SMB Transfer Speed

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

If possible before rebooting and preferably with the array started
Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

attached

not sure if its related but my parity check 2 nights ago that was not correcting scheduled had 5 errors. so I ran another manual check with correction enabled and it showed 5 errors again. could it be bad parity drive?

tower-diagnostics-20201202-2326.zip

If the first check was non-correcting, then the next check would have found the same errors since they were not corrected. Since that check was correcting, they should be correct now. Run another non-correcting check to verify there are zero errors now.

Were you doing these parity checks while testing the transfer speed?

7 hours ago, nekromantik said:

Yes It was filling 20G quite easily I found. 

How many dockers do you have? The usual reason for filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped. Your diagnostics showed it had already used 47G of the 100 so you almost certainly are writing into docker.img

16 hours ago, trurl said:

How many dockers do you have? The usual reason for filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped. Your diagnostics showed it had already used 47G of the 100 so you almost certainly are writing into docker.img

About 9 containers. I will check paths for them to see if any not mapped correctly.  Logs are one thing which could fill it up like NextCloud or NGINX logs. Those I dont map to a share.

However does this impact my speed issues?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 12:15 AM, trurl said:

I have a docker img that is filling up rapidly.  How would I go about checking which docker is writing to a folder that's not mapped?  I have 20 dockers running.

11 hours ago, unraid-user said:

I have a docker img that is filling up rapidly.  How would I go about checking which docker is writing to a folder that's not mapped?  I have 20 dockers running.

You should have a look at this :

The docker.img filling up is covered as well as the basic Docker configuration. It takes some time to understand what is the expected mapping. Maybe SpaceInvaderOne has a video about this, I do not remember.

Edited by ChatNoir
  • Like 1