syslog to flash drive

JDK

Hi everyone,

I was really trying to not create a new topic just for this, but I could not find a solution: my understanding is that when I setup syslog to mirror to flash the logs should be going to the /logs/ folder on flash. Unless I have the wrong location it should be this /boot/logs/. I have Krusader set up to map a path variable to this location, and I see historical logs there in zip files, but nothing recent enough.

I am trying to troubleshoot a freezing issue with my server that has been plaguing me for the last couple of weeks, so I also set up remote logging since i couldnt track down logs on the flash.

Below is how I configured the syslog options

image.png.b93f350768303ec651b7c101cc0f4051.png

Here is what is available in /boot/logs/

image.png.3bdee940e62815fbf1b66b55446e2718.png

This is how I mapped the path in Krusader, if that helps.

image.png.3f7dba8d059b8998983364bf2834640d.png

• 2 months later...

Watching this as I have similar issue.

My server seemingly crashes under load. Its unable to complete the parity check as the server crashes before completion, resulting in all logs being lost and so I have nothing to point to the actual root cause of the issue. 

I've enabled the "mirror to flash" syslog option. I've restarted the server and left it resyncing/rebuilding overnight, but again it crashed. I am viewing the flash drive plugged into my windows laptop to review the mirrored syslog. The docs state "the syslog will be mirrored to the logs folder/directory of the flash drive and is appended to on a reboot".  I don't see any log files or logs folder. I attach the tree structure of USB flash drive. Can anyone point me in the right direction, as this does not appear to have captured any logs.

I can if necessary setup a remote syslog server, but this looked to be the perfect usecase for the mirror to flash. As the server consistently crashes within a relatively short period.

Thanks in advance.

J

tree.txt

First read this:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-781601

Notice that the file is actually saved in the   /logs    directory/folder.   That is where you should be looking for it.

EDIT: @JPanda,  Please open a new thread for your problem.  It is so much easier for the Gurus to assist if they don't have to filter out all of the other posts that are not related to your problem.

Edited by Frank1940
  • Like 1