[SOLVED] BTRFS error after Unassigned Device failure

DrJake

Hi all,

I've been expecting one of my drives (as an Unassigned Storage device) to fail, so I have been using it to record video camera footage, and does not have any of the system folders assigned to it (at least that was my understanding, i.e. Cache). Today, it failed, as expected. What is unexpected is the series of issues I've got now... Hope someone can point the way forward...

Initially I thought it was some issue with the VM, so I restarted the Tower (always forgetting to get the diagnostic file...). Community Fix Common Problem says its "Unable to write to cache". Now it seems something is wrong with my cache drive.

Currently, VMs don't work (even those with img files not stored on the cache drive). VM manager says "/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img Path does not exist."

Dockers also don't work "Docker Service failed to start." I guess the logical conclusion is that something is wrong with my cache drive.

I have attached the cache drive info containing the errors cache info.txt

The system log sys log.txt

Diagnostic file (after restarting unfortunately) tower-diagnostics-20201203-1415.zip

What I don't understand is, how could an Unassigned Device drive cause all this? Because I intentionally structured the devices this way to avoid it causing havoc. Or could this be an unrelated coincidence? Any suggestions on how to fix this (I'm guessing have to recreate the docker image and such)?

Edited by DrJake
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] BTRFS error after Unassigned Device failure