Suddenly can't access a btrfs snapshot share - Permissions requirements for shares?

So you backup my VMs on my cache drive I have a userscript that runs. It shuts down all running VMs, creates a read only btrfs snapshot of the VM directory and then boots them all back up for minimal downtime. Then the backup runs off the snapshot. This has worked fine for a few years. A second share appears in the share list (VMs_backup in my case) whenever the snapshot is active, I can't remember if I actively set this up or it happened automatically.

Anyway, I suddenly cannot access this share from anywhere. The base share (VMs) still works fine, it is only the snapshot share that I cannot access. I confirmed that the snapshots are still happening, that the folder is accessible on the server and has the right contents (through command line). The share permissions in unraid seem OK.

The only new thing I did was create a new vdisk folder and copy in a vdisk from another location and make a new VM. This makes me think it might be a permissions thing. Is there a requirement here? The thing that is weird is I only added things beneath the share. I did notice some of the folders have my user account and not nobody or root as owner.