 4 drives that never showed their temps:  image.png.281112eb5f221b33be90ba38fd1f1f3e.png

edit:  i've since put my drive default back on the 15 minute spin down, but put the four drives individually on "never" spin down.  it'll do for now, until i can get a fix at least.

Edited by wickyd
  • wickyd changed the title to Logs filled up (Solved)